That Blue Strip

Goggles & Flippers

Erm, the one on the fishal website modelled by the women's team. Is that just for them for to be extended to all squads? If so, I don't know how it passed so many levels of scrutiny. Maybe UBH can confirm how often has a team not incorporated any their colours at all in the away strip. Before any smart arse gets involved, white doesn't count.

Womens-Kit-Promo-TW-scaled_790x500_acf_c

3 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Erm, the one on the fishal website modelled by the women's team. Is that just for them for to be extended to all squads? If so, I don't know how it passed so many levels of scrutiny. Maybe UBH can confirm how often has a team not incorporated any their colours at all in the away strip. Before any smart arse gets involved, white doesn't count.

Womens-Kit-Promo-TW-scaled_790x500_acf_c

That strip is truly honking, I know UBH is proud of the mfc script and the work put into it rightly so, but in my untrained opinion it looks naff, the club crest/badge looks a lot better.

Replace the black with claret and the blue with Amber, and a club badge and that would be a tidy strip.

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Replace the black with claret and the blue with Amber, and a club badge and that would be a tidy strip.

Is it black?

I looked at it on the laptop earlier and thought it was a dark navy blue, but it is certainly bordering on black on the phone.

But aye, not a fan either.

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Didn’t we have a black strip with no claret and Amber? Maybe not. Wasn’t our original color blue? 

Yeah, black with a bit of white, only claret & amber was the crest. Wore it when we got 2nd place at Pittodrie. Still a shit strip though.

I thought petrol blue was our original colour, but I'm only going by the couple of times they used it recently, others will know more about that.

I’m a big fan of incorporating claret & amber into every kit where possible. However, it’s a charity shirt designed by the team and I don’t think we should look too deeply into the shades used. The blue tone we originally wore way back was a bog standard navy and a mid blue. The petrol blue shade we adopted  is a modern interpretation based on nothing more than an image from cigarette card illustration. The colour dyes used at the time were pretty basic and bespoke  colours weren’t that prevalent. 

• Like 2

If you want to raise money for charity through sales, the first and last criteria is to come up with something people will buy. Probably gonnae be too un-Motherwell for a lot of fans and too unremarkable for most non-fans. I don't get who they were aiming at here. 

5 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

If you want to raise money for charity through sales, the first and last criteria is to come up with something people will buy. Probably gonnae be too un-Motherwell for a lot of fans and too unremarkable for most non-fans. I don't get who they were aiming at here. 

Plenty of folk over on FB already wanting to know how to buy one.

10 minutes ago, santheman said:

Plenty of folk over on FB already wanting to know how to buy one.

Mibbe about a dozen? No sure what the Brazilian guy's after.

I really hope they sell plenty, but I still think something with a wee bit of our colours would shift more shirts - or something so wild it would get noticed elsewhere. I imagine they're limited in what Macron will actually produce, and mibbe there's a very personal reason for choosing those colours. Best of luck to them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

I’m on kit collector groups and there has been a positive reaction to it and that will likely generate sales from non Motherwell fans. Sometimes you need to see the wider picture. 

• Like 1

I don't know what the potential sales are from kit collectors over 20,000 attendees and people who have an affiliation to Motherwell that if you put a hint of something C&A on it would get a bite. You'd also sell some to the kit collectors if done right too.

A discussion was probably had about the lack of anything associated with the club bar the monogram and the decision was to push ahead regardless.

Dundee's lawyers must have already been on the blower.