Retain or Release - Defenders

Andy_P

Retain or Release  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Bevis Mugabi

2. 2. Declan Gallagher

3. 3. Stephen O'Donnell

5 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

looks like majority of fans will be happy with this one. Can't say Im that enthralled , not a starting 11 player for me but good luck to him. 

Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

GA thinks he'll improve further and seems to be a good guy round the dressing room so that'll do for me.

5 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

looks like majority of fans will be happy with this one. Can't say Im that enthralled , not a starting 11 player for me but good luck to him. 

Certainly a tad underwhelming, but has shown glimmers of improvement under GA so maybe with a full pre-season, who knows. Possibly another sign that we shouldn't expect to see Charles Dunne back, either.

I think Bevis can do a job for us at our level and he is still young enough to improve and develop with gametime. Given that it looks.like we will be replacing a lot of players for next season, getting some core business done early is sensible.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

75k UEFA appearance money right in the sky rocket

Assuming he doesn't end up out for a year with a training ground injury.....

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm 50/50 about this news. Stephen O'Donnell has been ok at best but prone to making errors. To be fair he's needed more midfield cover in front of him.

That's my thoughts too,he's been decent enough but hes definitely had more than his share of errors this season,saturdays game being a casing point.i think he's a good enough player at our level and to be fair we don't have many players that would get pass marks for this season so o'donnell isn't alone in having a fairly poor season,hopefully with the changes that will be coming over the summer we see more from o'donnell next season.

Fantastic news. 

Like others mentioned can't see how we could expect to sign anyone better.

Personal view changing formation would see a significant difference in SOD.   Being able to get forward/being paired with a right sided midfielder will make a difference.

Being the only person to cover the right hand side of the pitch (other than a rotating forward) is something we should solve.

Delighted with this signing.

• Like 1

Fair play, that's a really good signing. We all know we've not seen O'Donnell at his best for us but you can say the same for just about every player in the last 16 months. Looking forward to seeing his performances in an Alexander styled team.

Well, as has been said before me I didn’t see that one coming, never thought we would be able to hold on to SOD and a bit of a feather in GA’s cap as SOD would definitely had others with bigger budgets like Hibs, Sheep, Hearts sniffing about him but I’m pleased we have retained him and on a 2 year deal,

His inconsistency for us but so positive when in a Scotland top shows what he can do and we have to be pleased and positive to keep that type of talent on our budget and hopefully  GA can get the best out of him in the coming season and I’m sure GA will want to build his defence around him as Dec will be gone as fast as he can clear Lanarkshire as soon as the seasons over.

I can now only hope that GA has a few more rabbits in his magic hat that he can use to  sign Liam Kelly, a centre half, a left back, a couple of midfielders and resigning Cole!

Good signing Well, what’s/who’s next?