Andy_P

Retain or Release  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Jamie Semple

2. 2. Dean Cornelius

3. 3. Sam Foley

• Andy_P unlocked this topic
48 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Young Dean Cornelius deserves to be retained and given his chance at the appropriate time. He's a hard worker and been waiting on his opporunity.

Does Dean want to be retained though? How long does he wait?

At his age he needs to be playing games and this has been a year of complete inactivity for him...in our squad he is probably in the unique position of being unable to get into our team and also from being unable to get out on loan.

18 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Does Dean want to be retained though? How long does he wait?

At his age he needs to be playing games and this has been a year of complete inactivity for him...in our squad he is probably in the unique position of being unable to get into our team and also from being unable to get out on loan.

why can't we ship him out on loan? i'd say we have enough options in the middle?

Cornelius would certainly benefit from being out on loan. It may also benefit the team for next season as Campbell will likely be away and there could be a clear out of a few others. It would be crazy to sign someone else without giving whats under our nose a proper chance. Ive no idea whether the boy will be good enough as we have barely seen him. But a run of gamrs between now and the end of the season at a lower league club might give us an idea.

Surprised Jamie Semple is only 19.  

It's difficult to make a judgement on Semple and Cornelius as we've seen so little of them.  Sure you could keep both on youth terms for another season if you wanted to but you'd really be looking for them to make a break through next season. 

Foley - not sure why we signed him in the first place.  

3 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

why can't we ship him out on loan? i'd say we have enough options in the middle?

It’s the balance of options in the middle rather than enough. Foley now back in training, a loan opportunity now unlikely. Plenty of willing takers, rightly or wrongly - have to trust the club have seen his development best served around the first team environment.

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

It’s the balance of options in the middle rather than enough. Foley now back in training, a loan opportunity now unlikely. Plenty of willing takers, rightly or wrongly - have to trust the club have seen his development best served around the first team environment.

Fair point, after posting I was going through the 'enough options' in my head and only really came up with Polworth in CM, and without knowing too much positionally about Cornelius he looks more of a tenacious battling midfielder, as opposed to a creator, would that be correct? 

with the Scottish cup coming up, we might get a chance to see him along with the likes of Semple and Devine and the sooner we can secure safety in the league Alexander might take a look to see whether or not it's worth keeping them around going into next season?

Don’t think you’re too far away.

I’d be interested to see how the management view development moving forward. Well aware of current predicament & the need for balance - surprised if Semple and the likes were to get game time. Think the kid has regressed. I’d suggest he’s way down the pecking order. Time will tell.