Stand together

SteelmaninOZ

Ah here we go,  "Stand Together", another meaningless bandwagon phrase to make it look like we care about racism. Loada shite.

So we have "Take the Knee", "Black Lives Matter", "Stand Together", "Kick it Out" , "No room for Racism", "Give racism the red card", when the authorities actually running the game cant be arsed to work together to produce a coherent anti racism campaign what real hope is there?  And thats before we even mention the Bigotry that is allowed to run free in Scottish Football in particular

We need education (kids arent born racist, its learned behaviour) We MUST have a combined and coherent anti racism message both in Football & Society as a whole, no more bandwagons, and there must be a Zero Tolerance attitude. Until that happens, everything else is just pish & wind

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Shaka said:

Ah here we go,  "Stand Together", another meaningless bandwagon phrase to make it look like we care about racism. Loada shite.

So we have "Take the Knee", "Black Lives Matter", "Stand Together", "Kick it Out" , "No room for Racism", "Give racism the red card", when the authorities actually running the game cant be arsed to work together to produce a coherent anti racism campaign what real hope is there?  And thats before we even mention the Bigotry that is allowed to run free in Scottish Football in particular

We need education (kids arent born racist, its learned behaviour) We MUST have a combined and coherent anti racism message both in Football & Society as a whole, no more bandwagons, and there must be a Zero Tolerance attitude. Until that happens, everything else is just pish & wind

Well said Shaka

2 hours ago, Shaka said:

Sounds like you agree with exactly what the guys were saying in the video.

Agree it’s a problem that society needs to address but at the same time if the governing football bodies are serious about stamping it out within the game then they need to have some severe consequences to punish offending clubs and that goes for religious crap as well. Football is not responsible for educating society on this but  it can try to eradicate from the game and lead by example that it is not acceptable. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Shaka said:

The entire point of the video is that the four players don't want anymore meaningless phrases or empty gestures. 

Credit to the four of them for being so honest and being able to expose and examine very difficult issues. If they want to move the issue forward it would be good to see players from different clubs come together and set out some ideas to improve the situation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

It would be good to see players from different clubs come together and set out some ideas to improve the situation.

Totally agree...all 12 clubs involved...we are not that a massive a league that it should be impossible to make that happen.

The media attention it would gather would be phenomenal.

Although it would also be a massive oxymoron, given the two biggest clubs in the country appear to draw the line at racism, but appear to be phappy to let the bigotry and sectarianism run amok in each of their respective fan bases?!

Hmmm...maybe needs a rethink...

• Like 1

Probably not the best location for my comments but didn’t want to start a new. Post, but it was nice to see that the old seating from the East stand are being installed at my local junior side Armadale Thistle, haven’t lived in Armadale for a lot of years but still follow their results, but I just thought that it’s a nice gesture by Motherwell to give them to the Dale.

• Haha 1

Probably not the best location for my comments but didn’t want to start a new. Post, but it was nice to see that the old seating from the East stand are being installed at my local junior side Armadale Thistle, haven’t lived in Armadale for a lot of years but still follow their results, but I just thought that it’s a nice gesture by Motherwell to give them to the Dale.

Probably not. But I can see why you think the connection may be tenable given the thread title. Seats were split between them and Bathgate I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 6:10 PM, texanwellfan said:

Agree it’s a problem that society needs to address but at the same time if the governing football bodies are serious about stamping it out within the game then they need to have some severe consequences to punish offending clubs and that goes for religious crap as well. Football is not responsible for educating society on this but  it can try to eradicate from the game and lead by example that it is not acceptable. 

Massive opportunity missed this week with what amounts to a 6 week ban. Poor from UEFA.

29 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Just think it must've been a very difficult thing to actually prove 

Don't know what evidence was used to find him guilty, but Slavia aren't keen on fighting it now he only got a 10 game ban. Apologised for the distress caused to Kamara and say they want to work with anti racism groups in order to learn from the incident and stop it happening at the club in the future. As denials go, pish poor. Like the punishment.

21 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Just think it must've been a very difficult thing to actually prove 

Maybe, but they were satisfied with Kamara's account and not Kudela's. I doubt they operate some sliding scale of punishment based on the probability of the offence having happened. Uefa are satisfied it happened yet only banned the guy for 6 weeks. That's poor.