Make over of Fir Park continues

SteelmaninOZ

I see someone enquired about safe standing in the twitter replies - Alan Burrows has replied saying it's not possible to install safe standing in the Hunter due to the narrow rows however they are looking at installing it elsewhere in the stadium. 

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

From the Morton game it looks like 7 banks of claret seats, no variation or anything into the seating due to seat colour changes. Don't know why unless amber seats cost double

The middle section has Amber seating to match the look of the Cooper and South Stand. I'm sure the Amber section was partially done versus Morton. 

2 hours ago, CoF said:

Yeah, quite liked the MFC. 

At least we didn't go the opposite way and do something completely shite like Aberdeens new makeover. Those fan silhouettes look awful. 

Even alternate the claret and amber like the scarfs that almost everyone owns. I guess there is a valid reason for it. Flow is brand aware and we have an adept graphic design team so capability is there. I'm sure there must be more to why its just blocked as it is.

The "MFC" seemed to be legible.

So many options:

Copying the original or new club tartan for one, a grid lends itself to that

Introducing white banding so the clubs colours are reflected (similar to 2011 Cup Final tifo)

TH-E -ST-EE-LM-EN divides into 7 sections perfectly

Alternating bands of colours

Copying elements of the badge and blowing them up, i.e. Ravenscraig shown over 2 blocks, the white ball, the trio of tree's, "EST 1886"

Horizontal Stripes

Majority amber with claret band 3/4 way up like the strip

Sponsorship opportunities

33 minutes ago, Ballso said:

The low gradient of the stand may make it difficult to have a readable wording on the amber section. Although I do agree with your point on alternating the colours, that puts it out of line with the Cooper and South stands

Out of line.. that's the unique charm of Fir Park we have 4 stands and everyone of them is different,so debating the colour arrangements of the seats in each one seems a bit pointless ,

8 hours ago, CoF said:

Yeah, quite liked the MFC. 

At least we didn't go the opposite way and do something completely shite like Aberdeens new makeover. Those fan silhouettes look awful. 

I don't think Aberdeen updated their seats, for whatever reason they have put white covers over seats to create those silhouettes. 

I like how we have made everything more uniform but the Amber section not being aligned to the halfway line bothers me more than it should lol. 

7 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Even alternate the claret and amber like the scarfs that almost everyone owns. I guess there is a valid reason for it. Flow is brand aware and we have an adept graphic design team so capability is there. I'm sure there must be more to why its just blocked as it is.

I think in one of Flow's earlier tweets, it might have been in response to someone I cannae quite mind, he said it was going to replicate the designs in the Cooper and South Stand to bring a degree a uniformity so I fully expected the single block of amber seats. I did kind of imagine it having one of those fir tree designs in the middle of it mind you. Looks a little odd.