Make over of Fir Park continues

SteelmaninOZ

7 hours ago, milo said:

Is Turnbull worthy of an inclusion in the player collage? 

A question probably echoed by your mum every festive period ..... "Is he worthy of inclusion for Christmas Dinner?"

Is it the fact he was here since he was 12 bit or the season and a bit he played in the first team not being enough you have issue with?

A portion of Patrick Finbar O'Flaharty's season ticket paid for the South 30 years ago and if you sit in the Hunter, you'll probably be sitting on another chunk of it come August.

Stand looking great. Like a few on here I think the amber bit is a tad out of place. I think it would look far more uniform just all claret. 

I get we rely alot on advertising revenue, but if that rancid cash convertors signage on the roof was removed, the club name and crest in the centre of the stand would look great. Mind you their sponsorship has been over for a while now so Id imagine another firm will take up the advertising space soon enough.

Only other thing I'd hope for is those LED advertisments trackside. Those look pretty cool when they go all the way round the park. 

I assume the Phil O'Donnell is next? Will be interesting to see if they can fit new seats in there given how tight the steps are.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

I hate the LED advertising.

(Aren't some of them virtual anyway? And it's the TV companies that add them electronically to the stream).

Yeah, I don't know how widespread or expensive it is over LED however. It was developed from French Mirage jets head up displays (HUD's) that lock onto threats and targets despite divergence. So as the camera pans and follows the ball/action, the predefined space for advertising is locked and the image is distorted to reflect perspective and range of the viewer, all very clever stuff.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Yeah, I don't know how widespread or expensive it is over LED however. It was developed from French Mirage jets head up displays (HUD's) that lock onto threats and targets despite divergence. So as the camera pans and follows the ball/action, the predefined space for advertising is locked and the image is distorted to reflect perspective and range of the viewer, all very clever stuff.

Personally I find them very distracting, especially being down at the pitch side as they tend to make me take my eyes off the game and focus on the advert.

I'm still getting used to the new scoreboard anyways.

16 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

A question probably echoed by your mum every festive period ..... "Is he worthy of inclusion for Christmas Dinner?"

Is it the fact he was here since he was 12 bit or the season and a bit he played in the first team not being enough you have issue with?

A portion of Patrick Finbar O'Flaharty's season ticket paid for the South 30 years ago and if you sit in the Hunter, you'll probably be sitting on another chunk of it come August.

Imagine getting personal over a simple question... I didn’t say I had a problem with it, it was merely a question.

Sheesh.....

21 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

The LED’s are not viable as we don’t generate enough in ad revenue to justify the cost and secondly the depth of the wall to pitch along the Hunter is too shallow to accommodate any. 

Correct we can get away with them behind the goals but H&S means we cannot use then in front of the Hunter Stand and that’s where you would make most money from advertising 

On 4/28/2021 at 6:26 PM, StirlingDosser said:

Stand looking great. Like a few on here I think the amber bit is a tad out of place. I think it would look far more uniform just all claret. 

I get we rely alot on advertising revenue, but if that rancid cash convertors signage on the roof was removed, the club name and crest in the centre of the stand would look great. Mind you their sponsorship has been over for a while now so Id imagine another firm will take up the advertising space soon enough.

Only other thing I'd hope for is those LED advertisments trackside. Those look pretty cool when they go all the way round the park. 

I assume the Phil O'Donnell is next? Will be interesting to see if they can fit new seats in there given how tight the steps are.

I dont think new seats are going into the Phil O'Donnel stand. Im sure I heard Burrows say its just the re painting.

18 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I don't think it would ever look great with that hideous advertising hoarding along the roof.  Always think it looks cheap n nasty. Cant deny the fabric of the inside is now far better but that roof is a shocker,.

I've thought that for years , don't know how long cash converters paid for the advert, but it needs to go, along with the other adverts along the front, not a good look at all.

8 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I've thought that for years , don't know how long cash converters paid for the advert, but it needs to go, along with the other adverts along the front, not a good look at all.

Maybe they could put the led advertising screen up there. :meeting:

3 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I don't think it would ever look great with that hideous advertising hoarding along the roof.  Always think it looks cheap n nasty. Cant deny the fabric of the inside is now far better but that roof is a shocker,.

This.

I understand that the advertising generates revenue for the club, but if there is an uglier way to display it, I don't know what that would be.

19 minutes ago, weeyin said:

This.

I understand that the advertising generates revenue for the club, but if there is an uglier way to display it, I don't know what that would 

I actually thought the place looked good when the South and the Davie Cooper were advert free on the roofs. But still revenue is revenue.

Could be worse. Falkirk and St Mirren paint adverts on thr stairs

The cash converters sign is an absolute eye sore,I wasn't sure at first the way the coloring of the new seats were done but seeing it yesterday,i really like it,the panels at the end with the ex players really adds something too.i can't wait to get in there and see it in person :D.

1 hour ago, StirlingDosser said:

I actually thought the place looked good when the South and the Davie Cooper were advert free on the roofs. But still revenue is revenue.

Yeah I remember when the South, Cooper and the Phil O'Donnell stand were all uniform in the design for a period and actually looked quite nice. I'm actually sure that the front of the roof on the John Hunter stand is propped up for the purpose of advertising, take that away and we'll have the 90's still dip on the roof.

How far back do we need to go before that roof didn't have anything on it? When I first started going it was various health slogans before the renovation began.