Make over of Fir Park continues

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, Kat said:

Yeah I remember when the South, Cooper and the Phil O'Donnell stand were all uniform in the design for a period and actually looked quite nice. I'm actually sure that the front of the roof on the John Hunter stand is propped up for the purpose of advertising, take that away and we'll have the 90's still dip on the roof.

How far back do we need to go before that roof didn't have anything on it? When I first started going it was various health slogans before the renovation began.

I first saw the roof advertising at old Douglas Park and thought "thank fuck we don't do that its tacky as fuck".  2 seasons later we started hanging advertising from from edge of the corrugated roof. Then when the new stands were built the advertising monstrosity was added to try and give each stand a uniform look, it failed miserably.

Place just had a much cleaner look without it! Hopefully we can get back to it. As I said earlier, I think a club crest or some club branding on ad-free roofs would smarten the place up but hey, who knows how long the current advertising deals have to run. Cash Convertors may even have ran out and it costs more to take it down than leave it up, after all they haven't been the club sponsor for quite a few years now. 

(Can only take credit for the second photo here, no idea where I got the first one)

daviecooperstand.jpg

Firpark.jpg

2 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

It runs out this summer ......

I remember Alan Burrows saying to a fan on Twitter recently that the "Keep Cigarettes Away From The Match" actually still remains underneath the Cash Converters sign. I wonder if that will make a brief reappearance if they don't renew the deal or if it will just remain as is until someone else decides they want the space.

I wonder if the club will ever go down the route of taking up a sponsor and renaming the stadium every few years as more and more clubs do that in Scotland. We were the first to be offer around 2008ish I think with Real Radio which John Boyle swiftly nipped in the bud. 

14 hours ago, numpty said:

No chance the club are giving up prime telly advertising space for that, though.

I'm sure they're still valuable advertising space, but Im not sure it's 'prime' space for TV. The actual coverage for TV is poor - those areas barely feature in the actual match, even touchline cameras don't tend to be wide enough to take any of it in. At best, there will be a brief glimpse in the build up to a live game. 

6 hours ago, CoF said:

I'm sure they're still valuable advertising space, but Im not sure it's 'prime' space for TV. The actual coverage for TV is poor - those areas barely feature in the actual match, even touchline cameras don't tend to be wide enough to take any of it in. At best, there will be a brief glimpse in the build up to a live game. 

The stand roof was featured quite a lot on TV when Karl Ready played with us :D

On 4/29/2021 at 9:45 AM, santheman said:

Personally I find them very distracting, especially being down at the pitch side as they tend to make me take my eyes off the game and focus on the advert.

I'm still getting used to the new scoreboard anyways.

Me too.  I absolutely hate them.

Must be even worse for the players.

• 2 weeks later...

I seen the club advertising the premium roof advertising space around the stadium on LinkedIn so there goes the slim hopes of a nice ad free roof again lol. 

Looking forward to seeing the changes around the place when we finally get to return. 

• 3 months later...

I don't know if the club were planning to sell land or if its linked to the club itself, but I see plans have been submitted for a 45metre 5g tower which will be ensconced just behind the South Stand near the old Fir Park Primary School. From the plans it looks to be on the land of Fir Park. The height surpasses the stand by quite a large margin. 

8 minutes ago, Kat said:

I don't know if the club were planning to sell land or if its linked to the club itself, but I see plans have been submitted for a 45metre 5g tower which will be ensconced just behind the South Stand near the old Fir Park Primary School.

That will be to mind-control the fully vaccinated fans.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kat said:

I don't know if the club were planning to sell land or if its linked to the club itself, but I see plans have been submitted for a 45metre 5g tower which will be ensconced just behind the South Stand near the old Fir Park Primary School. From the plans it looks to be on the land of Fir Park. The height surpasses the stand by quite a large margin. 

Excellent might get a decent mobile signal in the ground for a change.

• Like 1