Season 2020’21: Game 34: St Mirren (H)

Andy_P

Hopefully we realise that a win here will go a long way towards the arithmetic safety we all crave. A loss here and we suddenly face a dodgy trip to Hamilton where a further defeat coukd see us right back in the mire.

Knowing us, the best we will achieve is a point, just to keep us dangling over the edge for a few more weeks.

46 minutes ago, milo said:

It would be great if we could put any relegation/play off fears to bed this weekend. 

We rarely do it the easy way though do we?

Never have and probably never will.

Would be quite happy to draw our way to safety

• Like 1

Astounded at the lack of posts on this thread. For me, this game is huge. Lose today and the pressure is back on us. Seven points gap to the playoff spot isn't huge with five games to go. Massive question as to how we'll line up. How fit is Tony Watt? Was the choice to play McGinlay last week to give Carroll a rest ahead of this game or has Alexander seen something to make him want to change it?  Can't see us starting two wingers and two strikers as we did last week so who drops out? 

I'd rip your arm off for a scrappy 1-0 win today...

2 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Astounded at the lack of posts on this thread. For me, this game is huge. Lose today and the pressure is back on us. Seven points gap to the playoff spot isn't huge with five games to go. Massive question as to how we'll line up. How fit is Tony Watt? Was the choice to play McGinlay last week to give Carroll a rest ahead of this game or has Alexander seen something to make him want to change it?  Can't see us starting two wingers and two strikers as we did last week so who drops out? 

I'd rip your arm off for a scrappy 1-0 win today...

Personally I think we are already as good as safe, maybe a few others feel the same way  which has led to the few posts on the thread. We would need to totally collapse and the bottom two gain a run of results neither  have been capable of all season. I think both Hamilton and Kilmarnock have won 1 out of the last 13 games.

Todays team, good to see Dunne back.

Kelly, O'Donnell, Gallagher, Lamie, McGinley, Crawford, Campbell, Lawless, Roberts, Cole, Long.

Subs: Chapman, Dunne, Mugabi, Carroll, Cornelius, Foley, Maguire, O'Hara, Hastie.

21 minutes ago, Kat said:

Todays team, good to see Dunne back.

Kelly, O'Donnell, Gallagher, Lamie, McGinley, Crawford, Campbell, Lawless, Roberts, Cole, Long.

Subs: Chapman, Dunne, Mugabi, Carroll, Cornelius, Foley, Maguire, O'Hara, Hastie.

Wow Dunne back, thought he may be finished.

2 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Lose today and the pressure is back on us.

Nah.  It's been about 5 years since 35 points ended up in the play-off spot and I'm sure we'll end up with more points than that.

I predicted a few weeks ago that we'd finish comfortably above the relegation/play-off spots and even a loss today wouldn't change my mind on that. Even with our slightly erratic form I'd be surprised if we don't pick up 6 or 7 points before the end of the season. Which will be plenty.

Having said all that, I really want to finish 7th, above St Mirren, (and hopefully see at least one plastic pitch drop out the league).

2 - 0 to the good guys.

24 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

How long is Watt out for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was getting assessed before the match to see if he was fit to play, so I'm assuming he'll be back for the next game seeing he just missed out today.