Season 2020’21: Game 34: St Mirren (H)

Andy_P

32 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

We've undoubtedly had a poor season, they think they've had a good one, yet they're only 2 points ahead of us. 

That's absolutely bang on, by the way.

We've been utterly dug shite all season, while any St. Mirren fan you hear or read go on as of they're spraying the ball about like they're fuckin' Bayern Munich. 

Yet only 2 points separate us.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Got to disagree about St Mirren. Goodwin has them running about a lot, to no great effect. Falling about a lot has a greater effect. We've undoubtedly had a poor season, they think they've had a good one, yet they're only 2 points ahead of us. 

Agree with that,I said similar on here a couple of weeks ago that st mirren fans and the media have made them out to be this great side and that goodwin is the new guardiola but yet we have every chance of finishing above them,I love beating that lot as they have always had ideas above there station.

16 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

That's absolutely bang on, by the way.

We've been utterly dug shite all season, while any St. Mirren fan you hear or read go on as of they're spraying the ball about like they're fuckin' Bayern Munich. 

Yet only 2 points separate us.

Everything is relative!

But St. Mirren are joint second worst goalscorers in the league, which I guess is what happens if you sign Lee Erwin.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

David Currie......Chick Young......Stephen Thompson....Tony Fitzpatrick....can you hear me?.........your boys took a helluva beating!!

Since Partick's departure from our top league, St Mirren have replaced them as media darlings. Maybe their proximity to the HQs of the BBC and STV has something to do with it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Since Partick's departure from our top league, St Mirren have replaced them as media darlings. Maybe their proximity to the HQs of the BBC and STV has something to do with it.

People say I am not funny (seriously they do) but Currie has to be the most cringeworthy presenter of them all

40 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Hope Jordan Roberts is OK... didn’t look good

I was surprised we let him play on after his initial injury when he clashed with the keeper.  I know he's been an important player in recent weeks, but I'd have hooked him at that stage as a precaution.

11 hours ago, weeyin said:

I was surprised we let him play on after his initial injury when he clashed with the keeper.  I know he's been an important player in recent weeks, but I'd have hooked him at that stage as a precaution.

Don’t think the initial injury played any part on him going off. The St Mirren player landed with all his weight on the back of his Achilles … a total accident but could have severe consequences for Roberts.

Fear the worst for him as he looked in a lot of pain. If it’s a snapped Achilles he’ll be out for a long time. Fingers crossed

18 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Don’t think the initial injury played any part on him going off. The St Mirren player landed with all his weight on the back of his Achilles … a total accident but could have severe consequences for Roberts.

Fear the worst for him as he looked in a lot of pain. If it’s a snapped Achilles he’ll be out for a long time. Fingers crossed

If that’s the case he won’t be playing another game for us.

2 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

If that’s the case he won’t be playing another game for us.

If it is a long term injury knowing us we will offer him a 2 year deal...

In all seriousness hopefully it will not keep him out for too long. 

One wonders whether Hearts would have retained him for next season based on his form for us. An injury which maybe keeps him out for early part of next season may work in our favour if we harboured ambitions to have him at Fir Park next season. 

So, it turns out that St Mirren's penalty last Saturday was a dive. Will Jim Goodwin now take action against the culprit, given his previous comments. The issue of Crawford's armball is another matter. They've plainly been at it. Don't expect the media to publicise it.

16 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

So, it turns out that St Mirren's penalty last Saturday was a dive. Will Jim Goodwin now take action against the culprit, given his previous comments. The issue of Crawford's armball is another matter. They've plainly been at it. Don't expect the media to publicise it.

Hope someone has emailed a copy of the video to the Compliance Officer (if it's not too late that is).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Hope someone has emailed a copy of the video to the Compliance Officer (if it's not too late that is).

Given the way they dealt with the Covid breach, the SFA would probably end up awarding St Mirren a 1 - 0 win for Crawford's handball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1