Jump to content

Andy_P

Season 2020’21: Game 34: St Mirren (H)

Recommended Posts

Just now, C&A not the shop said:

If Accies win 4 then County and Killie only have 3 games remaining and they both can't win 3 games.

Who did County and Killie play today?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Yeah, I've edited my previous post to admit that I'm a daftie 

I did the exact same as you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course, it so unlikely, you might want to stick a tenner on that sequence of events so that if we did finish bottom, you could retire to a small island with your winnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

We've undoubtedly had a poor season, they think they've had a good one, yet they're only 2 points ahead of us. 

That's absolutely bang on, by the way.

We've been utterly dug shite all season, while any St. Mirren fan you hear or read go on as of they're spraying the ball about like they're fuckin' Bayern Munich. 

Yet only 2 points separate us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Got to disagree about St Mirren. Goodwin has them running about a lot, to no great effect. Falling about a lot has a greater effect. We've undoubtedly had a poor season, they think they've had a good one, yet they're only 2 points ahead of us. 

Agree with that,I said similar on here a couple of weeks ago that st mirren fans and the media have made them out to be this great side and that goodwin is the new guardiola but yet we have every chance of finishing above them,I love beating that lot as they have always had ideas above there station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

That's absolutely bang on, by the way.

We've been utterly dug shite all season, while any St. Mirren fan you hear or read go on as of they're spraying the ball about like they're fuckin' Bayern Munich. 

Yet only 2 points separate us.

Everything is relative!

But St. Mirren are joint second worst goalscorers in the league, which I guess is what happens if you sign Lee Erwin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Everything is relative!

But St. Mirren are joint second worst goalscorers in the league, which I guess is what happens if you sign Lee Erwin.

Oooh, they bloody hate him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David Currie......Chick Young......Stephen Thompson....Tony Fitzpatrick....can you hear me?.........your boys took a helluva beating!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Hope Jordan Roberts is OK... didn’t look good

Ye very concerning,   he has been a great signing for us,  wouldn't mind him on a permanent deal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

David Currie......Chick Young......Stephen Thompson....Tony Fitzpatrick....can you hear me?.........your boys took a helluva beating!!

Since Partick's departure from our top league, St Mirren have replaced them as media darlings. Maybe their proximity to the HQs of the BBC and STV has something to do with it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Since Partick's departure from our top league, St Mirren have replaced them as media darlings. Maybe their proximity to the HQs of the BBC and STV has something to do with it.

People say I am not funny (seriously they do) but Currie has to be the most cringeworthy presenter of them all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Hope Jordan Roberts is OK... didn’t look good

I was surprised we let him play on after his initial injury when he clashed with the keeper.  I know he's been an important player in recent weeks, but I'd have hooked him at that stage as a precaution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, weeyin said:

I was surprised we let him play on after his initial injury when he clashed with the keeper.  I know he's been an important player in recent weeks, but I'd have hooked him at that stage as a precaution.

Don’t think the initial injury played any part on him going off. The St Mirren player landed with all his weight on the back of his Achilles … a total accident but could have severe consequences for Roberts.

Fear the worst for him as he looked in a lot of pain. If it’s a snapped Achilles he’ll be out for a long time. Fingers crossed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Don’t think the initial injury played any part on him going off. The St Mirren player landed with all his weight on the back of his Achilles … a total accident but could have severe consequences for Roberts.

Fear the worst for him as he looked in a lot of pain. If it’s a snapped Achilles he’ll be out for a long time. Fingers crossed

If that’s the case he won’t be playing another game for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

If that’s the case he won’t be playing another game for us.

If it is a long term injury knowing us we will offer him a 2 year deal...

In all seriousness hopefully it will not keep him out for too long. 

One wonders whether Hearts would have retained him for next season based on his form for us. An injury which maybe keeps him out for early part of next season may work in our favour if we harboured ambitions to have him at Fir Park next season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, it turns out that St Mirren's penalty last Saturday was a dive. Will Jim Goodwin now take action against the culprit, given his previous comments. The issue of Crawford's armball is another matter. They've plainly been at it. Don't expect the media to publicise it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

So, it turns out that St Mirren's penalty last Saturday was a dive. Will Jim Goodwin now take action against the culprit, given his previous comments. The issue of Crawford's armball is another matter. They've plainly been at it. Don't expect the media to publicise it.

Hope someone has emailed a copy of the video to the Compliance Officer (if it's not too late that is).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, santheman said:

Hope someone has emailed a copy of the video to the Compliance Officer (if it's not too late that is).

Given the way they dealt with the Covid breach, the SFA would probably end up awarding St Mirren a 1 - 0 win for Crawford's handball.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×