2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

On 4/26/2021 at 9:24 PM, joewarkfanclub said:

McGinley has proved in the last few games that he can be a solid left back for us. He is better defensively than Carroll and when allowed to push up by the manager as he was in the latter stages v Hibs he has shown he can be effective going forward as well. Having struggled at left back for so long, I would have no issues going into next season with McGinley and Carroll as our left back options.

Me neither, McGinley was judged far too early, a common practice. I feel he may end up as the first choice left back and should improve given time.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, steelboy said:

6 years at 7 grand a week at Pittodrie. I think he will be quite happy with how his career panned out. 

Frankly he’s nowhere near good enough to command those type of figures. I would take Aldred over Gallagher.

56 minutes ago, steelboy said:

6 years at 7 grand a week at Pittodrie. I think he will be quite happy with how his career panned out. 

Hard cash will certainly be an important factor. However as he is about 30 I'd reckon they'd offer him a 2/3 year deal at about £3/4K per week.

18 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Could he be in the running to be the next Motherwell Captain?

he's been more vocal/present on social media that Dec that's for sure. 

From current team Kelly, S'OD and Watt would all be contenders for captain. 

Ideally we could bring an an midfield animal to captain us . 

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Hard cash will certainly be an important factor. However as he is about 30 I'd reckon they'd offer him a 2/3 year deal at about £3/4K per week.

I was talking about Reynolds' very lucrative time at Pittodrie.

We could offer Gallagher three grand a week, he'll be getting more than that wherever he ends up. 

1 hour ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

I would wager the agreement has been made and part of securing his signature. All this is the media team positioning him in the fans eyes for the role so it appears a natural progression.

I just don't see it on the park. Maybe I am old but I expect the team captain to be an overt leader on the park getting the guys motivated and kicking ass for those under performing a lot like hartley did. In all the games i have watched this season I have never seen him provide that leadership, if anything the goalkeeper has done more in that respect.

• Like 2

I'm not gonna dispute that, all I'm saying is this is being angled that way. No different to the extended video with all the academy boys playing keepy uppy under the South a couple of years ago, to remind the market of and help sell a particular player or the one made for Turnbull to leave on the best possible terms despite his final destination.

5 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

he's been more vocal/present on social media that Dec that's for sure. 

From current team Kelly, S'OD and Watt would all be contenders for captain. 

Ideally we could bring an an midfield animal to captain us . 

I thought Scott Brown was going to Aberdeen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well as far as I’ll say good riddance Dec.
The grass might not be greener playing with sheep, previous Well players thought the same..Curtis Main n look where that got him after 18mths, then again playing beside the cart horse that is McKenna will make him look good, wonder how Glass will react when Decs toys come out the pram like they did here?

It's always entertaining to read the comments on here when a good player leaves.

Gallagher's performances were good enough for an international call up, where he ended up being one of the top performers in the team that qualified for the Euros.

That's good for him, and elevates our status as a club who can help boost your career - helping sign a better quality of new players.

I'd be delighted if we managed to replace him with someone else that follows that trajectory.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, weeyin said:

If we're paying, they're playing.

i can see your point   but not for me   hes fecked us about enough in MY OPINION so feck him play somebody that wants to or is staying were not here to give euros game time to aberdeens or whoevers play for next year      look after our own is what i say 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, smiddy said:

i can see your point   but not for me   hes fecked us about enough in MY OPINION so feck him play somebody that wants to or is staying were not here to give euros game time to aberdeens or whoevers play for next year      look after our own is what i say 

Yip  best all round if he goes now he's not part of future so best he goes on holiday somewhere nice 

Happy to see Gallagher play in the remaining three games if the manager sees fit.  As weeyin says we pay his wages, his performances might help us move a place or two up the table and gain some extra prize money that could conceivably be used to recruit his replacement.

For me it's been a mutually beneficial deal for me over the piece albeit I won't shed too many tears when he moves on.

I'm sure it says more about my lack of knowledge than anything else but when he played his last game for Livingston in the 3-2 game at Fir Park having already agreed to join us I'll be honest I couldn't have picked him out of their team. So it was all the more impressive, in my mind at least, when he had such an excellent first season when the guy that Hearts signed, whom everyone was salivating over struggled to make anything like the same impact. He was deservedly many folks Player of the Year and his international recognition justified.

His second season hasn't quite hit the same heights as often for club as it perhaps did for country and whilst a few were impressed at his willingness to fight his corner on social media, I personally didn't find the look of him and his family getting embroiled in a spats online with supporters a particularly good look for the captain of our club.

For me we've done well out of him and he's done well out of us.  Our reputation for giving players a platform and helping them elevate themselves to where they aspire to be is further enhanced.

But one for those that don't want him involved in the remaining games because he's "not part of the future" what's the view on Allan Campbell? Is he to be binned too for the next three games  or is he fine until speculation over his next destination reaches the tabloids?

• Like 2

The additional money for finishing higher in the league may go some way towards replacing him, so I'd rather we played our best team for the last few games, and he's part of that. We're also still paying him.

The bosman rule has been around long enough that we should be able to handle players looking to secure their next job without taking it personally 

• Like 1

• David locked this topic