2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

10 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Happy to see Gallagher play in the remaining three games if the manager sees fit.  As weeyin says we pay his wages, his performances might help us move a place or two up the table and gain some extra prize money that could conceivably be used to recruit his replacement.

For me it's been a mutually beneficial deal for me over the piece albeit I won't shed too many tears when he moves on.

I'm sure it says more about my lack of knowledge than anything else but when he played his last game for Livingston in the 3-2 game at Fir Park having already agreed to join us I'll be honest I couldn't have picked him out of their team. So it was all the more impressive, in my mind at least, when he had such an excellent first season when the guy that Hearts signed, whom everyone was salivating over struggled to make anything like the same impact. He was deservedly many folks Player of the Year and his international recognition justified.

His second season hasn't quite hit the same heights as often for club as it perhaps did for country and whilst a few were impressed at his willingness to fight his corner on social media, I personally didn't find the look of him and his family getting embroiled in a spats online with supporters a particularly good look for the captain of our club.

For me we've done well out of him and he's done well out of us.  Our reputation for giving players a platform and helping them elevate themselves to where they aspire to be is further enhanced.

But one for those that don't want him involved in the remaining games because he's "not part of the future" what's the view on Allan Campbell? Is he to be binned too for the next three games  or is he fine until speculation over his next destination reaches the tabloids?

now your talkin keek bringing up alan campbell as part of the discussion     ffs weve had him boy n man  heez been a great servant to the club and deserves his move and more money  maybe you should have a wee look at yourself,   the 2 guys situations are completly chalk n cheese

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, smiddy said:

now your talkin keek bringing up alan campbell as part of the discussion     ffs weve had him boy n man  heez been a great servant to the club and deserves his move and more money  maybe you should have a wee look at yourself,   the 2 guys situations are completly chalk n cheese

This! 

7 minutes ago, smiddy said:

I  wouldn't suggest that Campbell was anything other than you say and doesn't fully deserve any move that comes his way but let's not pretend that you don't want Gallgher playing because he's not "the future", just say you're bitter and don't like that he wants to play with another team. 

Not really bothered about loosing Gallagher he hasn't been half as good for us this season than he was last the bizarre thing he gets Scotland call ups with he has been pretty below par.He was always going to leave us after the first season he had with us and Scotland caps sealed that fate.

Campbell nothing but best wishes from me and I hope he goes on to get loads of international caps and he comes back to us in years to come.

Looking forward to seeing some big shoes for us getting filled and just hope it's not as dire as last summer window.We need some big players me thinks.

1 hour ago, Motherwell Daft said:

Well as far as I’ll say good riddance Dec.
The grass might not be greener playing with sheep, previous Well players thought the same..Curtis Main n look where that got him after 18mths, then again playing beside the cart horse that is McKenna will make him look good, wonder how Glass will react when Decs toys come out the pram like they did here?

I think you'll find McKenna left Aberdeen a while ago, now plying his trade with Notts Forest. 

• Haha 1

Declan Gallagher had a very good first season but has been mediocre this term. I have no problem with him signing a PCA with another club and good luck to him. He has a right to move on for a final  good payday. However he hasn't acted like a captain off the field this season and that's what grates with many fans. Its perhaps significant that our media team has sidelind him in recent weeks.l  trust GA's judgement on this whatever he decides. 

• Like 1

Im in the don't give a toss about Gallagher leaving, because he came up with this "injury" at a very fortuitous time, that has allowed him to move on at the end of the season. If it had been any other way, good luck to him, I would have wished him all the best, but there was too much of what wasn't said about his position.

For any player moving on - good luck to them. Wish them all the best for the future and our thanks for 1-2-3-4-5 years of service dependant on who they are. 

In terms of remaining games we should play our best/hungriest players.

If there's any player that GA isn't sure on , fringe players (Hastie/Dunne etc ) be good to see them being given a run out for remainder of the season.

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

I  wouldn't suggest that Campbell was anything other than you say and doesn't fully deserve any move that comes his way but let's not pretend that you don't want Gallgher playing because he's not "the future", just say you're bitter and don't like that he wants to play with another team. 

ypur right, gallacher is not the future,  but i also dont like what shite surrounded him this past couple of months  so good luck to him he goes having been our captain but splitting the fans down the middle     as for we alan i for one will miss not giving him the send off he deserves in his last game :danced:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smiddy said:

ypur right, gallacher is not the future,  but i also dont like what shite surrounded him this past couple of months  so good luck to him he goes having been our captain but splitting the fans down the middle     as for we alan i for one will miss not giving him the send off he deserves in his last game :danced:

Echo your last sentiment entirely.  Covid has robbed us of the opportunity of saying our farewells to a few like Tait and Hartley and none more so than Allan Campbell.

The constant running commentary in the media about firstly Gallagher's contract and now possible future club talks to me reeks of desperation from him and his agent. Obviously the big money offers have not materialised as had hoped. 

He should have resigned as club captain. 

• Like 2

I'm not really fussed about what team we put out between now and the end of the season,i just want it over with now but I fully expect us to go with our strongest possible line up as 7th place and the extra money that comes with it is a real possibility.ive got used to seeing better players than gallagher leave us so I'm not bothered that he will be moving on,he's a good player on his day at our level but he's far from irreplaceable.

Be gutted if Wee Al leaves (and he probably will) and we don’t get to say goodbye :-( 

Hopefully were that to happen he can come back (assuming he is not in this league) and say goodbye to the crowd.  Whilst he has not had the best of seasons (who has) he always tries his best and keeps his head down. A real professional. 

As to Gallacher. Probably best there are no fans in the ground. I suspect there would be a few murmurings from the crowd.

Me. I think he has been a good signing. Excellent last year not so good this. The Captaincy seems to be a jinx. McHugh springs to mind. 

I am in the camp you play your strongest team to finish as high up the league and hopefully higher that St Midden.  I expect Alexander will do that and the Board and CEO would hope so too. An extra £150k is equivalent of a home game v Old firm. And one if not two players. 

That plus I know for a FACT that anyone who says just play the kids or fringe players or those that will be here next year would be the very same ones on here moaning if we lost the last 3 games of the season ! 

Not been impressed with Gallacher this season on or off the field, but if he is getting a decent move at this time in his career then fair play to him and hope he does OK.

I hope the Aberdeen contract is a longish one as I can't see Glass being in that job for long, he's my bet for first managerial casualty of next season.

56 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Not been impressed with Gallacher this season on or off the field, but if he is getting a decent move at this time in his career then fair play to him and hope he does OK.

I hope the Aberdeen contract is a longish one as I can't see Glass being in that job for long, he's my bet for first managerial casualty of next season.

Irrespective of if he has played well this season. He's by far our best defender when he is on the pitch. How many goals can you blame Gallagher for? Mugabi, Lamie, Magloire have all losts us goals that in no way Gallagher could have prevented. I think he's been alright in a crap squad.

He struggles to look good as does Campbell because of too many players that are not of standard.

As I said in a previous post people are blinkered in what they say because of the way he went about his business but how can anyone say he's not our best defender? Therefore he will be missed.

3 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

For any player moving on - good luck to them. Wish them all the best for the future and our thanks for 1-2-3-4-5 years of service dependant on who they are. 

In terms of remaining games we should play our best/hungriest players.

If there's any player that GA isn't sure on , fringe players (Hastie/Dunne etc ) be good to see them being given a run out for remainder of the season.

Hastie plays for Rangers. So um no.

6 hours ago, smiddy said:

Wheesht, when I read Andy's post I saw it as him not drawing equivalence on the player or their contribution, it highlighted how fans may have a rule of one and another based on their future in C&A and current popularity. It was consistency of viewpoint not marred in prejudice nor affection he was highlighting. If you can't see it objectively as that then you should follow your own advice.

As for Declan, covered it already. He has enhanced the squad in his time here. I wish him no ill will and that he gets the move he is blatantly desperate for and feels he deserves, I can't ask anything of a player I wouldn't want in my own career. I doubt I'll clap him upon his return but unlikely I will give him it tight him unless he acts the smart arse which is a 60-40 chance knowing how lippy he is. If Reynolds who left under good terms, for OK money, outside Scotland, being academy graduate and local lad gets boo'd returning for Aberdeen then I may be in the minority. His actions in January means he's now in the Tom Boyd camp rather than the Louis Moult one of ex-players.

I wish Campbell all the best, I hope his eventual move to being among better players allows him to flourish. He recently featured as 1 of 4 on a SPFL starlets youtube article (3m 40s). The guy has 420k subscribers so I guess some influential people down south may have been alerted if not already. He's watched all his contemporaries leave (Scott, Hastie and Turnbull) for massive wage increases while he shows up at FP with the milkman, put 150 games under his belt and has been by-and-large consistent. He has regressed a bit but tell me someone who hasn't other than Watt this term.

• Like 5

I think we were all expecting Gallacher to leave. He's done well over all in his time here and Aberdeen is probably a good move for him. As someone said if everyone we brought in did as well as Gallacher we would be in a good position.

We need to be looking for a new centre back to replace him but I think it will be one player in with either Mugabi or Lamie alongside and not a new CB pair. 

Midfield is where we will see the most changes as losing Campbell is a blow and if Alexander wants a 4 man midfield he's going to have to bring in a few players as o don't see who we have that can do that.  Hopefully Donnelly can come back and ne the player he showed signs becoming. 

Up top Looking at 3 players coming in assuming Cole, Long, Roberts and Hastie aren't here next year. 

So I think the big changes are from Midfield forward rather than at the back before next season.

Goalkeeper - it is unlikely Kelly will be here unless QPR agree to another loan.  We started this season with Carson and Fox with Morrison as backup or out on loan.  Would we start the new season with the same set up? 2 of them have had long term injuries and PJ continues to pick up experience in the leagues below.  I don’t think we can gamble on both Carson and Fox, so Fox has to go? So a new keeper? Is it time for Morrison?

52 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

According to Graham Alexander's  latest interview, he's looking to bring in players who can play 40/50 games a season. Make of that what you will.

As we won't be in Europe, he must be thinking about 2 cup finals with that team.

• David locked this topic