2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

5 hours ago, Andy_P said:

An observation rather than making any particular point but his pre-contract with Motherwell was public knowledge before the end of his last season at Livingston so this is not unchartered territory for Gallagher by any manner of means.

They have a transfer window. They should keep ALL transfer activity within the window. Let the damn teams finish the season. These pre contracts etc and early announcements are very unsettling. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

He had a hard time of it down there with injuries. We know he can score goals. I’d take a punt on him. 

Seems like a no brainer. 20 months without kicking a ball in anger, nobody in their right mind's going to offer him anything more than a pay as you play deal until he proves he's not finished, and he knows the fans love him. Wherever he goes, I hope he gets his career back on track.

3 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

They have a transfer window. They should keep ALL transfer activity within the window. Let the damn teams finish the season. These pre contracts etc and early announcements are very unsettling. 

the cynic in my thinks this is to take some pressure of Glass. He's had a pi55 poor start and they'll be keen to give the Don's fans any bit of good news.

It's poor form but pretty much aligned with all nonsense that's followed Gallagher since xmas.  His agent could well be behind this. 

10 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Louis Moult freed by Preston. He'll need to prove himself somewhere, if he can. Worth asking?

Aberdeen's big chance now. They could get him for nought. We'll see what Richard Gordon advises.

Anyone taking Moult on would be doing so as a roll of the dice. It works, great. But nobody, including Moult himself, can possibly know how much of his previous form he'll recapture, assuming he doesn't break down again. You couldn't base next season's forward line on his arrival or play a half fit guy for the sake of it, but he obviously needs game time now, so he might need to drop lower than us to find it.

I'm sure he wanted to be closer to home when he left here, so Aberdeen is not going to be very attractive. 

If he can't find anything near Stoke down south willing to take the risk I can see him back here. Though if we bring Cole back and have Watt are we going to carry 3 strikers that would all expect to be regular starters.

20 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Anyone taking Moult on would be doing so as a roll of the dice. It works, great. But nobody, including Moult himself, can possibly know how much of his previous form he'll recapture, assuming he doesn't break down again. You couldn't base next season's forward line on his arrival or play a half fit guy for the sake of it, but he obviously needs game time now, so he might need to drop lower than us to find it.

He always knew where the goal was - he's a natural striker and don't believe he'll ever lose that ability.

completely agree about rolling the dice.  He's had a tough time with injury.

Personally I'd take a punt on an initial 6 months with automatic extension if he plays more than xx games. 

9 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

He always knew where the goal was - he's a natural striker and don't believe he'll ever lose that ability.

completely agree about rolling the dice.  He's had a tough time with injury.

Personally I'd take a punt on an initial 6 months with automatic extension if he plays more than xx games. 

Is that what is known as the Big Dec clause? 

• Haha 6

For Motherwell taking a punt on a player is taking a punt on the season.  Have we not learned anything from season after season of terrible signings?  We need to get recruitment right and get the best we can get playing in the 11 on a Saturday.

Moult is one of my all time favourite players but there is no point bringing him back to be a spectator in the Main Stand.

He's had 4 knee injuries since he left us and one of them was major, he's basically been out for 2 full seasons or if you prefer 2 and half seasons out of 3.

5 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

For Motherwell taking a punt on a player is taking a punt on the season.  Have we not learned anything from season after season of terrible signings?  We need to get recruitment right and get the best we can get playing in the 11 on a Saturday.

Moult is one of my all time favourite players but there is no point bringing him back to be a spectator in the Main Stand.

He's had 4 knee injuries since he left us and one of them was major, he's basically been out for 2 full seasons or if you prefer 2 and half seasons out of 3.

Right, we'll have none of that talk of sense and realism on here thank you very much...no place for it on this forum...!!

11 hours ago, El Grew said:

The last (only?) decent player that left FP for Aberdeen was George Murray and that was 43 years ago!!

I was wondering why I don't remember seeing him play.

So I looked it up.

Bad news, mate - it was 53 years ago. You're older than you think!

15 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I was wondering why I don't remember seeing him play.

So I looked it up.

Bad news, mate - it was 53 years ago. You're older than you think!

If only you had been the first to point that out ;). Maybe you've got similar old age issues :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

I'm sure he wanted to be closer to home when he left here, so Aberdeen is not going to be very attractive. 

If he can't find anything near Stoke down south willing to take the risk I can see him back here. Though if we bring Cole back and have Watt are we going to carry 3 strikers that would all expect to be regular starters.

Just chuck them all up top and go all-out. A season of 5-4 wins/losses will do me after this lockdown shite.

7 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

Just 10 years out - try 53 years ago (1968). but yeah I get your drift and you're probably right.

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

It was 53 years ago, not 43.

yes and was pointed out previously - definitely an age issue at play here.

3 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

You're right, no club could bring him in on the basis he'll be starting anytime soon, if ever. That's why I can't see Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc being too interested. I doubt he'd land back here either, but if he did, we'd be doing him the favour at this point, and any deal would need to clearly reflect that. To be honest, if it wasn't for his previous connection, you wouldn't touch him with a bargepole right now.

• David locked this topic