2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

5 hours ago, wellowell said:

I see Martin Foyle was at Port Vale v Mansfield game yesterday wonder who he was watching 

I always thought Alexander would utilise his own scouts, surprised that Foyle is still here tbh

On 5/7/2021 at 4:45 PM, GazzyB said:

Moult was back on the bench for Preston just a few weeks ago. There’s absolutely zero chance we can afford him, he’ll end up at a decent league one side next season. 

He didn't get on, disappeared from the bench after a couple of games, then got freed. Come August, 2 years without kicking a ball in anger. How much would you pay a player in that position? If he wasn't Louis Moult, no-one here would  even consider taking him on.

1 hour ago, bobbybingo said:

He didn't get on, disappeared from the bench after a couple of games, then got freed. Come August, 2 years without kicking a ball in anger. How much would you pay a player in that position? If he wasn't Louis Moult, no-one here would  even consider taking him on.

But he is and we've all seen what he can do. If we're prepared to shell out for an 18 month deal for former player Lawless then we should at the very least entertain former player Louis.

39 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

But he is and we've all seen what he can do. If we're prepared to shell out for an 18 month deal for former player Lawless then we should at the very least entertain former player Louis.

Oh, I'm not suggesting I wouldn't like to see us take a wee chance, but if there was no previous association, we'd be saying he's potentially another Eddie Nolan. Which, right now, he is. It would have to be another Phil O'Donnell/James McFadden situation, though he might well be looking for something closer to home.

Every signing we make is a punt pretty much. Well not true, there are some steady uninspiring signings that are players who we know can do a job in the SPL, players like Lamie and Crawford. 

After that were gambling on ability, attitude or fitness. 

When it works out we challenge for Europe, when it doesn't we battle to finish 10th.

A fit Louis Moult is well out our price range. 

Yes I would love to have him back 

1. send him to the same Doctor that DT had

2. Reports good Sign him  

3. We have the team to rebuild him

4. A fit Moult playing for us his mrs happy fans happy 

5. very little cost to us 

6. I may have had to many rums 

3 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

2. Reports good Sign him  

good points      BUT you can never have  enuff rums 

37 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

2. Reports good Sign him  

What is the rum of choice down your way?

1 hour ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

2. Reports good Sign him  

The slight difference being, of course, that DT's operation was to stop something happening in future, not to repair something that had stopped him kicking a ball for the past two years...

18 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

A fit Louis Moult is well out our price range. 

Absolutely.

But that's not where he's at just now. As things stand he's within everyone's price range because he's a free agent, which means he's earning nothing. 

His circumstances today aren't comparable to where he was a few years back. What he earned at Preston doesn't come into the equation, because that's a contract he signed coming off some great performances with us. He may very well find that there's no clubs of substance down south willing to take a punt on him, and at that point, regardless of where he wants to live, Motherwell could be an attractive proposition.

I'd be disappointed if we don't at least sound him out.

• Like 2

His circumstances are very different this time as he was crocked for months and at this point there is no evidence of how soon he'll be match fit again (if ever). We all know how common it is that players with long term injuries often get injured again once they step up the intensity to match levels.

Regardless, as much as I liked the guy, I'm sure Alexander will have a clear plan and list of targets for his rebuild. If he wants to sound out Moult then fair enough, but I'd be just as happy if he kept Cole.

2 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

I would love to think Moult could be a great signing but two words of caution 

Ross McCormack!!

Two completely different personalities in my opinion and I don't think can be directly compared.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

I would love to think Moult could be a great signing but two words of caution 

Ross McCormack!!

At least we can remember Moult playing for us and doing well, McCormack is in there with the likes of  Eddie Nolan and Casper Sloth and the big German who I can't remember signed by Kampman, ie nobody really  believed  the club had actually  signed them, as they were never seen.

I don’t see us being interested. Alexander has made it clear he wants players that can play 40 plus games a season and as much as I loved Moult I would rather see us tie up Cole who I think is a far safer choice and someone who I think could easily improve. Maybe we could afford both but if Moult hardly plays a game that’s another season where we are relying on Cole for the goals, it won’t come from Watt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

I don’t see us being interested. Alexander has made it clear he wants players that can play 40 plus games a season and as much as I loved Moult I would rather see us tie up Cole who I think is a far safer choice and someone who I think could easily improve. Maybe we could afford both but if Moult hardly plays a game that’s another season where we are relying on Cole for the goals, it won’t come from Watt.

As always it will come down to budget especially next season when the full impact of the past year will be felt.

I don't think we can take any more chances on players who won't hit the ground running. If Moult could prove his injury is behind him and it's now just a match fitness thing then yeah by all means if he was up for it, as long as his wage demands weren't exorbitant.

I'm just hoping we don't have another season for injuries that we've just  had.

38 minutes ago, santheman said:

As always it will come down to budget especially next season when the full impact of the past year will be felt.

I don't think we can take any more chances on players who won't hit the ground running. If Moult could prove his injury is behind him and it's now just a match fitness thing then yeah by all means if he was up for it, as long as his wage demands weren't exorbitant.

I'm just hoping we don't have another season for injuries that we've just  had.

What you fail to recognise is our business model is to have at least two players out on the long term injury list, he would be a fine addition in that respect. If he does actually get stripped then its like getting a jackpot repeater on a puggie.

51 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

What you fail to recognise is our business model is to have at least two players out on the long term injury list, he would be a fine addition in that respect. If he does actually get stripped then its like getting a jackpot repeater on a puggie.

Just 2?

At least it keeps our physios in a job.

1 hour ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Carson. Check.

Donnelly. Check.

Grimshaw. Check.

Dunne. Wait for it, wait for it.

• Haha 1

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/aberdeen-blasted-motherwell-boss-over-24082626.amp

Aberdeen criticised by Motherwell boss over Declan Gallagher announcement
The Scotland international is heading for Pittodrie but Motherwell didn't want the news out until the end of the season.

BY ANDY MCGILVRAY
10:39, 11 MAY 2021
UPDATED 10:57, 11 MAY 2021

Motherwell manager Graham Alexander has criticised Aberdeen for announcing the signing of Declan Gallagher before the end season and revealed the Dons rejected a request from the Steelmen to keep the deal under wraps.

Gallagher has signed a pre-contract with Stephen Glass' side and will leave for Pittodrie at the end of his Fir Park deal at the end of June.

However, Alexander isn't happy about the way the Dons have handled the deal, announcing it with two games remaining in the Premiership.

Motherwell chief executive contacted the Dons to request that the news wasn't made public until the curtain had fallen on the Premiership campaign, but the Dons went ahead and announced it late last Thursday night.

Asked if he would have preferred Aberdeen announced the signing at the end of the season, Alexander said: "Yes, being honest.

"I didn't see the reason to do that. I think it just brings another distraction to the end of the season.

"I don't think our position or the players' was taken into account to be honest, but we can only control how we do things and how we behave, not what other clubs do.

"Alan Burrows did contact them to ask them to leave it until the end of the season. We asked politely, but they declined and that's how it is.

"We deal with it. There's worse things that happen in the world.

"We aren't going to throw our toys out of the pram or cry about it, but I don't think it's an ideal situation for us or the player."

Alexander also admitted he is yet to speak to his skipper since the move was announced.

He added: "I haven't spoke to Dec since the announcement. I haven't asked him about it.

"I go on what I see from people around me and all I want to see is as many players motivated to win the next two games as possible."

• David locked this topic