2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

6 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

totally off topic, but on appearnces, Mason greenwood made his 100th man utd appearance at the weekend, only broke into the first team in 2019. Good job Campbell looks after himself, the amount of games down south is levels above what we have up here.

I'm amazed at that, as someone who like to think he knows his fitba I dont think I could pick Mason Greenwood out in a line up

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Not too many that we'll desperately miss. Campbell and Gallagher would have been good to keep.

Cole, Roberts, Hastie. Foley are the ones from the list Id consider keeping. Got a soft spot for Hastie, albeit appreciate he's not set the heather on fire .

In spite of it all (parent club... most of his recent form...), I also really want Hastie to do well. Maybe tonight's the night....? I still think there's a player in there. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Not too many that we'll desperately miss. Campbell and Gallagher would have been good to keep.

Cole, Roberts, Hastie. Foley are the ones from the list Id consider keeping. Got a soft spot for Hastie, albeit appreciate he's not set the heather on fire .

I think the thing to ask is if Hastie did not have history with the club would anyone want to see him stay ?

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I think the thing to ask is if Hastie did not have history with the club would anyone want to see him stay ?

That's a good question... I will admit to being biased by the history... thinking of him (even still) as one of 'ours'. But to answer your question... probably not!! On the other hand, he did show enough in those performances when he broke through that he potentially has something to offer. 

1 hour ago, ohwulliewullie said:

That's a good question... I will admit to being biased by the history... thinking of him (even still) as one of 'ours'. But to answer your question... probably not!! On the other hand, he did show enough in those performances when he broke through that he potentially has something to offer. 

Im with you on this and no doubt biassed due to him coming through the youth system.

He's got something, pace and decent vision.  Not sold we've figured out his best position but like you I think there's a player we could get a lot more from. 

Now that the Accies are gone are there any of their players who could do a job? Odoffin has been impressive whenever I've seen him but I'd imagine there will be a few clubs in for him. Callachan too looks to have had his moments though he didn't really impress when he went to Hearts a couple of years back.

18 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

Now that the Accies are gone are there any of their players who could do a job? Odoffin has been impressive whenever I've seen him but I'd imagine there will be a few clubs in for him. Callachan too looks to have had his moments though he didn't really impress when he went to Hearts a couple of years back.

Callachan was awesome for hearts in cup quarter final in 2018 when he dummied the corner that led to our first goal.  

26 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

Odoffin signed an extension in January.

1 hour ago, well_said said:

None of them , there is a reason they are relegated. 

Spot on Accies have been utter garbage all season, if we had not been so crap against them this season, they would have been relegated months ago. So I don't think we will be looking at any of their players.

1 hour ago, well_said said:

None of them , there is a reason they are relegated. 

I'm not for a second advocating that we actively target Hamilton players but the fact you finish bottom doesn't necessarily mean they should immediately be discarded as options.

McFadden, Lasley, Pearson, Corrigan, Clarkson and Hammell for example were all part of the Motherwell team that finished bottom in 2002'03.

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

I'm not for a second advocating that we actively target Hamilton players but the fact you finish bottom doesn't necessarily mean they should immediately be discarded as options.

McFadden, Lasley, Pearson, Corrigan, Clarkson and Hammell for example were all part of the Motherwell team that finished bottom in 2002'03.

No comparison to their dross.

9 minutes ago, well_said said:

No comparison to their dross.

I wasn't comparing.  I was illustrating what you might potentially miss out on if you are going to immediately dismiss players because they happened to finish in a side that finished bottom of a league.

• Like 1

• David locked this topic