2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

Aberdeen's signings so far: Gallagher and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas. Now they're supposedly looking at bringing over a 25 year old from Atlanta, whose playing statistics are less impressive than Glass' managerial record.

Shows you the kinda level we need to deal at, but also, with the right guys looking for players, there's no reason we can't get back up the league next season.

46 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Aberdeen's signings so far: Gallagher and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas. Now they're supposedly looking at bringing over a 25 year old from Atlanta, whose playing statistics are less impressive than Glass' managerial record.

Shows you the kinda level we need to deal at, but also, with the right guys looking for players, there's no reason we can't get back up the league next season.

whilst they might be pushing towards the wrong side of 30, they are clearly opting for experience. Forgetting everything that has went on with Gallagher he is very assured at this level and will improve Aberdeen's back line. Jay Emmanuel-Thomas as well, Aberdeen Struggled up that end of the pitch this season, however he has slowly became one of Livi's best players, the fitter he got, the better he got, it was mentioned on Open goal that technically he is unbelievable. it's clearly not a long term plan but I reckon it will prove smart business from Aberdeen.

saying that though, Glass has hardly set the heather alight so far. 

Bruce Anderson is decent business for Livi.

10 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

He won't have come free.

I thought that actually but couldn't imagine Livi forking out too much, I notice in the official announcement they mentioned receiving an undisclosed fee for JET, maybe there is something in place.

fwiw, my opinion on Anderson is based on him looking sharp against us, doesn't say much though.

We'll see with Emmanuel-Thomas. They signed Main. It'll depend who's playing alongside Gallagher, he looks good alongside decent players, but wasn't much kop at holding a wonky defence together.

This Jack Gurr they're supposedly after, it's got to be a joke, unless his stats are wrong. But then again, they used their Atlanta connections to bring in Glass, so you never know.

Interesting with Martin Foyle away to see how it effects our recruitment this summer. I'm sure we'll still be targeting the English lower leagues and non leagues but although he had a mixed record, Foyle did manage to unearth a few good players...

30 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Interesting with Martin Foyle away to see how it effects our recruitment this summer. I'm sure we'll still be targeting the English lower leagues and non leagues but although he had a mixed record, Foyle did manage to unearth a few good players...

Very mixed record but I wish him well

There's been a bit of that with us this season, Scott Fox and Ricki Lamie are both local.  You'll imagine players taking a couple of hundred quid a month less for a job near family etc.

Foyle definitely had mixed results but if you look at the money we took from Kipre, Moult and Johnson then its more than paid for itself as a model. Its the right time for a change though.

I see people linking us with Obika from St Mirren, he's always looked decent against us but I don't see him being someone we'd look at.

I would like to see us use the Championship league in Scotland to get some players feel we have always not tried hard enough to get players from this league.Tons of quality all down the leagues but our scouting in Scotland seems to not be allowed out of Livingston hope that changes.

Say one thing watching Adam he could do a turn easy at the top level his passing and effort could do a job for most teams in the Spl.

6 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I would like to see us use the Championship league in Scotland to get some players feel we have always not tried hard enough to get players from this league.Tons of quality all down the leagues but our scouting in Scotland seems to not be allowed out of Livingston hope that changes.

Say one thing watching Adam he could do a turn easy at the top level his passing and effort could do a job for most teams in the Spl.

As we've seen with our own players, the gap between Championship and Premiership is one many players struggle to cross. Guys like Bob McHugh, Craig Moore, Dom Thomas and many more have carved out good careers in lower leagues after struggling to cut it in our first team.

And the problem with recruiting the younger players is we can't afford the development fee.

does anyone know when the  GTF list comes out, ??    canny wait to see who going . then we will have an idea of how GA has looked at the situation  and decided who he wants in the trenches with him  ( deffo not mr & mrs polworth )

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

does anyone know when the  GTF list comes out, ??    canny wait to see who going . then we will have an idea of how GA has looked at the situation  and decided who he wants in the trenches with him  ( deffo not mr & mrs polworth )

Burrows said next week on Twitter.

16 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

I would imagine if Killy go down a few clubs would be interested in Lafferty.

please no.....he will get goals but his "gamesmanship " really hacks me off..still see him winking when he conned ref to get mulgrew sent off. Refs are wise to his dives etc now and he doesnt get those 50/50  decisions 

same reason I wouldn't want scott brown at fp.

alexander has already said he wants the right type of character in....lafferty isn't it. I am sure theres other guys out there keen for a chance , rather than him looking for another pay day.

I would consider lafferty as an option should cole not stay on,he's definitely a headcase but if he's in the right frame of mind he can be an asset at this level as kilmarnock have found out.

11 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

8 goals and 2 assists in 9 games is a fantastic return, we would be mad not to sign him if we could. 

You can't argue with his stats since he signed for Killie and I said at the time he was the type of player we needed, but from what I have seen of him since then I think his attitude in some games is questionable, at Dens Park on Thursday night he was anonymous for 90 mins and hardly touched the ball.

We need players who will give 100% commitment every game so I think Lafferty may be a luxury we can't afford not just in financial term but in building a settled committed team for next season.

2 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

please no.....he will get goals but his "gamesmanship " really hacks me off..still see him winking when he conned ref to get mulgrew sent off. Refs are wise to his dives etc now and he doesnt get those 50/50  decisions 

same reason I wouldn't want scott brown at fp.

alexander has already said he wants the right type of character in....lafferty isn't it. I am sure theres other guys out there keen for a chance , rather than him looking for another pay day.

He’s the type of player you hate when he plays against you but love to have in your side, a bit like Scott McDonald.

He is a proven goal scorer at our level and a bit of gamesmanship can often work in your favour. I’d take him in a heartbeat.

• David locked this topic