2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

I like Dunne, as long as he's not trying any Hollywood passes. He's a defence first type of full back that I prefer. I also enjoy watching him give opponents a 10 yard start and then strolling up beside them with a "not this time, mate".

7 minutes ago, Well Well said:
From Burrows on Twitter - A big thank you and good luck to everyone leaving the club this summer. We’ll have a list of our new academy graduates soon (our biggest intake in years) and some new faces in the squad too. 
Quote Tweet

If that is true then fair do's

I imagine he's been invited to pre season training to see how he's holding up. Continuing our arrangement of not casting injured players adrift.

As for young players, thats just the nature of the game. I thought Hussein might have stayed on based on previous hype but evidently not. 

From our youth cup winning squad how many have went on to play at a decent level? 

Cadden, Turnbull, Campbell and Hastie.

Even a cup winning youth squad is going to be mostly made up of players that don't make it in the game.

Just now, grizzlyg said:

GA obviously sees something but even when he played all big Dunne had was pace, apart from that not much else but just my personal view

Tackling and kicking the ball away. The two main things I look for in a defender.

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

GA obviously sees something but even when he played all big Dunne had was pace, apart from that not much else but just my personal view

Dunne has a cracking attitude and suspect that's what GA has liked. All depends if he can come back and play regularly .

10 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Dunne has a cracking attitude and suspect that's what GA has liked. All depends if he can come back and play regularly .

Certainly cant fault his attitude   is a cracking big guy. I am just not convinced about him being offered a new deal but if he does and does a job for us I will be first to put my hand up 

I really like Dunne, if he could maintain his fitness and remain injury free he would be a great asset. That's the main concern though as he never played last season, I think he played 6 or 7 the year before and had some issues in the first half of the 18/19 season so he probably made around 30 appearances in the last three years I would imagine. 

Some absolute dross being released, no tears shed here. Many should feel fortunate to have picked up a paycheck playing the game rather than putting a shift in any other job.

Thought Foley may have got an invite but can only assume (and hope) that targets are identified with the new head of recruitment and from GA's existing knowledge of lower English leagues.

However, all this is tempered by the business already announced which is underwhelming and was mostly received with a "aye?" from the majority of our support.

Saying that I thought we did astute business last summer and it went to shit soooo ...... 

28 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Certainly cant fault his attitude   is a cracking big guy. I am just not convinced about him being offered a new deal but if he does and does a job for us I will be first to put my hand up 

completely agree with you. Over the last 4 years he's been a great guy around the club but played 3 games in 2 seasons.   Its one risk that I don't think we need to take. 

Also with Lammie, McGinely, Carrol who are all left footed its not a position we need more players (none of them are world beaters) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

Have to say probably needed, out of the loanees I would love to see Robert’s and Kelly back although I believe QPR have let one of their goalkeepers go to Middlesbrough so maybe Kelly might step up?

I also suspect Hastie might be back for another season on loan.

I really fail to see what he’s done to justify a return. Maybe a perfect fit for Killy next season.

Killie down, perhaps Lafferty will be looking to stay in the top flight right enough?

On a side note it will be strange not having Kilmarnock in the top flight next season. They've not been in the top league quite as long as us but with them being a similar sized club you always kind of took for granted that they'd be there.

Just now, MJC_mkII said:

Killie down, perhaps Lafferty will be looking to stay in the top flight right enough?

Still naw.

14 different clubs in 16 years suggests he's not exactly making a positive impression with his employers. Unless, of course, the teams are so overawed by his talent they don't feel worthy and move him on to avoid embarrassing themselves.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

On a side note it will be strange not having Kilmarnock in the top flight next season. They've not been in the top league quite as long as us but with them being a similar sized club you always kind of took for granted that they'd be there.

The Clubs should now vote out those plastic pitches in top Division. That result now has 11-1 playing on grass. So if they vote along those lines, job done. If Dundee get their vote delivered on time that is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C&A not the shop said:

I imagine he's been invited to pre season training to see how he's holding up. Continuing our arrangement of not casting injured players adrift.

As for young players, thats just the nature of the game. I thought Hussein might have stayed on based on previous hype but evidently not. 

From our youth cup winning squad how many have went on to play at a decent level? 

Cadden, Turnbull, Campbell and Hastie.

Even a cup winning youth squad is going to be mostly made up of players that don't make it in the game.

Everyone of them found a place in the senior game 

3 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Still naw.

14 different clubs in 16 years suggests he's not exactly making a positive impression with his employers. Unless, of course, the teams are so overawed by his talent they don't feel worthy and move him on to avoid embarrassing themselves.

I don't see us signing him as I suspect we'd struggle to meet his wage demands, but he's definitely a player that would be worth taking a gamble on if it was possible. We've been needing a goalscorer since Moult left almost four years ago now.

3 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

I don't see us signing him as I suspect we'd struggle to meet his wage demands, but he's definitely a player that would be worth taking a gamble on if it was possible. We've been needing a goalscorer since Moult left almost four years ago now.

I'd take a gamble on Moult before Lafferty.

15 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Thank fuck we never appointed Tommy Wright!

Relegation is karma for the fog fiasco. 

if Kilmarnock had appointed Graham Alexander they'd still have gone down . He inherited a squad of absolute shite. Next year will tell if Kilmarnock made an error with Tommy Wright , will also tell if Motherwell made the right or wrong choice. Im reassured by the fact most of whom I wanted punted appear to getting punted but its a huge close season for GA to get his team up and running.mm

• David locked this topic