2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

18 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Mout =  A good guy
Lafferty  = not a good guy

There is that of course, shame being a good guy doesn't win you football matches.

I would absolutely love Moult back btw, but how shite would it be if he didn't hit the ground running, a bit like Ojamma. I won't use Mccormack as an example because Moult's attitude, without knowing Ross Mccormack at all btw, is levels above.

FWIW, Lafferty often helps out with an East Kilbride team and by all accounts is quite sound, buy's a round in the pub.

24 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

14 senior players currently under contract. Putting out a 4-5-1

Carson

O'Donnell Mugabe Lamie McGinley 

Crawford Donnelly Maguire O'Hara Lawless

Watt

Subs:

Morrison 

Carroll 

Grimshaw 

I don't hate that team, lacks flair but 11 players that will put in a shift. No goals though.

About 75% of that team are squad players. I am expecting a very busy summer from Motherwell.

15 minutes ago, johnstone said:

About 75% of that team are squad players. I am expecting a very busy summer from Motherwell.

Agree about the 75%. Maybe scope to move on another couple? Just how many new players we actually bring in I don't know.

8 minutes ago, johnstone said:

Of the starting 11 I posted there I expect at least 6 of them will start more than 30 games next season. 

4 or 5 new players maximum coming in that will be expected to be regular starters (including Cole if he comes in) . Another 2 or 3 that will be very much punts (Cornelius/Dunne if they sign on would be in that category) and I think that is (excluding  youth players) our business.

15 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

I imagine he's been invited to pre season training to see how he's holding up. Continuing our arrangement of not casting injured players adrift.

As for young players, thats just the nature of the game. I thought Hussein might have stayed on based on previous hype but evidently not. 

From our youth cup winning squad how many have went on to play at a decent level? 

Cadden, Turnbull, Campbell and Hastie.

Even a cup winning youth squad is going to be mostly made up of players that don't make it in the game.

I haven’t looked but where are the Hearts players from that game?

2 hours ago, johnstone said:

Biggest rebuild will be the dressing rooms as Alexander wants them extended - that’s with a reduced squad too

4 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

I'd certainly rather we got Cole on a new deal than brought in Lafferty. 

Though even with Cole staying we would still need another striker. 

I could see us working something out with Rangers for Hastie, he hasn't showed much this season but he's clearly well thought of at the club and both Robinson and Alexander have always talked highly of him. Though he would have to be on "project" wages and thats going to be a huge drop from what he was on at rangers.

hastie hasn't worked,  bar half dozen games initially,  hes never worked , so let's look elsewhere.  Watching some of the dundee players recently and some were decent,  I know they're now in premier but if thats whats coming from first division , then theres got to be some lower league gems out there.

13 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Biggest rebuild will be the dressing rooms as Alexander wants them extended - that’s with a reduced squad too

Good to know and good to see he is prepared to make demands of the club, hopefully within reason. I have been in the home dressing room and was not impressed. Albeit it was over 10 years ago, so don’t know if they have been upgraded since then but I thought it had a feel of a lower or even non league club ! 

Lafferty scored 12 goals in a third of a season for a team that got relegated.  

Yeah, not good enough for Motherwell!  Not with the high quality strikers our scouting network brings in!

Billy Fluffelwaite incoming, trained at Cardiff once, 3 career goals in Isthmian League, two of them penalties.  6'7 so should be a great hoofball option provided he doesn't do his cruciate being tackled by a blade of grass.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Yeah, not good enough for Motherwell!  Not with the high quality strikers our scouting network brings in!

Billy Fluffelwaite incoming, trained at Cardiff once, 3 career goals in Isthmian League, two of them penalties.  6'7 so should be a great hoofball option provided he doesn't do his cruciate being tackled by a blade of grass.

10 clubs in 8 year suggests there is something fundamentally absent from his game. Whether it's something he brings (or doesn't bring) to the dressing room, whether it's lack of ability to sustain form or whether it's something else entirely, I think it's unlikely all those clubs got it wrong.

If he lasts longer than 1 season at his next club I'd be very surprised.

25 minutes ago, weeyin said:

10 clubs in 8 year suggests there is something fundamentally absent from his game. Whether it's something he brings (or doesn't bring) to the dressing room, whether it's lack of ability to sustain form or whether it's something else entirely, I think it's unlikely all those clubs got it wrong.

If he lasts longer than 1 season at his next club I'd be very surprised.

You could have said the exact same thing about Watt and he has been a great addition to the club. 

Lafferty has done extremely well in his spells at Killie and Hearts which is our level. I don't see him as a risky signing. Especially compared to Moult.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

he sounds decent,  fluffelwaitey....good touch for a big man, I heard...lafferty is after his next pay cheque to do whatever he does, get him to feck . Wasnt interested last night ...let's be creative and give somebody a chance with something to prove.

8 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

14 senior players currently under contract. Putting out a 4-5-1

Carson

O'Donnell Mugabe Lamie McGinley 

Crawford Donnelly Maguire O'Hara Lawless

Watt

Subs:

Morrison 

Carroll 

Grimshaw 

I don't hate that team, lacks flair but 11 players that will put in a shift. No goals though.

C&A   is grimshaw not on a one year deal ??  i thought he was but ma brain isnt what it was 

6 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

that will be some trick, theres no space, unless he moves into the centenary for good 

5 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

aahh but heez cheap and he will be on the telly 6 times a year so thats the deal clincher, his mammy will see him     the same as harry smiths mammy seen him miss at parkhead :D

2 hours ago, smiddy said:

C&A   is grimshaw not on a one year deal ??  i thought he was but ma brain isnt what it was 

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/01/15/liam-grimshaw-signs-new-contract/

Through to next summer.  I've always liked Grimshaw, limited player but I still have a soft spot.

Any idea how he's getting on getting over his illness?

• David locked this topic