2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

How Motherwell  FC reported it:

More international calls.

Max Johnston has been added to the Scotland Under 19 squad for their summer training camp.

How it was reported in the Daily Record:

Former Rangers star's son gets Scotland call-up

Keep moving along. No Old Firm bias to see here.

No different to being at Parkhead one time and the big screen showed a coke advert with the glass getting filled, ice cubes bouncing and condensation dripping down the outside of the glass. Almost immediately 20,000 stood up and went off into the bowels to get one. They are a dream to market to. Not overly bright, non questioning, stick anything in green and white or red white and blue and they buy it. I know plenty who won't chew blue or green extra because of their bias.

The denziens of Castle Grayskull and the Tattiedome need their clickbait fix.

It's how that rag would crowbar in an OF reference if someone had no association with the OF.

i.e: "Ian St John sadly passes away"

"Potential Rangers supporter sadly passes away.

Ian St. John didn't go to a catholic school and therefore we can infer he probably would have had a soft spot for Rangers"

2 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

No different to being at Parkhead one time and the big screen showed a coke advert with the glass getting filled, ice cubes bouncing and condensation dripping down the outside of the glass. 

Just had to nip out for a can of coke after reading that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Pure rumour here and one that I imagine will divide opinion; Charlie Mulgrew?

He's moving back to the general area so I assume he's looking for a local club. Plenty of experience at a good level but do you have confidence he would play 35+ games next year? 

He is in the same category as Lafferty i.e. no thanks lots of better options to spend our cash on.

• Like 1

Mulgrew is 35 years old and played 23 times for Fleetwood Town last season who ended the season 15th in league one. 
Not sure about him, could be decent as an old head to guide younger players or could be past it and get caught out regularly.  If his wage demand wasn’t that big I’d probably take a chance. 

What is a necessity is a centre half who can marshal the defence. Despite O'Donnell being made captain you can't expect him to run the show and talk the others through the game.

I'd like to think that GA could identify someone who has resalability than someone looking to pick up his last paycheck before retirement.

• Like 1

We already have donnolly,o'hara,maguire and crawford adding ross callaghan into that would be horrendous,our midfield is crying out for something different that isn't another average spl player,I get that bringing in players isn't easy but we have to replace campbell with someone that will be the main man in midfield.

2 hours ago, yosemite sam said:

We need a playmaker in midfield, somebody, dare I say it like DT, or we will suffer long ball football next season again.

Agreed we need a playmaker in midfield and maybe a holding player, depending on how well Donnelly recovers. However, although not my preference, I don't mind playing long ball football, so long as its successful.

2 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Issue is the players that are effective in that role are probably the rarest of all footballers, therefore carry a premium and even more so if they can actually deliver the goods. 

That's the problem with some on here they expect GA to be out there signing someone with the ability of Ngolo Kante on the money that gets you Robbie Crawford 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

That's the problem with some on here they expect GA to be out there signing someone with the ability of Ngolo Kante on the money that gets you Robbie Crawford 

They also expect a ball playing midfielder to be a hard tackling, back tracking, box-to-box dynamo.

14 minutes ago, weeyin said:

They also expect a ball playing midfielder to be a hard tackling, back tracking, box-to-box dynamo.

And never miss a penalty,  be able to go in goals if required, command his box and come for every high ball

• David locked this topic