2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

6 hours ago, weeyin said:

It's about this time every year I stop reading the Rebuild/Transfer/Ins&Outs thread and just wait on official announcements from the club.

Maybe it's the pandemic, but it seems even worse than usual this time around.

Surely you mean better?!

21 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

So a rumour, as such, Ethan Robson on loan possibly, was linked a few months back. VIVA Motherwell on twitter posted it.

Midfield needs numbers, played a good number of games last season in thenfirst half of the season but rumours that Blackpool are keen to offload him.

No idea what he's like but we need a bit more in the middle so I could see it.

40 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

So a rumour, as such, Ethan Robson on loan possibly, was linked a few months back. VIVA Motherwell on twitter posted it.

I get the impression that Blackpool want him off the books so a permanent deal might be a possibility 

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/speculation-mounts-that-blackpool-will-allow-former-sunderland-midfielder-ethan-robson-to-leave-on-loan-3267528

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

It's all gone very quiet on the squad rebuild only 1 confirmed signing so far, and alleged interest in Lafferty,  the season starts in just over 4 weeks with the league cup, time we had some new players in to discuss.

I'm happy with us taking our time and getting the right players over the next few weeks. We were very early in doing business last year, from memory, and that didn't exactly pan out as well as hoped. 

I'm not worried about lack of numbers so far as I'd rather we focus on quality rather than quantity. However I'd like to think we'll have some new faces in for pre season starting. Otherwise they come in later and take weeks to get up to speed. 

The last two transfer windows were a balls up,we can't afford to get it wrong again this time,we need several players good enough to get right into the team and if that takes a bit longer than usual then I'm all for it.

22 minutes ago, mfc said:

The last two transfer windows were a balls up,we can't afford to get it wrong again this time,we need several players good enough to get right into the team and if that takes a bit longer than usual then I'm all for it.

Whilst I agree with you, I have sympathy with the board, managers etc in how difficult it must have been to convince anyone to sign during a pandemic. 

35 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Might be harder to get players up from down south with the looming when everything shuts you are not allowed to travel.

It's a different ball game now that's why I think more than ever we get a proper scouting network in Scotland.

:blink: Not sure how you quantify any of that.

Opening statement just isn’t true, players can travel across the continent whilst following protocol.

Proper scouting network in Scotland? I’d doubt the Lamie and Crawford types were scouted from outside our border.

1 hour ago, SuperSteelman said:

There must be another Dougie Arnott type player out there somewhere waiting to flourish in a 'Well shirt. 

There might be, but these days he’d probably be hounded out before he got through his initial “falling over every time he got the ball” phase.

16 hours ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Might be harder to get players up from down south with the looming when everything shuts you are not allowed to travel.

It's a different ball game now that's why I think more than ever we get a proper scouting network in Scotland.

I think that was maybe the case last year when we were in complete lockdown. But, as OTF, said there are quite a lot of new protocols and exemptions now in place for travelling while working since the original lockdown. 

However, there may be some players that just would prefer to stay closer to home during this time - can defintley see that. 

Either way we should have a scouting network covering down south and up here. Feels like we do have both in play given recent signings  but I could be wrong. 

As an aside, choking for a proper player rumour here to keep me going. 

56 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Would you take Lee Griffiths

He's had a few issues in recent years but I think he is a great striker, still only 30 I would love to see him at Fir Park. I suspect he had a bit of a falling out at Celtic and was very rarely used last season.

Don't know what his contract situation is at Celtic but if he is available GA should be making enquiries. 

10 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

A fit and healthy Griffiths with his head screwed on would be a fantastic signing.

He'd also still be at Celtic. 

He's in the massive gamble category, like a Ross McCormack level gamble.  Great if it works out, disaster if not.

Bigger gamble than Moult would have been IMO, knees are easier to fix than heads.

If we were to sign Griffiths he would be one of our best paid ever players without a shadow of doubt. The cynic in me is worried if he needs to go off on leave like at Celtic the club cannot afford to have a wage that is going to be on medical leave for half the season. 

That said, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He can rattle the goals, he is a pain in the erse to the opposition. The things we need. 

9 minutes ago, StirlingDosser said:

If we were to sign Griffiths he would be one of our best paid ever players without a shadow of doubt. The cynic in me is worried if he needs to go off on leave like at Celtic the club cannot afford to have a wage that is going to be on medical leave for half the season. 

That said, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He can rattle the goals, he is a pain in the arse to the opposition. The things we need. 

I doubt we can afford to pay his gambling debts either. 

• Like 1

• David locked this topic