2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

15 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Good luck to him as he deserves this opportunity. Time will tell if we were right to ask for a reduced up front in return for a sell on clause. I'm not convinced. 

I tend to agree, as much as I have a high regard for the guy I think the Championship is his level.

I tend to agree, as much as I have a high regard for the guy I think the Championship is his level.
Fair point, but even a sideways move in the Championship can result in crazy transfer fees.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Championship is full of athletes and that's when Campbell struggles. The Aberdeen game last season when they stuck two fullbacks in midfield and every game against Joe Aribo showed that. 

Good luck to him but I think we will see him back in the Premiership before long. 

• Like 5

The Luke Mccormick link is genuinely very, very exciting btw, if this is the change in approach @Onthefringes hinted at, I am all for it, As fans we have cried out for quality over quantity.

I didn't necessarily agree with Robbo's approach but I can see why he took that route. Paying tens of millions doesn't guarantee success, and the further down the ladder you go, those percentages decrease, So taking a few cheap gambles in the hope that one worked maybe wasn't the worst idea in the world, on paper, the reality of it was we were stuck with some absolute dross. Fortunately we had the youngsters breaking through which papered over those errors.

although not the most entertaining window, YET, the approach is definitely much more refreshing.

FWIW, Reegan Hendry at Raith would also be a nice addition, whether or not we are interested or not is anyone's guess, remember seeing him linked with Aberdeen as well which might price us out of a move.

36 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

With Fox in goals, is there still a problem with Carson?

With resigning Fox, and rumours we are trying to get Kelly back on loan, you would have to think that Carson is not ready to return to the first team. All just speculation and the rumour about Kelly could be completely groundless, but that is what happens in the phoney war before a new season gets underway. I genuinely hope there is less to it and Trevor can make a full return to fitness and between the sticks for us. He is an excellent player and deserves a bit of good luck for a change.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, The African said:

With resigning Fox, and rumours we are trying to get Kelly back on loan, you would have to think that Carson is not ready to return to the first team. All just speculation and the rumour about Kelly could be completely groundless, but that is what happens in the phoney war before a new season gets underway. I genuinely hope there is less to it and Trevor can make a full return to fitness and between the sticks for us. He is an excellent player and deserves a bit of good luck for a change.

Highly doubt we’ll see Carson return. Wouldn’t pin hopes on Kelly returning either...

Nothing cryptic or a riddle so as not to twist the knickers of some.

3 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Highly doubt we’ll see Carson return. Wouldn’t pin hopes on Kelly returning either...

Nothing cryptic or a riddle so as not to twist the knickers of some.

I agree regarding Kelly. He probably deserves a chance at a higher level and would be an expensive option from our point of view/ salary level.

As for Carson, it is all just hope from my point of view. Nobody wants to see any player have to give up because of injury, let alone one that has proven themselves to be as good as Trevor was. His professionalism when his proposed move to Celtic fell through also adds credit to him, when others might have thrown their toys out of the pram. Honestly, I would love to see him back if at all possible.

10 hours ago, The African said:

Have to say that was my thoughts as well, that Carson might have fitness problems, let’s hope we have added 2+2 and got 20!

On the player transfer or sorry non player transfer activity I would have thought that we have some kind of update from the club by now, I can guess it will be difficult to find replacements for Campbell and Gallagher but I am sure they will be working on it but will not be easy?

2 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

Have to say that was my thoughts as well, that Carson might have fitness problems, let’s hope we have added 2+2 and got 20!

On the player transfer or sorry non player transfer activity I would have thought that we have some kind of update from the club by now, I can guess it will be difficult to find replacements for Campbell and Gallagher but I am sure they will be working on it but will not be easy?

Rarely post here anymore but Mr. Burrows spends 20 odd minutes (possibly more) giving a comprehensive update on everything club related on the most recent MFC Podcast.

Here's a link in case any of you are interested/missed it (it was only a post on P&B that brought it to my attention): https://open.spotify.com/episode/6q21Uk47ehl3IuH7k8VfGe?si=fdf6f7db17184025

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alanos said:

I assume we’re waiting until after the Euros before announcing new signings, so as not to disrupt our signing targets during the tournament 8)

Mbappé is a pretty cool character, don’t think it would effect him in truth.

21 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Mbappé is a pretty cool character, don’t think it would effect him in truth.

You'd think so... but I thought Harry Kane could've handled it as well... yet after last night, he'd be lucky to get a game for Airdrie... :)

1 hour ago, Well-Made said:

You'd think so... but I thought Harry Kane could've handled it as well... yet after last night, he'd be lucky to get a game for Airdrie... :)

So would many of the England team, not a lot of creativity or the ability to change things when needed. Just got my DNA results back and always thought I would be near 100% English but it seems not. 47% English, 24% Scottish, 20% Irish with a bit of Germanic/Scandinavian thrown in. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

So would many of the England team, not a lot of creativity or the ability to change things when needed. Just got my DNA results back and always thought I would be near 100% English but it seems not. 47% English, 24% Scottish, 20% Irish with a bit of Germanic/Scandinavian thrown in. 

At least you can give an almost non-biased view :)

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

And it'll be a relief there is no Welsh in the mix.

1 hour ago, dennyc said:

And it'll be a relief there is no Welsh in the mix.

I’m still in shock at the 24% Scottish, my friends and colleagues are saying they knew there was something about me they liked. My wife is still bragging to her friends who were shocked she married a Yorkshireman.

• Haha 1

• David locked this topic