2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

3 hours ago, dennyc said:

And it'll be a relief there is no Welsh in the mix.

oh oh  no no  my mrs is welsh and they are better than the engerland mob , and ireland mob  so am on there side + sheez from the real valleys so not from just over the engerland border

"Come and Get me!"

Not exactly the surprise of the century is it? I wonder if there would be any fee involved? The main thing from our perspective, is that we get the right back position sorted out before the league campaign commences.

It surprised me that O'Donnell signed a deal with us before the euros, would always expect a player to take their chance on a good showing getting them a better offer and wouldn't blame them for it.

It would make perfect sense for there be a very reasonable buy out that gives us the best of both worlds.  Guarantee if he does go it will undisclosed and folk with go mental over it.

Agent at work again I guess. But at least SOD did the decent thing and signed on again which means we get Euro money and whatever any release fee is. Was always going to be a possibility given a good showing for Scotland. Highlights  again that our Club do the right thing by their players looking to their careers  and that SOME players respect that approach. A potential win for both player and Club. 

Given all the shite he has taken, and not only from the Shelley Kerrs of this world, I hope he gets the move that gives him the long term financial security he deserves. Be sad to see him leave though. I was looking forward to applauding him onto the park first chance we get to attend matches. 

And I would not be at all surprised to see Celtic knocking on our door if the release clause thing is accurate. 

I’d be delighted for O’Donnell if he can get a move on the back of this tournament. I’d like to think any exit clause while modest will still be good money for Motherwell.

Should this come to fruition, maybe we can enquire about taking young Nathan Patterson on loan. Heard he’s decent... 

36 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I’d be delighted for O’Donnell if he can get a move on the back of this tournament. I’d like to think any exit clause while modest will still be good money for Motherwell.

Should this come to fruition, maybe we can enquire about taking young Nathan Patterson on loan. Heard he’s decent... 

No from me re Patterson let the ugly sisters develop their own, they have the lowland league to look forward to, he's only played a handful of games and already he's the next Maldini or Baresi depending on which Rangers fan you listen to.

If he was playing at any other club than the blue uglies he would be nowhere near the Scotland squad.

Not saying he is not a good prospect but we have our own young players to develop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Part n part of football now if true more an more teams will have contract clauses like this in them but I wouldn't grudge any player a move away from Motherwell really he done a decent thing like Turnbull signed on knowing either way the club will get something out it if Euros were a success for him.

Turnbull is the only player I grudged a move only because I wanted to see him in a Well for for a few more years but he is definitely heading for the Premiership in England soonier rather than later which I hope we have a sell on clause.

15 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

I really thought football clubs had moved beyond signing players on the basis of a couple of good games in a tournament. While O'Donnell has been solid for us, I wouldn't say his form would pique the interest of Championship clubs down south...

It’s certainly a big move up given he’s not even rated by some of our support.

The idea that someone at motherwell needs an exit clause in their contract, when we actively sell our players is silly. But if he gets a bigger move out of his euros performances,  and we get some money, fair play. 

57 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

The idea that someone at motherwell needs an exit clause in their contract, when we actively sell our players is silly. But if he gets a bigger move out of his euros performances,  and we get some money, fair play. 

Its simply to make any move away, when a player's stock is high that bit easier.  The club may value a player at say £500K, which would put some clubs off. If the clause stipulates bids of £100K  would be acceptable then thats a better escape route for the player. 

54 minutes ago, Heisenboab said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/57515062.amp

One we could tempt to Fir Park with his connection to the area or will he go onto a bigger club?

I really don't think the new management team really take any stock in players who have had a link to the club no matter how tenuous. Its all done on a laptop now

19 hours ago, fizoxy said:

The idea that someone at motherwell needs an exit clause in their contract, when we actively sell our players is silly. 

Carson might disagree. The days of letting our players go for pennies is gone, for now at least.

10 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Rumour we're gonnae sign former Maidstone winger Justin Amaluzor. Baby.

Rather we signed his more sucsessful cousin . Jason Amawina. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, bobbybingo said:

Rumour we're gonnae sign former Maidstone winger Justin Amaluzor. Baby.

From the Maidstone forum

” Right now the secret is out and Justin is on his way to Motherwell, which I already knew. This begs 2 questions 
1 . Do Motherwell rate him that much better than I do?
2. Does this prove just how pathetically bad the Scottish Premier league is?
All conquering ,all powerful Rangers I think not. 1 step up from a pub league and that is an insult to the pub league.“

If O'Donnell does go, it may not be down south. All well & good talking about things from a football point of view, but that recent video the club posted of him at home suggests that his home life is very settled, with family nearby and so forth.

Would he disrupt that for a few years at Stoke? Possibly. But again, possibly not.

10 minutes ago, David said:

If O'Donnell does go, it may not be down south. All well & good talking about things from a football point of view, but that recent video the club posted of him at home suggests that his home life is very settled, with family nearby and so forth.

Would he disrupt that for a few years at Stoke? Possibly. But again, possibly not.

Celtic have neither a right back nor much money...

• David locked this topic