2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

37 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

From the Maidstone forum

” Right now the secret is out and Justin is on his way to Motherwell, which I already knew. This begs 2 questions 
1 . Do Motherwell rate him that much better than I do?
2. Does this prove just how pathetically bad the Scottish Premier league is?
All conquering ,all powerful Rangers I think not. 1 step up from a pub league and that is an insult to the pub league.“

That's the best yet,you really have to laugh,somebody that supports maidstone having a go at the standard of football up here.

23 minutes ago, unknown said:

Another forward/winger from the arse end of the English leagues. I had hoped we’d moved away from this type of signing now that Robinson is away but it would appear not. Thoroughly uninspiring signing.

That said, best of luck to the boy and hopefully I’ll be eating my words.

It’s an interesting signing and one I would compare to Hylton who looked amazing on his day, his day just never came around often enough. I guess with Alexander’s history we were always going to see some signings like this. With all the talk a a smaller squad with better quality though perhaps not a hugely popular one.

57 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

From the Maidstone forum

” Right now the secret is out and Justin is on his way to Motherwell, which I already knew. This begs 2 questions 
1 . Do Motherwell rate him that much better than I do?
2. Does this prove just how pathetically bad the Scottish Premier league is?
All conquering ,all powerful Rangers I think not. 1 step up from a pub league and that is an insult to the pub league.“

Doesn't sound like someone prone to exaggeration.  

• Haha 1

The available market isn't going to change much with managers. He's also only our second signing, so not going to make any generalizations at this point. Seems we've had a good look at him, so hopefully he's more of a Roberts than a Seedorf.

Just now, steelboy said:

It's difficult to see us getting much out of a guy who is coming from a league below Hylton and Frear when they signed. 

Not inspiring much confidence for next season.

And Leicester City should never have signed Jamie Vardy from Fleetwood Town.

Probably a good idea to write him off now.

Then when we coach him into a better player, the usual suspects can start complaining about not tying down players to longer contracts and moaning that we never get high transfer fees.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Another forward/winger from the arse end of the English leagues. I had hoped we’d moved away from this type of signing now that Robinson is away but it would appear not. Thoroughly uninspiring signing.

completely with you.  By the age of 24 if any good he'd have gone beyond non league.

It's not shaping up brilliantly thus far.  Connor Shields + SOD both get a big tick BUT pretty much every other signing since GA has arrived has been very Meh

Fox ,Carrol, Mugabi,  Crawford, Lawless,  add to that Cornelious and Devine who if good enough would have been playing by now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, weeyin said:

And Leicester City should never have signed Jamie Vardy from Fleetwood Town.

Probably a good idea to write him off now.

Then when we coach him into a better player, the usual suspects can start complaining about not tying down players to longer contracts and moaning that we never get high transfer fees.

He certainly should be given a chance. Vardy though was hot as shit at Fleetwood, everyone was looking at him.

I’m a bit puzzled by this signing. 
Firstly, we acknowledged that we were keeping playing budgets at the same level whilst Alexander also said that he’s planning to only bring in half of the amount of bodies which we let go. Those two things hand in hand suggests that our average salary will Increase and that we’re investing or planning to invest in starters. With the best will in the world to Maidstone, I cannot imagine that this will be anything like a top earner at Motherwell and therefore it begs the question of where the money is being spent or will be spent, if this is the route we are going down?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

With that post, I assumed grizzly had hacked your account.  Turns out that's his name...

Not necessarily it seems he has two, this from his wiki page

Justin Ikechukwu Obiora Amaluzor (born 17 October 1996) is an English footballer of Nigerian descent who plays as a forward, for Motherwell. He was previously known as Justin Nwogu.[3]

Giving the level this guy has been playing at,i really hope he has it in him to make the step up,who knows he might be getting brought in as a squad player to start with,either way we need to be making some signings that are ready and and at a standard to be playing first team football.i see were being linked with another loan player from rangers,I hope it's bollocks,let some other mob develop there players.

7 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Dougie was approaching 22 and yes plucked from Pollock and proved to be incredible.  Some frogs turn to princes - not many though.

I hope this lad proves to be a great player.  

I thought he was about 27 when he signed?

13 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Jamie Vardy was 24 when Leicester signed him from non league Fteetwood Town and that worked out OK.

Vardy had scored +70 goals in his previous 2 seasons.   Had as signed anyone with this type of record I'd be jumping for joy. 

My general point is GA has signed 11 players . Other than  S'OD + Shields it's not convincing that many who have signed will be automatic starters.

A smaller squad of better quality was the promise.  With Kelly, Gallagher, Campbell , Cole all leaving to date we have a smaller squad - there's a distinct lack of quality . 

2 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

I remember we signed a player from Spurs for £200,000  , who had scored at Old Trafford and Highbury in the Premiership …….. he was absolutely pish

We are going to have to trust the manager who rescued us from relegation 

Now why did you go and have to drag him up.

I’m away to go and lie in a darkened room.

Not only that Jurgen Klinsmann is on the tv to really rub it in

• David locked this topic