2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

Today has been one tetchy day on here, I put it down to tonight’s games.

Been like that for a while if you ask me. Poor imitation nowadays of a once very good forum. First sense of disagreeing with someone very often leads to arguing / personal insults. Pretty embarrassing from some posters to be honest.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, David said:

@Onthefringes & @Kmac put down the handbags and give it a rest, eh? Christ almighty. We've signed two players! Two! Surely that's a good thing!

Really? A lot worse appears on here. Think it’s fair to say we’ve finished it. One poster went to uni, one went to the school of life.

We’ve signed more than 2.

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

Aye playing at being footballers, Croatia never got out of 2nd gear, Scotland were feckin brutal 

To be honest i’v been watching the England game and only  seen the goals. I did wonder if they would find it difficult against a very decent team, always going to be up for it against England.

9 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

To be honest i’v been watching the England game and only  seen the goals. I did wonder if they would find it difficult against a very decent team, always going to be up for it against England.

The quality of the opposition is irrelevant to Scotland in tournaments we are brutal against all levels of ability :nod:

Will never have a better chance of qualifying ever!Two games at home and one at Wembley hardly any travel hassle.

Croatia were fantastic,passed so well and Modric different class had us in his back pocket all day long.Would have took Dykes off and put on Turnbull give a wee shot last 15 mins.

We were never going to qualify for one simple reason.

We can't score goals.

While the rest of the team aren't world beaters, they are good enough to match up to other 3rd place teams. Inability to score, however, will kill you every time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Really? A lot worse appears on here. Think it’s fair to say we’ve finished it. One poster went to uni, one went to the school of life.

We’ve signed more than 2.

Are you sure? Did we sign more than 2 or was it fewer?  Teach me wise one, sensei

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The quality of the opposition is irrelevant to Scotland in tournaments we are brutal against all levels of ability :nod:

This is true. However home advantage or not, Scotland were up against last World Cup's finalists, semi finalists and a team that beat said semi finalists in qualifying.  There have been tournaments in the past when you could say "Scotland should be beating them". On this occasion, it was more a case of "Scotland could beat them if they play to their best". 

There were other groups in this tournament which Scotland could have got out of. The Dutch group for one...

Unfortunately we could sign Lionel Messi and Ronaldo……….. they would be to old

Gilmour on loan……………. he’s only played a handful of games……etc etc

Scotland are shite………..surprise surprise couple of Motherwell players  help us to qualify for major tournaments for 23 years ."and one starts all 3 games

The expectations of some of our  fans is incredible…….. wee reminder Accies have us on their mantlepiece and they got relegated 

Relegation…..come back and start moaning when you experience that a few times

11 hours ago, weeyin said:

We were never going to qualify for one simple reason.

We can't score goals.

While the rest of the team aren't world beaters, they are good enough to match up to other 3rd place teams. Inability to score, however, will kill you every time.

Really there isn't any point in bringing this up at 9.30am other than the fact that you are the king of pedantry..... :D

You are aware that the mighty England, complete with their £100m man, only scored one goal more than us.......... they somehow managed to concede 5 goals less than us however.

With 3 forwards in the door so far and 4-7 still to come, it will be interesting to see the next priorities. 

IMO, we still need a goalkeeper, 2 centre half's, 2 creative central midfielders, a combative centre midfielder in the Campbell mode and another forward. 

With matches starting in the next 3/4 weeks, we will need players to arrive pretty soon in order to make sure we hit the ground running. 

Presumably a few more signings on the way. Of the 3 we have made so far, I'd categorise all of them as being punts or risky if you like. That's OK up to a point. However I'd like to see us sign some solid experienced pros, at our level of course. All of our punts may be a success but equally they may all be failures. Reality may be in-between. The caveat, of course, is our playing budget, which is limited.

21 minutes ago, Kmac said:

With 3 forwards in the door so far and 4-7 still to come, it will be interesting to see the next priorities. 

IMO, we still need a goalkeeper, 2 centre half's, 2 creative central midfielders, a combative centre midfielder in the Campbell mode and another forward. 

With matches starting in the next 3/4 weeks, we will need players to arrive pretty soon in order to make sure we hit the ground running. 

I'd be very surprised if we signed a combative midfielder, or at least I don't imagine it is a high priority, especially with Donnelly coming back, Mark O'Hara and Crawford both signed.

35 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

I'd be very surprised if we signed a combative midfielder, or at least I don't imagine it is a high priority, especially with Donnelly coming back, Mark O'Hara and Crawford both signed.

Maybe combative isn't the word. I'm very concerned that we need to fill a Campbell shaped hole and I don't believe that O'Hara, Donnelly and especially Crawford are up to it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kmac said:

Maybe combative isn't the word. I'm very concerned that we need to fill a Campbell shaped hole and I don't believe that O'Hara, Donnelly and especially Crawford are up to it. 

Donnelly is more of a defensive/holding player.  The issue with Crawford and O'Hara is one of quality. 

1 hour ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I really hope we address the Defence asap we need a a couple of centre backs at the very least right back and left back we are fine but central pretty weak in that position.

Darragh O’Connor on trial most recently at Leicester. Republic of Ireland youth too. Last one from Leicester worked out pretty well.

3 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

I take it there's a few signed but we're giving each signing their own media/press release each day.

Which I quite enjoy as an approach, gives us stuff to get excited about.

Can't we just get the tractor out and get a group photo of them in the one go?

• Haha 1

• David locked this topic