2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

1 minute ago, Well Well said:

wow that boy has talent..so many different finishes...I note the last bit about inconsistency from Steelboys link but then thats what you get at our level

Given the numbers of players we have signed recently who were consistently shite signing an inconsistent talented player is an upgrade. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Whilst some of the goals are absolutely fantastic I hope we never ever ever sign a keeper from that league!

Was Carson not in that league when we signed him? (Although the overall quality seems to be variable).

3 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Was Carson not in that league when we signed him? (Although the overall quality seems to be variable).

Carson was League Two but had just suffered relegation with Hartlepool was was National League bound. We managed to get Randolph from League One as well as Gillespie. 

7 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

So the first pre season game v Dumbarton ends in 1-0 defeat which is no surprise playing entirely different sides in each half, but the surprise is no Carson involved which suggests there is a fitness problem and with the club pursuing another goalkeeper it doesn’t look good for Trevor?

No sign of Donnelly or Grimshaw either.

24 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

So the first pre season game v Dumbarton ends in 1-0 defeat which is no surprise playing entirely different sides in each half, but the surprise is no Carson involved which suggests there is a fitness problem and with the club pursuing another goalkeeper it doesn’t look good for Trevor?

I’d really like to see Carson establish himself as No.1 again but sadly I think he’s finished. It’s a shame for him as he’s had a horrendous time of it over the last few years with illness and injury but I don’t think we can be looking at him to be our first choice goalkeeper going forward.

Pre  season friendlies are not to be taken that seriously at the best of times and you certainly can’t take anything from those line ups. I would agree though that the omissions of Carson, Grimshaw, and Donnelly are a worry and we’re certainly still a few players short. Honestly at this point I’ve got no idea how this season is going to pan out, I think Alexander did a good job when he came in and I’m fairly confident he will do ok with his own group of players. However the days of getting bodies in early with Robinson are gone so who knows.

MOTHERWELL TEAM (NEW YOUTH INTAKE MARKED AS Y)

First half: Trialist, Johnston, Trialist, McGinley, Wilson (Y), Cornelius, Trialist, Maguire, Woolery, Watt, C O’Donnell (Y).

Second half: Fox, Trialist, Devine (Trialist), Dunnachie (Y), Carroll, Trialist, Crawford, O’Hara (McLeod (Y)), Lawless, Trialist, Shields.

Subs not used: Morrison, Tambwe (Y).

7 Trialists in total

Papers with the "former rangers" shite again, played about 15 games for them almost 10 years ago and has been with 6 clubs since. He was at Scunthorpe under Alexander and Daws, so we could possibly be doing the guy a favour by giving him a pre season, or the management don't quite trust the analytics and video and want to stick with known quantities.

I don't know much about him, but he seems to be an injury risk. Had a decent career in England, so maybe something there if he can stay fit.

Ness is injury prone and the wrong side of 30,so he would be a no for me,he's not what our midfield is needing,we need an attacking midfielder with ideally a bit of pace.our midfield concerns me with who we have already signed up and unless any of them leave i can see us only signing the one and if we get it wrong then we will be stuck with a ponderous midfield with no creativity yet again.

• Like 1

• David locked this topic