2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

Ness is an interesting one, he was a hot prospect back in the day. Walked away from Dundee, however the chat from most of their fans is that he would be a quality signing. I think he had problems with his mental health? Not against the signing, an interesting one though.

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

Papers with the "former rangers" shite again, played about 15 games for them almost 10 years ago and has been with 6 clubs since.

It's like the headline in The Scotsman last week "Billy Gilmour claims Scotland record from another one-time Rangers player"

The record they were talking about was Chelsea player Gilmour beating the one Duncan Ferguson set when he was playing for Dundee Utd - the only club he had ever played for at the time.

It's like when people over here latch on to my Scottish accent and assume I'm good at hitting a golf ball.

So I have to explain to them I have just as much trouble knocking one through the wee windmill as they do.

• Haha 3

Carson is from Hartlepool area so maybe letting him return would be beneficial to him and after all he’s went through I can understand that . I thought Ash Taylor was very good 1st time at Aberdeen so player in there and would be fine with him as Alexander might bring the best out of him . Not many experienced Centre half’s kicking about and Ross County have offered him the captaincy as well if he signs so there obviously very interested as well . 

14 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Papers with the "former rangers" shite again, played about 15 games for them almost 10 years ago and has been with 6 clubs since.

It's all about getting internet search hits though, as that's what drives on-site advertising and pays the bills for many of these sites (and even some traditional newspapers). Quite simply, having Rangers or Celtic in the title will garner more hits than Scunthorpe or Dundee.

a year ago I was excited about the season ahead- Turnbull coming back from injury along side Campbell etc, had a false feeling of optimism.

Fast forward 12 months and we've signed/resigned 10+ players since Jan who at best feel like squad players + reports of trialists who will make our squad players look good.

Not feeling the same excitement - we need to step up the quality 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

a year ago I was excited about the season ahead- Turnbull coming back from injury along side Campbell etc, had a false feeling of optimism.

Fast forward 12 months and we've signed/resigned 10+ players since Jan who at best feel like squad players + reports of trialists who will make our squad players look good.

Not feeling the same excitement - we need to step up the quality 

It's the Motherwell way, nearly every season feeling excited and optimistic in August, despairing at how bad we are and wanting rid of the useless summer signings in December and then relieved and satisfied when we either rally and finish top six or avoid relegation in May.

All part of the roller coaster that is being a well fan. :nod:

Taylor is clearly very capable of playing in the spl and we’re going to need that. As mentioned previously, the lower league English signings have been very hit and miss in the last years however what they have in common is that they take some time to adjust and make the step (if they ever do). Taylor comes with seniority, knowledge of the league and is clearly less shite than Lamie (who, even I, have warmed to). Sign him up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmac said:

Taylor is clearly very capable of playing in the spl and we’re going to need that. As mentioned previously, the lower league English signings have been very hit and miss in the last years however what they have in common is that they take some time to adjust and make the step (if they ever do). Taylor comes with seniority, knowledge of the league and is clearly less shite than Lamie (who, even I, have warmed to). Sign him up.

completely agree - he was a regular with Aberdeen and don't imagine he'd be any worse that say Gallagher who has gone in the reverse direction. 

I tend to think there is always an over expectation of who we should be signing, around 4000 home supporters does not allow for a big playing budget. Double the home support and it’s a different matter.

1 hour ago, Mccus28 said:

Jamie Ness, tom king (keeper), joe muscatt (midfield) and darragh o'connor (defender) all played as trialists yesterday

Interestingly tom king holds the world record for the furthest out goal at over 96m

Conceded?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, steelboy said:

If we end up with Mugabi, Lamie, Taylor, O'Connor and Devine as centre back options that's a decent mix (if O'Connor has potential) and there would be real competition for a start.

Also another 2 CBs on trial one being the ex Liverpool, West Ham player Mi’chel Parker and other someone mentioned a trialist from Luton (possibly on loan)

• David locked this topic