2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

Scott Burns reporting we have signed MVV on a 2 year deal

Van Veen to join Motherwell

Motherwell have secured the signing of Dutch striker Kevin van Veen.

The 30-year-old has agreed a deal that will keep him at Fir Park for the next two seasons.

Kilmarnock were also keen on Van Veen but his preference was to play in the Premiership.

Graham Alexander has managed to convince his former Scunthorpe frontman to play under him again.

Van Veen had two spells at Scunthorpe and around those he has played for Helmond Sport, Dijkse Boys, JVC Cuijk, FC Ons and Cambuur.

Motherwell have already landed strikers Connor Shields from Queen of the South and Kayne Woolery from Tranmere Rovers.

They have also landed winger Justin Amaluzor from Maidstone United.

Motherwell have been looking for new frontline options after losing Devante Cole and Chris Long.

The Steelman are also still keen to bring Liam Kelly back for a second loan spell from Queen’s Park Rangers but Dundee United look favourites.

Anyone miss the pre internet days when the first you heard of a signing was when they were in the paper with the scarf above their head? Might be noticing it more this year because a few of our signings have been trialists but very rarely do we get a surprise signing that's not been talked about for days or even weeks beforehand...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Andy H said:

Scott Burns reporting we have signed MVV on a 2 year deal

Van Veen to join Motherwell

Motherwell have secured the signing of Dutch striker Kevin van Veen.

his goal ratio is far better than most stickers we've signed.  On the face of it a very decent signing .

16 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

:danced:his goal ratio is far better than most stickers we've signed.  On the face of it a very decent signing .

what kind of a STICKER  is he ?? :scratchhead:  we all have brain farts at spelling  hahahah but just wait till the english teachers on here get you 

• Haha 1

When did Dundee Utd get in the frame for Liam Kelly? 

I think he would know he would now be 1st choice at Fir  Park and he seems to have enjoyed his time here. If it is another loan then I don't think money would be a problem

1 hour ago, real dosser said:

When did Dundee Utd get in the frame for Liam Kelly? 

I think he would know he would now be 1st choice at Fir  Park and he seems to have enjoyed his time here. If it is another loan then I don't think money would be a problem

They've been interested in him for a month or two Gordon. Maybe United would offer to pay a larger percentage of his wages?

I would love it to be kelly but one thing for sure we need to be bringing in a good goalkeeper whatever happens,we seen last season just what a difference having a good keeper can do,the difference between kelly and the likes of chapman and archer was night and day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

They've been interested in him for a month or two Gordon. Maybe United would offer to pay a larger percentage of his wages?

In my view his loan last season was absolutely critical to how things panned out, the most important signing we made. We will have a wage structure which is how it should be but I would certainly like to see us push it as far as we can to secure him for another season. Dundee United are a bigger club, maybe that’s a pull but I don’t see them as anything special football wise.

On 6/30/2021 at 10:42 PM, superward said:

I know you aren't a fan of O'Hara but I'm not sure why you are mentioning him here? 

Are you surprised? I'm more shocked when we see a post of his that doesn't mention O'Hara. He has a weird, creepy fascination with the guy. 

Maybe it's his hair. Or his winning smile that he loves? Who knows.

• Like 1

Another alleged target moves.

MK Dons have signed Norwich City winger Josh Martin and Blackpool midfielder Ethan Robson on season-long loans.

Martin, 19, made nine league appearances last season as Norwich won the Championship title, and scored in a 2-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday.

"He showed a real desire to be here because of the way we play - he believes it will really suit him and I agree," said Dons boss Russell Martin.

Robson, 24, played 36 times in 2020-21 as Blackpool went up from League One.

He came through Sunderland's academy and made 14 first-team appearances for the club, while he also spent time on loan at Dundee and Grimsby.

"I had a chat with the gaffer here and I believe MK Dons is a club that is going places. I was part of a successful Blackpool team last season and hopefully I can bring some of that positivity here," he said.

MK Dons finished 13th in League One in 2020-21, nine points outside the play-off places.

4 hours ago, David said:

Are you surprised? I'm more shocked when we see a post of his that doesn't mention O'Hara. He has a weird, creepy fascination with the guy. 

Maybe it's his hair. Or his winning smile that he loves? Who knows.

No need to use your position to be sanctimonious. 

The poster answered his own question so thought it wasn’t worthy of reply - simply put, others on here have remarked who offers the energy that I (and I don’t doubt they’ll be others) dispute.

You’ve levelled at me I have a weird, creepy fascination - churlish to say the least. 

Your closing gambit only serves to ingratiate you with the forum sycophants the rest of us see as bullied at school wankers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

No need to use your position to be sanctimonious. 

Makes bid for moral high ground...

The poster answered his own question so thought it wasn’t worthy of reply - simply put, others on here have remarked who offers the energy that I (and I don’t doubt they’ll be others) dispute.

So far, so good...

You’ve levelled at me I have a weird, creepy fascination - churlish to say the least. 

Good point, almost there...

Your closing gambit only serves to ingratiate you with the forum sycophants the rest of us see as bullied at school wankers.

And... fucked it up, right at the last!

Although given the breaking KVV news, I doubt anyone much cares, one way or the other.

• Haha 2

I actually think van veen will be decent for us and get a similar return to what cole got last season,hopefully watt can stay clear of injury as we know he can be a real assett for us,throw in the unexpected factor from woolery and shields and i think we will be much better off in the striking department than we were last season.

40 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Pay what it takes to get Kelly back here. We will get a good return on our Money. 

Not to diminish Kelly's abilities - he is excellent and I'd be delighted to see him back - but the nature of the position means there are usually a number of good loanee options that we can probably get within our budget. Just look at Newcastle Utd's third choice for example.

• David locked this topic