2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

43 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

On paper and on screen  Van Veen looks to be a good signing. Hopefully he can remain injury free. It remains to be seen what our best striking combination will be. 

At least we now have proper like for like options off the bench.

14 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Now for the midfield and defence.

Yes still a lot to do. Up front it looks ok on paper now but we will only know when the serious stuff kicks off. I was quite excited by the signing of Seedorf.

None of these guys have played at our level so a lot remains to be seen if they can cut it.

At least van Veen has a track record of scoring goals.

Our midfield rebuild is going to be the most important part of the close season along side perhaps getting a new goalkeeper since that number 1 shirt is currently vacant on the squad list.

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

Not to diminish Kelly's abilities - he is excellent and I'd be delighted to see him back - but the nature of the position means there are usually a number of good loanee options that we can probably get within our budget. Just look at Newcastle Utd's third choice for example.

I’ll take either 

32 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

None of these guys have played at our level so a lot remains to be seen if they can cut it.

At least van Veen has a track record of scoring goals.

Our midfield rebuild is going to be the most important part of the close season along side perhaps getting a new goalkeeper since that number 1 shirt is currently vacant on the squad list.

“Played at our level” LOL

Van Veen played for Alexander in League 1

Woolery has played League 1 and 2

What exactly is “our level” if it is not comparably somewhere between those 2 divisions?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, weeyin said:

Given how long it has taken recent signings from those leagues to get fit when they join us, "our level" seems to be above that - at least if it's fitness levels we're talking about.

Fitness wasn't an issue for Hartley, Aldred, Cole, Long or Lang who all came from League One. 

11 hours ago, weeyin said:

Given how long it has taken recent signings from those leagues to get fit when they join us, "our level" seems to be above that - at least if it's fitness levels we're talking about.

There were several issues with players in the Jan window. Suspect that was down to lack of game time than the level of the leagues they came from.

Getting a full pre-season should be fine. 

I still believe the Scottish Championship will have some decent players to scoop up. 

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

Fitness wasn't an issue for Hartley, Aldred, Cole, Long or Lang who all came from League One. 

Finding players at a good Fitness level or getting  them to that point is the easy bit. Trying to combine that with proven ability or the potential to step up in ability in a better league to go with the Fitness is the challenge for every Louis Moult there are 4 or 5 Sherwin Seedorfs.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Finding players at a good Fitness level or getting  them to that point is the easy bit. Trying to combine that with proven ability or the potential to step up in ability in a better league to go with the Fitness is the challenge for every Louis Moult there are 4 or 5 Sherwin Seedorfs.

Are you saying then that the SPL is a better standard than league 1?

Can't believe we have Jake Hastie back on loan. Absolute waste of a jersey. Of all the people we let go he was the one I did not want back. This for me is a big mistake I have seen plastic bags blowing about Fir Park who present a bigger danger to opposition defences than him. :angry:

5 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Can't believe we have Jake Hastie back on loan. Absolute waste of a jersey. Of all the people we let go he was the one I did not want back. This for me is a big mistake I have seen plastic bags blowing about Fir Park who present a bigger danger to opposition defences than him. :angry:

Where was that announced ??

12 minutes ago, Well Well said:

It’s a wind up mate

16 hours ago, Gadgey said:

“Played at our level” LOL

Van Veen played for Alexander in League 1

Woolery has played League 1 and 2

What exactly is “our level” if it is not comparably somewhere between those 2 divisions?

Our level is Scottish Premiership.  Remind me what Scottish Premiership teams these guys have played?

Maybe some teams in our league are comparably with League 1 and League 2 but not all which is why our league is unique in and of itself.

Oh, and we've signed players from League 1 and 2  before that have failed.  It remains to be seen if any of these players adapt to 'our level'. 

Personally I'll judge these guys on what they do in a Motherwell shirt, rather than making claims about players I've never seen kick a ball. 

If you want to put your cards on the table now instead of say, December, cos we signed someone that played half a season for Bolton 5 years ago, that's fine by me.

49 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Our level is Scottish Premiership.  Remind me what Scottish Premiership teams these guys have played?

Maybe some teams in our league are comparably with League 1 and League 2 but not all which is why our league is unique in and of itself.

Oh, and we've signed players from League 1 and 2  before that have failed.  It remains to be seen if any of these players adapt to 'our level'. 

Personally I'll judge these guys on what they do in a Motherwell shirt, rather than making claims about players I've never seen kick a ball. 

If you want to put your cards on the table now instead of say, December, cos we signed someone that played half a season for Bolton 5 years ago, that's fine by me.

Spin spin spin

Not really what was said but crack on with telling yourself and everyone else that your correct.

• Like 1

• David locked this topic