2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

34 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Bit off topic, but does anyone know if Lasley is still part of the coaching team? Don't remember seeing anything official that he'd left, but haven't seen anything of him lately. 

He's with Alexander and Boles at 2:31 of this video from the other week.

• Like 1

I never expected kelly back even on loan so to have him signed permanently is brilliant.thats right up there with the best bits of business we have done in a long time,those behind the scenes that have made it happen have played an absolute blinder here.

17 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

i told yous this 2 month ago ??? hahahah. delighted he’s back, wonder how much of a transfer fee we’ve paid, and i cant imagine his wages will be cheap either

Edited by RobbieMFC
  • Haha 1

Outstanding business from the club and credit to the Board for making it possible. The shift in transfer policy from the Robinson regime is clearly apparent and one which I welcome. Not to be greedy but a couple of further signings in the Kelly or KVV mould would set us up well for the new season. 

Good luck to Kelly, should he go onto replicate his form from last season, a Scotland call-up won’t be far away. 

On 7/3/2021 at 7:47 PM, weeyin said:

I'll believe it when I see the official announcement, but I always said that the players voting him as Players' Player  of the Year was a masterstroke if we were hoping he'd come back.

I believe!

6 minutes ago, RobbieMFC said:

apparently 20k paid for kelly, don’t mind that at all, considering we paid 10k for carson a few seasons back

If it’s 20k it’s an absolute steal. The last couple of signings really do show a change in policy, better players and a smaller squad, hopefully another 3 or so come in that also raise everyones spirits. It’s taken a while but we’ll worth the wait, big up to those involved in the deal.

Just now, Yorkyred said:

If it’s 20k it’s an absolute steal.

Would guess it'll cost us in wages and potential sell-ons instead, but yes... certainly a refreshing change of approach, let's hope it works out for all concerned.

I’m going to put it out there and say we’ve just got ourself an EPL capable keeper on a 3 year contract. How he never got another championship team I’ll never know. By the way he was class for QPR as well and had a really good run in the side for a long while but fair play to the club on working day and night to get the deal done.

12 minutes ago, RobbieMFC said:

apparently 20k paid for kelly, don’t mind that at all, considering we paid 10k for carson a few seasons back

Not bad considering QPR are supposed to have only paid Livi 50k.

Wonder if they had a sell on clause.

• David locked this topic