2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

29 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Not a chance that's what we paid.

Why not, its not a lot of money for a decent player, plus we have made a few million in transfer fees in recent years so I doubt the club is as skint as we all think it is, also why would QPR tell lies, if its not that amount, £300k is spare change for a club their size.

£20k seems very cheap but he asked to leave and QPR said they would not stand in his way. So maybe they were not too hard to deal with.

Also they are about to sign Jordan Archer on a free to take Kelly's place as number two goalkeeper as he has been freed by Boro.

It could be the Clubs agreed a nominal fee with the possibility of add ons if we sell Kelly for a nice profit down the line. I very much doubt we paid anything like £300k but I'm just delighted he is back where he belongs.

18 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Why not, its not a lot of money for a decent player, plus we have made a few million in transfer fees in recent years so I doubt the club is as skint as we all think it is, also why would QPR tell lies, if its not that amount, £300k is spare change for a club their size.

QPR aren't telling lies. The twitter account that appeared on isn't theirs and if a fee had been made public 100% it would have appeared in the media reports.

5 hours ago, coylealan said:

Given we haggled over Carson coming here for literally a few grand I can't imagine we are paying very much for Kelly.

Motherwell will haggle over a few pence, never mind grand, every penny a prisoner and has been for the most part outside of Boyle's scatter cash era

May have to look for someone else as Jordan Roberts may not be returning

From BBC Gossip

Manager Robbie Neilson will give Jordan Roberts the chance to revive his Hearts career once the 27-year-old recovers from the niggling injury that ended his loan spell with Motherwell last season as the Englishman enters the final year of his contract. (Edinburgh Evening News)

May have to look for someone else as Jordan Roberts may not be returning
From BBC Gossip
Manager Robbie Neilson will give Jordan Roberts the chance to revive his Hearts career once the 27-year-old recovers from the niggling injury that ended his loan spell with Motherwell last season as the Englishman enters the final year of his contract. (Edinburgh Evening News)

Given the signings we made I reckon that ship sailed a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/11/2021 at 4:33 PM, GazzyB said:

A fit and healthy Griffiths with his head screwed on would be a fantastic signing.

I made a note to come back to this post when the aforementioned head inevitably unscrewed, I just didn't think it would happen so soon. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Electric Blues said:

I always forget about you proper ex-pats! 

Leigh Griffiths: Celtic striker sent home from training camp over online messages

The Celtic thread on Pie & Bovril is currently coming along nicely...

Must be a Texas thing, because in my part of the US we have electricity, the internet and search engines.

18 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Must be a Texas thing, because in my part of the US we have electricity, the internet and search engines.

Yes, we are not very good down here with electricity. ERCOT - (electric reliability council of Texas) not quite covered themselves in glory of late. 

11 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Except when everyone in Brooklyn turns on their AC :D
You live near Brooklyn right? 

ERCOT actually have a bunch of their customers with thermostats that ERCOT can control.  Instead of building/maintaining a system that provide enough power they crank all their thermostats up a few degrees in the summer to reduce the load!! Luckily we are not one of them. 

20 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Except when everyone in Brooklyn turns on their AC :D
You live near Brooklyn right? 

It's trees that usually cause our blackouts. Either from wind during storms (like Elsa heading our way this evening) or in the winter, when the snow and ice accumulates, and the branches fall off onto the power lines.

Although, weirdly, in the big 2003 blackout when most of the North East and some of the Midwest lost power, ours was still working.

• David locked this topic