2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

40 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

While I don’t get too fussed over pre season results. It does worry me a little, that we didn’t score any goals in the two games so far. 

Creative midfielders ?

• Like 1

We didnt create much today, Millwall controlled large parts of game, we had a few chances but nothing much else. Watt looked our most likely and Woorley looks like a good addition. 

They were a really good side, the Millwall fans i was talking to seem impressed with their pre season so not looking into this result to much

4 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

They all sound the same…………Branigan, Fannigan, Milligan, Gilligan, Duffy, McCuffy, Malachy, Mahone,
Rafferty, Lafferty, Donnelly, Connelly, Dooley, O'Hooley, Muldowney, Malone,
Madigan, Cadigan, Lanihan, Flanihan, Fagan, O'Hagan, O'Hoolihan, Flynn,
Shanihan, Manihan, Fogarty, Hogarty, Kelly, O'Kelly, McGuinness, McGuinn.:scratchhead:

You watched Trumpton as a wean didn't you,

Pugh,  Hugh, barney mgGrew, Cuthbert, dibble and Grub.

Or was it the RTE Irish version :)

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

You watched Trumpton as a wean didn't you,

Pugh,  Hugh, barney mgGrew, Cuthbert, dibble and Grub.

Or was it the RTE Irish version :)

Was a big Trumpton fan  in my childhood………unfortunately down to an old tradesman whos  family were from Donegal when I was serving my apprenticeship in the early 80’s …….always used to recite this song ………which had to google earlier …..called “Dear Old Donegal” by Bing Crosby ……..Goodnight  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

While I don’t get too fussed over pre season results. It does worry me a little, that we didn’t score any goals in the two games so far. 

And we've slipped to 4th in our League Cup group!!!!

Having flashbacks to the season Ayr Utd pumped us 4 0 in a pre season friendly and this place was to be avoided at all costs due to the doom.and gloom.

We finished 2nd in the league.

Results in pre season friendlies mean SFA.

Chill oot guys.

4 minutes ago, santheman said:

Results in pre season friendlies mean SFA.

I'm not even that bothered about how we do in the League Cup group, it's just some extra pre-season games these days, though of course we wouldn't want to be papped out at that stage. Serious business starts on day 1 of the league.

15 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Was a big Trumpton fan  in my childhood………unfortunately down to an old tradesman whos  family were from Donegal when I was serving my apprenticeship in the early 80’s …….always used to recite this song ………which had to google earlier …..called “Dear Old Donegal” by Bing Crosby ……..Goodnight  

ma tradesman was from new stevenson and his choice of vocals was the feckin crystal chandelier    and  by feck he only knew the first verse :whistle: 

a hope the firbaw hurrys up as were talkin some shite on here noo 

• Haha 1

The irish centre half from Leicester played. 

Another big physical cantre half who's first name was Christian, he looked not bad, he had a similar physical presence as Kipre.

he looked a bit better than the Irish lad but hard to judge either of them.

At half time an athletic looking central midfielder came, he was tidy on the ball, reminded me of the role Andy Rose played. Think is first name was Mikel or similar, i heard after game he has been training with us for 4 months but was recovering from a lengthy injury, he looked quite comfartable with the ball.

Think there were a couple of trialists who didnt get on.

It was a really tough game so hard to judge anyone of them espically from my point on the hill watching the game 

Mi'chel Parker, ex Liverpool and West Ham - can play CB or CM - that's one identified, albeit on trial for 4 months doesn't really strike me as someone who has impressed greatly?

Would be nice to see a couple of signings ahead of the QP game, notably in defence and midfield.

While it would be nice to see a couple of signings before the QP game, the window is open until the end of August. A lot of the players from down south in particular don't become available until teams start finalising their squads next month, so if we have to wait for who we want, that's fine too.

31 minutes ago, Wellfan91 said:

Would be nice to see a couple of signings ahead of the QP game, notably in defence and midfield.

Certainly with Grimshaw and Mugabi still out and Donnelly still building up we are a bit short in central defence and midfield.

1 hour ago, Wellfan91 said:

Good find Mio! Looks a not bad player, Kipre mould was mentioned, would maybe be worth a shout

What do some base the ‘Looks not a bad player’ on? Kipré mould? Size, mobility or colour (not that it should matter)?

All that from watching from afar. Deary me 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

What do some base the ‘Looks not a bad player’ on? Kipré mould? Size, mobility or colour (not that it should matter)?

All that from watching from afar. Deary me 

Just to clarify my first impression was he looked ok but did say you cant judge in a bouce game, Kipre was used as comparison re physical presence i didnt say he was the next Kipre.

As for watching from afar yoy may have a point as my hearing seems to have failed me, Christian was actually Jesse, now established to be Jesse Debrah ex millwall 

3 minutes ago, 1991 said:

Just to clarify my first impression was he looked ok but did say you cant judge in a bouce game, Kipre was used as comparison re physical presence i didnt say he was the next Kipre.

As for watching from afar yoy may have a point as my hearing seems to have failed me, Christian was actually Jesse, now established to be Jesse Debrah ex millwall 

Unlikely given he's a forward...

• David locked this topic