2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

22 minutes ago, 1991 said:

Just to clarify my first impression was he looked ok but did say you cant judge in a bouce game, Kipre was used as comparison re physical presence i didnt say he was the next Kipre.

As for watching from afar yoy may have a point as my hearing seems to have failed me, Christian was actually Jesse, now established to be Jesse Debrah ex millwall 

What were the players calling him Chris for?

34 minutes ago, 1991 said:

Its def Debrah, i checked internet and saw forward then looked on transfer market and saw he is listed as CB.

Obviously I looked at the same link you did initially. He doesn't seem to have played too much first team football. If the internet is to be believed (always a big if), David Devine has even played more than him with his meagre six first team games. Doesn't suggest someone that is going to be able to hit the ground running...

Sounds that way. He's been on trial for quite a while, so I'm surprised we've only signed him until January. I'm guessing we need the cover in actual games right now, so signing him short term give us that while we assess him further.

I hope he continues to blow us away with gradual improvement :-)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Onthefringes said:

Bit of a stretch saying he was at West Ham. He played a trial game…

Just going by the, albeit short, Sky Sports page that had quoted a squad number (76)

https://www.skysports.com/football/player/172908/michel-parker

But I did say it was a "brief google search" - I'm still at work here.

36 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Mrs Grizzly just asked me if Well had signed Parker,   I said 'Yes M'Lady'  ba boom.    Good to see us sign a defensive midfielder cos we badly needed one.......not

One for the old folks there or do they still show re runs on tv? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

The Academy structure at big clubs down south really does just hoover up young players. There must be thousands of lads about 20-23 who've been with these big clubs academies and never even been near the first team in training never mind near a match day squad. 

and we sign all of them :banghead:

13 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

There is about 7 weeks till the transfer window closes.

I'd rather get the right guys than who ever is willing to sign now.

There’s also two weeks until the season starts and 4 games against opposition (before the window closes) that we need to be taking 8 points from if we’re serious about sitting in the top 6 next April…

5 minutes ago, Kmac said:

There’s also two weeks until the season starts and 4 games against opposition (before the window closes) that we need to be taking 8 points from if we’re serious about sitting in the top 6 next April…

So, if we get beaten once in the opening four games, come April - ten months way - we'll be bottom six.

Even for a Motherwell fan, thats an impressive dedication to pessimism there. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CoF said:

So, if we get beaten once in the opening four games, come April - ten months way - we'll be bottom six.

Even for a Motherwell fan, thats an impressive dedication to pessimism there. 

Not at all, but realistically, our opening 4 fixtures are quite kind to us, it’s going to be a tough league this season and capitalizing on every opportunity will be vital

• David locked this topic