2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

6 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

I'd be astounded. Plays for Galatasaray. Outwith our budget on that basis...

Why is he outwith our budget,  Messi was available on a free transfer we were just too slow to respond ahead of PSG, need to think big. :)

8 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

having played for Valencia, West Ham and Galatasry I'm sure he's always had one eye on coming to FP for the last few years of his career. 

It was always his dream to play in Claret and Amber...

...now he's done that, next on his list is to play in slightly disappointing black.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Why is he outwith our budget,  Messi was available on a free transfer we were just too slow to respond ahead of PSG, need to think big. :)

Burrows Out !!

If we are going to go crazy with our Scottish government loan the following players are available on frees.

Jerome Boateng

Diego Costa

Radja Nainggolan

David Luiz

Franck Ribery

Hatem Ben Arfa

Shkodran Mustafi

Maicon

Daniel Sturridge

Get wee Nicola to start signing these off and it's a start on filling up our empty squad numbers.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

If we are going to go crazy with our Scottish government loan the following players are available on frees.

Jerome Boateng

Diego Costa

Radja Nainggolan

David Luiz

Franck Ribery

Hatem Ben Arfa

Shkodran Mustafi

Maicon

Daniel Sturridge

From that list I've only ever heard of Ribery.  Do the others play for lower league teams?

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

From that list I've only ever heard of Ribery.  Do the others play for lower league teams?

:lol: I don't really watch much football outside Scotland anymore but how on earth have you not heard of Diego Costa or David Luiz?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

Parker another pointless body. 

We sign at least one of those every single fucking year! 

You think of Newell, Fisher, Plummer, Sammon, McCormack, Sloth, Ilic, Seedorf, White, McGinley, Parker and much more who have come and gone, some even completely unnoticed over the past three or four years.

For a club that's never done banging on about limited and meagre budgets we don't half spunk it on utter dross constantly and some of whom don't even get near the first team. It's mental!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

We sign at least one of those every single fucking year! 

You think of Newell, Fisher, Plummer, Sammon, McCormack, Sloth, Ilic, Seedorf, White, McGinley, Parker and much more who have come and gone, some even completely unnoticed over the past three or four years.

For a club that's never done banging on about limited and meagre budgets we don't half spunk it on utter dross constantly and some of whom don't even get near the first team. It's mental!

I think we are always going to go with a couple of fairly cheap long shots.

10 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Don't forget wee Robbo jnr. 

Newell getting an extension but the club not announcing because he was so shite is probably the pinnacle of this. He's playing in the 6th tier of English football now so he might be back on our radar if he can match the 2 goals Amalozur scored last season. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Yorkyred said:

I think we are always going to go with a couple of fairly cheap long shots.

Granted but at the same time we need to be signing the right players who are actually going to make an impact.

Far, far too often we falling short on this and it just seems like our recruitment policy is just sign X amount of players, usually from the English lower leagues and hope we can find a decent one in among them.

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

Don't forget wee Robbo jnr. 

Newell getting an extension but the club not announcing because he was so shite it is probably the pinnacle of this. He's playing in the 6th tier of English football now so he might be back on our radar if he can match the 2 goals Amalozur scored last season. 

Was Newell's dad (Mike) not an ex team mate/friend of Robinson's or something along they lines?

• David locked this topic