2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

5 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Don't know anything about the lad but hardly a goalscorer that said he's been getting a lot of games and at a good level so don't see why he wouldn't do a job for us.

10 in 10 games was his best streak and he appears clinical in his videos (i know mainly agent videos, I know). The fans are also dismayed at him leaving and have said he would be agreat signing for his new club which is usually a decent sign. Its just a left field, clutching at straws type of thing. :D

3 hours ago, Well Well said:

I see Scott Kashket  a striker was leaving his club by mutual consent to join an as yet un named club before the end of the transfer deadline. Seems like a hard working striker and wonder if it was somebody that GA would show an interest in. Not like we are prolific in front of goal just now.

Starting to feel like it doesn't really matter who we bring in as the strikers we have already get limited, almost zero service.  Hammering long high balls constantly I'm sure is not the sort of service any striker wants. Not saying the long ball isn't a tactic to be used sometimes, but we never seem to play it  to their feet. or knock it on the ground past them for them to run onto.

I do think that the formation is causing a lot of our issues and also having a weak midfield. Will be interesting to see who comes in tomorrow.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, parko66 said:

Starting to feel like it doesn't really matter who we bring in as the strikers we have already get limited, almost zero service.  Hammering long high balls constantly I'm sure is not the sort of service any striker wants. Not saying the long ball isn't a tactic to be used sometimes, but we never seem to play it  to their feet. or knock it on the ground past them for them to run onto.

I do think that the formation is causing a lot of our issues and also having a weak midfield. Will be interesting to see who comes in tomorrow.

completely agree. No matter who the 3 midfielders are most of the bottom 6 clubs will put 4 or 5 players against it .

I'm hoping that we bring in a decent right midfielder who can pass - that way we can have Goss, and TBC wide midfield with O'Hara and Slattery giving us a bit of dig in the centre.

I genuinely believe we're only a couple of players away from being really solid but only if we change formation

6 hours ago, Well Well said:

I see Scott Kashket  a striker was leaving his club by mutual consent to join an as yet un named club before the end of the transfer deadline. Seems like a hard working striker and wonder if it was somebody that GA would show an interest in. Not like we are prolific in front of goal just now.

Signed for Crewe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58388845

26 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

I see Ali Crawford has went to St Johnstone and Leigh Griffiths to Dundee.

I wouldn't have minded Crawford but I know a fair few on here would be against it.

I'm glad we didn't go for Griffiths.

Even Accies fans I know don't rate Crawford...

56 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

FLAT BACK 7 for the last 15 mins

I've got a feeling we're going to see A LOT of that this season. 

We aren't going to be a fluid, freescoring outfit, but neither can I see us leaking too many if big Sondre settles in well alongside Ojala.

I can see a lot of our games being settled by just the one goal, and if it's us sitting 1-0 up midway through the 2nd half, then THE WALL will be deployed. It makes for grim viewing, but can't argue about its success so far.

This season definitely ain't gonna be McGhee Mk1 style, edge of your seat stuff that's for sure.

1 minute ago, mfcdez said:

I've got a feeling we're going to see A LOT of that this season. 

We aren't going to be a fluid, freescoring outfit, but neither can I see us leaking too many if big Sondre settles in well alongside Ojala.

I can see a lot of our games being settled by just the one goal, and if it's us sitting 1-0 up midway through the 2nd half, then THE WALL will be deployed. It makes for grim viewing, but can't argue about its success so far.

This season definitely ain't gonna be McGhee Mk1 style, edge of your seat stuff that's for sure.

If we're as successful as Jim MacLean's Dundee United were at playing this way then I won't complain.

• Like 2

All good teams need a solid defence and hopefully we’re on the way to being that. It would certainly make a change from the past few years anyway.

Welcome to our great average sized, firmly established top flight club Sondre Solholm. :thumbup:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I see the usual "great signing " comments on twitter. Seriously how do guys come out with that bollocks we will only know if he's a great signing once he plays.

in comparison to what we have already? I agree with them.

I see Ali Crawford has went to St Johnstone and Leigh Griffiths to Dundee.
I wouldn't have minded Crawford but I know a fair few on here would be against it.
I'm glad we didn't go for Griffiths.

Would have loved to have seen Crawford at Fir Park - cracking player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• David locked this topic