2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

1 hour ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Still think we are missing a passing midfielder and hope we can pick something even after window shuts.

Interesting.

I haven't seen much of Goss and Slattery but have been led to believe that they are both passing midfielders. Goss, the creative one who can pick out a pass and Slattery the "Gorrin" all rounder type who can also pass. If we are also after a 3rd central midfielder(I'm not convinced that we are) then that surely would be a defensive midfielder to compete with or replace Donnelly, who is essentially a defender. 

12 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Some size of squad we have just now. 

Would have liked to see us move on some deadwood like Crawford etc but hey ho. 

Maybe some will be allowed to leave the club by mutual consent, after the deadline, so they can go find a club. I think that’s allowed? 

1 minute ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

If he picked Barrow over us, then you've really got to question the boys judgement 

Maybe he's trying to emulate Jacob Blyth's success. (Or maybe all the rumours are just bollocks and we never offered him anything anyway.)

5 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Only surprise in the return of Roberts is it didn't happen before now.

Earlier in the month I read Hearts were looking to sell him to one of the English clubs that were allegedly showing interest, but they "wouldn't be difficult to deal with".

I guess none of them wanted to pony up.

7 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Earlier in the month I read Hearts were looking to sell him to one of the English clubs that were allegedly showing interest, but they "wouldn't be difficult to deal with".

I guess none of them wanted to pony up.

He’s on good money at Hearts. Maybe other clubs not matching his wages and he decided to stay put and take the cash.

Be interesting to know what % of his salary we’re paying 

If Roberts produces what he did last time that’s a good signing. Hopefully with what we have now with the addition of another wide man, midfielder, and two centre halves we should be in a pretty good place. You could argue another midfielder would have been nice but we can’t really complain given he’s added to the areas everyone wanted to see strengthened.

29 minutes ago, Richie said:

KVV, Watt and Roberts has the makings of a decent front line

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

All 3 of them can actually control the ball, hold it or beat players. Will take some time to get used to that after watching our more recent signings over the past 2 years or so. 

• David locked this topic