2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

16 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Roberts was a big part of our upturn last season. Attitude and commitment was superb so I think he will deliver again. As said above him Watt and KVV has potential. 

Alright if he maintains the tune Alexander got out of him. Stats don’t lie & his ain’t great bar 2 and a half games last season till teams sussed him out.

3 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Alright if he maintains the tune Alexander got out of him. Stats don’t lie & his ain’t great bar 2 and a half games last season till teams sussed him out.

Looked better than Woolery or Amaluzor have shown so far.

Plus it adds competition for places.

Some decent business on the face of it this summer. Some big shithouse defenders and a few more midfield/attacking players who like they actually have a touch is an upgrade. Looking forward to seeing how it comes together in the next few games.

A first team squad of 27 is a lot so it will be interesting to see who moves out on loan. Some championship experience for Cornelius, Devine and Johnstone would be good.

20 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Looked better than Woolery or Amaluzor have shown so far.

Plus it adds competition for places.

Not disagreeing. Bigger step up for both the players you mention & whilst it’s a stretch to expect them to be having the best spells of their career with immediate impact I’d wager if Roberts doesn’t maintain his 2 and a half game form of last season he’ll fare no better than them.

21 minutes ago, Walker86 said:

Some decent business on the face of it this summer. Some big shithouse defenders and a few more midfield/attacking players who like they actually have a touch is an upgrade. Looking forward to seeing how it comes together in the next few games.

A first team squad of 27 is a lot so it will be interesting to see who moves out on loan. Some championship experience for Cornelius, Devine and Johnstone would be good.

Better hope they all overcome injury before end of September then…

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

he was injured , if you saw what he did for us last year and his goal for ICT v us in cup,  hes got something,  just hasn't worked for him at hearts  

47 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

he was injured , if you saw what he did for us last year and his goal for ICT v us in cup,  hes got something,  just hasn't worked for him at hearts  

Eh? Injury was how the others sussed him being a threat… kicked him off the park.

I did see what he did for us last year & recognised that - if we get that consistency we’re onto something. Plenty to say we may not, but, he scored a worldy & failing under the coaching of Robbie Neilson is something to base hopes on? Deary me!

6 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Eh? Injury was how the others sussed him being a threat… kicked him off the park.

I did see what he did for us last year & recognised that - if we get that consistency we’re onto something. Plenty to say we may not, but, he scored a worldy & failing under the coaching of Robbie Neilson is something to base hopes on? Deary me!

Maybe says more about Neilson's coaching abilities :lol:

I could be wrong but the last injury with us, did a player not fall on top of him? bit of a freak one, cant remember who we were playing?

dismissing scoring a 30 yarder? cos we've all done that, we cant afford the finished articles , got to take a punt on potential/ a hunch etc, most fans will be happy but you enjoy being contrary.He may fail on his arse , that's the chance we take.

1 hour ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

dismissing scoring a 30 yarder? cos we've all done that, we cant afford the finished articles , got to take a punt on potential/ a hunch etc, most fans will be happy but you enjoy being contrary.He may fail on his arse , that's the chance we take.

Contrary? Perhaps read what was said rather than playing with words?

A 30 yarder when? 5/6 years ago? Certainly added to a massive career tally… Nobody has mentioned finished articles and taking chances. You’re advocating taking a punt on a 27 year old. That’s the stretch for me.

It's a fair point from Yodo, this is mostly Alexander's team now he has to live or die by his performances/results.

Kelly

Ojala

Johansen 

Slattery

Goss

Woolery 

Amaluzor 

Van Veen 

Roberts

Lawless (possibly a question mark there if he was fully his signing)

So other than the full backs he's brought in a full new team. Let's see what they can do.

The raft of new signings must raise questions over the future of squad players like Crawford and Lawless. Perhaps we'll see one or both going out on loan toa Championship club later this month. On paper at least some good business this window and IF that translates to good players on the pitch then our longer term strategy of 2/3 years deal should see us move more towards a St Johnstone model of long term stability and continuity.

2 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Contrary? Perhaps read what was said rather than playing with words?

A 30 yarder when? 5/6 years ago? Certainly added to a massive career tally… Nobody has mentioned finished articles and taking chances. You’re advocating taking a punt on a 27 year old. That’s the stretch for me.

i am no playing with words, bud...I've read enough of your posts to form that opinion, so we shouldn't have gone for him, is that what ur saying ? 

players generally peak in late 20s, so u never know.

Pretty pleased with the business we have done.

The areas of the park that required addressing have been addressed.

Of course, it remains to be seen if any of the signings will be a success, but thats football.

Lets all now get behind the manager and the players  and give them the encouragement and support they need!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

i am no playing with words, bud...I've read enough of your posts to form that opinion, so we shouldn't have gone for him, is that what ur saying ? 

players generally peak in late 20s, so u never know.

Bully for you on your opinion.

‘so we shouldn’t have gone for him, is that what ur saying ?’  At no point have I alluded to that so playing with words is exactly what you’ve done :blink:

• David locked this topic