2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

18 hours ago, steelboy said:

A shambles from the SFA if they didn't know the rules in Denmark until today despite obviously knowing O'Donnell's situation for near enough a fortnight. 

Indeed. I’m no expert, but looking at Denmark’s entry requirements, it appears that if you’ve previously tested positive for COVID then you’re only allowed to enter Denmark from an “orange” country (which includes the UK) if your reason is on their list of “worthy purposes”, which professional sport does not appear to be. Unless it counts as “a business meeting”, I suppose…

https://en.coronasmitte.dk/rules-and...esident-abroad

7 minutes ago, numpty said:

Indeed. I’m no expert, but looking at Denmark’s entry requirements, it appears that if you’ve previously tested positive for COVID then you’re only allowed to enter Denmark from an “orange” country (which includes the UK) if your reason is on their list of “worthy purposes”, which professional sport does not appear to be. Unless it counts as “a business meeting”, I suppose…

https://en.coronasmitte.dk/rules-and...esident-abroad

Apparently playing sport does count...

Screenshot_20210901-122007_Chrome.jpg

Now we know who we have,and if all are fit,wots the system and team u r playing..ive racked my brains t try n fit them all in

Kelly

Bevis      ojala       lamie

Sod      slattery      goss        jake

Watt

Roberts         kvv

Tried t get grimmy into a holding midfield for his workrate alone and too free up slattery n goss on that basis roberts would drop out n watt would move forward one...wouldnt want t b GA

37 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Apparently playing sport does count...

Hmm, still seems a bit ambiguous to me, sounds like that's saying you can enter Denmark to start a job as a sportsperson or an artist, which would be different from doing it as a visitor.

Anyway, not defending the SFA one iota as they should have been well on top of it, but having had to travel twice during the pandemic, I have a tiny bit of sympathy --  the clarity of information available to people having to go from A to B is generally pretty abysmal.

27 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

Now we know who we have,and if all are fit,wots the system and team u r playing..ive racked my brains t try n fit them all in

Kelly

Bevis      ojala       lamie

Sod      slattery      goss        jake

Watt

Roberts         kvv

Tried t get grimmy into a holding midfield for his workrate alone and too free up slattery n goss on that basis roberts would drop out n watt would move forward one...wouldnt want t b GA                

In 20+ league matches under Alexander we've played 3 at the back once so I just don't see that happening unless he's had a complete change of mind.

Alexander could have changed the 4-3-3 when he first arrived, he could have changed it at the beginning of this season and he did neither so I think he'll probably continue with it.

Kelly

O'Donnell - Ojala - Lamie - Carroll

O'Hara - Slattery - Goss

Watt - Van Veen - Roberts

That way you have left footers all down the left, right footers all down the right, seems balanced.  

32 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

In 20+ league matches under Alexander we've played 3 at the back once so I just don't see that happening unless he's had a complete change of mind.

Alexander could have changed the 4-3-3 when he first arrived, he could have changed it at the beginning of this season and he did neither so I think he'll probably continue with it.

Kelly

O'Hara - Slattery - Goss

That way you have left footers all down the left, right footers all down the right, seems balanced.  

In time I would hope to see the big norwegian bloke in place of Lamie but apart from that I would agree with your selection.

34 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Kelly

O'Hara - Slattery - Goss

I'd imagine that but with Johansen in for Lamie (as I'm sure I've read he's also a left footer) and with McGinley I for Carrol while he's banned.

Sondre is a right footer but seems to have played predominantly at LCB.

I'd expect that the aim is for him to take over from lamie, unless the latter plays out of his skin and becomes undroppable.

I'd also expect Watt and Van Veen to make up 2 of the front 3 most weeks, with some half decent competition behind them.

21 minutes ago, Winning by Name said:

In time I would hope to see the big norwegian bloke in place of Lamie but apart from that I would agree with your selection.

I would expect to see the big fella start against Aberdeen as he has been playing recently .Aberdeen game is the start of the GA stewardship for me  so here's hoping he picks the right team and starts with a win 

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Kelly

O'Hara - Slattery - Goss

I get wot ur saying,but im trying t get an extra midfielder in there..we just seem t b over run..even against livy and dundee..i know we won those games,but my god my eyes were bleeding watching them.. and not having seen the new centre backs im only going on wot i know

1 hour ago, C&A not the shop said:

I'd imagine that but with Johansen in for Lamie (as I'm sure I've read he's also a left footer) and with McGinley I for Carrol while he's banned.

You might be right but Lamie has pretty much played ever match under Alexander.  So much so if Alexander has a 'go to guy' in the squad it's probably Lamie.

Time will tell, I guess.

13 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

You might be right but Lamie has pretty much played ever match under Alexander.  So much so if Alexander has a 'go to guy' in the squad it's probably Lamie.

Time will tell, I guess.

Given that Johansen is on a three year deal and left a high wage country to move here I don't think we signed him to back up Lamie. 

Alexander was hyping him up in one of the press conferences and was generally talking about signing players for the starting 11.

I suspect we'll continue with 4-3-3. 

3 man midfield isn't that strong  +  I don't believe we have 3 strong forward players.

Most of the forwards aren't wingers and aren't strikers - it's a pic and mix of players who simply aren't that good.    KVV and Watt seem the most obvious to pick from.

can but hope for a 3-5-2, 5-3-2, 4-4-2 type mix but GA so far shows little flex . 

3 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Not knocking folks but wondering  what has KVV done so far for folk to be endeared to him more so than most of our other signings?

Obviously I hope that he can be everything we hope he can be but apart from his good game against Hibs, I’m still wary about his impact. 

giphy.gif:D

• Haha 3

Not seen enough of KVV to see how good he is BUT have seen enough of Lawless, Justin, Woolery to give KVV the nod in front of them.  He at least looks like an out and out striker.

Unsure of Shields - assuming he's a striker who should be played through the middle -  no idea if he's better than KVV or the others 

3 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

Not knocking folks but wondering  what has KVV done so far for folk to be endeared to him more so than most of our other signings?

Obviously I hope that he can be everything we hope he can be but apart from his good game against Hibs, I’m still wary about his impact. 

Scored on his home SPL debut.

Can trap a bag of cement.

Told Willie Collum to "fuck off".

It's certainly a decent start.

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

His technical ability is higher then just about anyone else.

• David locked this topic