2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

• 2 weeks later...

Sondre and Ojala looked excellent yesterday. Proper centre halves that love to defend their box, but can play a bit too. Loved how Sondre was always playing with his head up looking around for where the danger was. I think we have upgraded massively in that area.

Slattery continues to impress in midfield. A very tidy player in the Gorrin mould. Hopefully with fewer rash tackles. We still need someone in there to help him though. Whether Goss will be that guy or we need to play an extra midfielder in there to stop us getting overun, Im not sure.

KVV is going to be a big player if we can keep him fit. He looks like he and Watt are starting to form a real understanding. Woolery looked a little better yesterday but for all his raw pace and power he still looks like the one with the most convincing to do. Hopefully he will settle and come good soon.

Overall. Reasons to be cheerful.

• Like 2

Everybody on the bench yesterday could have come on and done a job (haven’t seen Fox play for us) and SOD, Roberts, Carroll and O’Connor weren’t in the squad.  The rebuild is fairly advanced, is there anything missing that needs addressed in January?

Its good to see that this season's team seems to have a bit of character about it, in a good way. Individuals like Van Veen and Tony Watt seem to have a bit of devilment about them.  Loved the image from yesterday of Tony Watt mischieviously rubbing Scott Brown's bald pate. Class!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Lawless is away.  No real loss

Yip good riddance. Wasn’t good enough first time around and contributed nothing second time around. A pointless signing and a waste of a wage and it’s best for both parties to go their separate ways.

This pretty much confirms that his signing was agreed before Alexander came in. At the time I thought it was a good bit of business based on what he did for Livi and how he played against us, but he doesn't fit into our system at all. He was involved in our goal at St Johnstone and played a part in almost turning that game around. That doesn't cancel out the penalty miss at hibs though. He needed to be a far better player to overcome the unlikeablility factor.

Weird timing though.

20 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

I am not defending Steven but I don’t think he got much of a chance under GA , his problem was a bit injury prone which didn’t help him, I do wish him well for the future.

I think the reason for that is he is pish and GA got rid....simple

I see we have been linked with Ross Tierney of Bohemians to sign in January window, in fact it’s been mentioned on a 3 year deal, which is surprising as I have never heard of him and to be linked with him in middle of October for January window which suspect his agent has leaked to get more clubs interested, has anyone heard of the midfielder is any good?

23 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

which is surprising as I have never heard of him

In which case "Deal's aff,!"

Seriously, though, does the Irish league not finish in November or December? In which case there will be a few players looking for a move in January.

14 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

I see we have been linked with Ross Tierney of Bohemians to sign in January window, in fact it’s been mentioned on a 3 year deal, which is surprising as I have never heard of him and to be linked with him in middle of October for January window which suspect his agent has leaked to get more clubs interested, has anyone heard of the midfielder is any good?

He's the lad I mentioned in the Dundee United thread. 

20 years old, Irish under 21 international, central midfielder who can also play on the left I believe. Played 30 games this season for Bohemians, scored 4 and notched 14 assists. 

He seems to be highly rated from the couple of bits I've read online about him and being only 20,it would be a move that would make sense for us.players over there have definitely improved a lot in recent times,certainly since the days of the irish trio we signed.

On 10/20/2021 at 6:16 PM, middleeastdave said:

See my post above from September 13th ;)

• David locked this topic