2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

20 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

give the lad a couple of weeks off and then a wee mini preseason bring him in about 2nd week in Jan

Boy will need 2 games for everyone on here to say 'he's not good enough for this level'

2 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

See the Record is linking Alexander with the Preston job.

I'm sure he'd love to get that chance but I don't see them being interested. His record with us is good, but I don't think it's Championship club good.

Easy story to put out though and with us playing Celtic at the weekend it will attract more views.

When anything goes wrong at a Championship or lower level club they always blame everything on the Scottish guy (manager/player/coach etc).

Don't see them going for two Scots in a row!

I'd say it was lazy journalism, but I don't think they even applied that much effort to link ex-Preston player with Preston job. Usually when the papers say "is linked" they mean a journo came up with the idea.

I read the article, and there are literally zero sources or quotes about Alexander. At least the links to Callum Davidson have "reports have suggested" which at a minimum means someone else outside of the writer's imagination has said it too.

Championship side Preston North End have named Plymouth Argyle boss Ryan Lowe as their new manager.

The 43-year-old resigned from League One Argyle earlier on Tuesday after two and a half years in charge.

Lowe takes over at Deepdale from Frankie McAvoy, who was sacked on Monday with the club 18th in the table.

Plymouth have replaced Lowe with his assistant Steven Schumacher, the pair having guided the Devon side and Bury to League Two promotion together.

21 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

When anything goes wrong at a Championship or lower level club they always blame everything on the Scottish guy (manager/player/coach etc).

Don't see them going for two Scots in a row!

Glad this hasnt come to pass.

Ive been critical of the style of play at times this season, but you cant argue with GA's points return and the team has the feel of a work in progress. It would have been a shame not to get to see the finished product, which may take another couple of windows.

Re Ya Bezzers last point. I had to check, but it would have been 3 Scots managers in a row for PNE as McAvoy took over from Alex Neill.  I wonder if any English team has ever been that bold! :P

40 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Re Ya Bezzers last point. I had to check, but it would have been 3 Scots managers in a row for PNE as McAvoy took over from Alex Neill.  I wonder if any English team has ever been that bold! :P

Man U were considering Mark McGhee to follow on from Fergie and Moyes but eventually chose Louis Van Gaal. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, pretzel said:

According to the Daily Express, an English League One side is interested in Lamie. Sounds like a potential pre contract move could be on the cards opposed to a small fee should anything come to pass.

Good luck to the guy if this is true.

Signed as a left sided central defender and hung out to dry as a left back.

Switched back to his normal position and he's been Mr Consistency ever since changing the minds of some of his fiercest critics.

Would be sad to see him go but no player should pass up the chance to make some serious dough down South.

7 minutes ago, santheman said:

Good luck to the guy if this is true.

Signed as a left sided central defender and hung out to dry as a left back.

Switched back to his normal position and he's been Mr Consistency ever since changing the minds of some of his fiercest critics.

Would be sad to see him go but no player should pass up the chance to make some serious dough down South.

Yep funny how times change,  abuse the guy took last season was ridiculous,  now it would be sad if he left but I wouldn't deny him a big payday down south

And Tony might want to take a look at Cole's form since he moved. 10 appearances, 1 goal.

It's not an easy decision for someone like Watt. Whether he leaves or re-signs for us, this is likely to be his last "big" move.

He is enjoying his football at Fir Park, and that is down to the perfect combination of club, managers, players, fans and location. When these things fall into place everybody benefits. We can't pay top wages, however, so now he needs to decide if he wants more in his pocket at the risk of playing less games and having less fun, or if he wants to thrive at a club like ours.

If he does move on, there's no argument he deserves it.

All I took from that particular article, however, is "There has been no fall-out, with the talks completely amicable."

If there is any truth in it at all, it just sounds like standard negotiation tactics to me.

• Like 2

• David locked this topic