2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

10 minutes ago, mfc said:

You have to laugh at that balloon mcpake even mentioning watts name like he stands any chance of signing him.

Reminds me of when they tried to sign faddy way back .I can't listen  to mcpake,  would listen to a sportscene studio of David currie, shelly kerr and Stephen pressley ahead of him (and that's saying something)

I think regardless of where Watt goes he is gonna fade away. I was hoping he'd go down south and fade while earning 10-15K a week. 

Rumours mentioned see both Dundee clubs are where he is headed. I have no issue with him joining either on a daft wage and being Tony Watt of auld.

I hope Tony Watt scores 30 goals this season, helps us to the Scottish Cup forces his way into the Scotland squad and has his pick of Championship clubs queing up to throw money at him on a 4 year deal where he can take the league by storm and get promoted to the Premier League. Unfortunately his team will likely be relegated straight back down again and he can finish his contract and pop back up the road to us aged 33 where he will be warmly welcomed and finish his career with his granda's team.

More chance of that than him signing for Dundee!

22 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I think regardless of where Watt goes he is gonna fade away. I was hoping he'd go down south and fade while earning 10-15K a week. 

What makes you think that? Are you assuming that by leaving Fir Park he'll immediately abandon the incredible work ethic that has made all the difference to his game?

The guy has always been talented. We could see that during his early days at Celtic. His problem was his attitude and lack of effort in the other areas of his game. He's seemingly matured, and now knows what is required to succeed. I don't see him forgetting all that the minute he carries his boots out of Fir Park for the last time.

4 hours ago, David said:

What makes you think that? Are you assuming that by leaving Fir Park he'll immediately abandon the incredible work ethic that has made all the difference to his game?

He just seems a bit like the sort of person who's never quite settled anywhere before but happens to be a good fit at Motherwell. Sometimes that type of player does keep doing well after they've earned their move, but plenty don't.

Just now, Rammer said:

Tony Watt to Dundee Utd on a 3-year deal according to Daily Record.

If true that's good news. He was never going to re-sign and that allows us to move on and plan for a replacement. I would however question the leak unless it's his agent trying to attract a better deal from elsewhere.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mfc said:

If true,that's a shocking move for watt,clearly he will be earning shankland levels of money at them but as far as ambition goes,it's a total sideways move.

I agree , also is it not January before can talk to other clubs officially so how is it done already,  unless it’s 6 months from deal ending . Seems strange 1 when Championship teams interested but I would sell in Jan for small fee as players on pre contracts down tools aka Gallagher last season .

2 minutes ago, wellowell said:

I agree , also is it not January before can talk to other clubs officially so how is it done already,  unless it’s 6 months from deal ending . Seems strange 1 when Championship teams interested but I would sell in Jan for small fee as players on pre contracts down tools aka Gallagher last season .

If he has signed a pre contract with utd,we find ourselves in a bit of a dilemma,utd won't offer us anywhere near enough that it would make sense to sell him in january and would we want him going there anyway when were basically competing with them for 4th place.this won't go down well with a large section of our supporters and we could easily have another gallagher situation on our hands,where the player down tools.

Most footballers are mercenaries - there’s no surprise here. A 3yr deal on decent terms is no doubt a good bit more security than we could offer.

Alexander has a difficult task now but he handled the Gallagher gun to the head scenario last year very well and I trust him to manage a similar challenging process this year.    I would take £100k to get shot of him now if I’m honest

On 12/22/2021 at 5:35 PM, mfc said:

You have to laugh at that balloon mcpake even mentioning watts name like he stands any chance of signing him.

Reminds me of when they tried to sign faddy way back .I can't listen  to mcpake,  would listen to a sportscene studio of David currie, shelly kerr and Stephen pressley ahead of him (and that's saying something)

• David locked this topic