2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

That’s a strange move for Tony Watt, must still want to live in Scotland as surely he would make more money down south, but United are probably the worst team I’ve seen at Fir Park all season. 
All the best to him but going to a team that aren’t any better than us is pretty foolish.

United must be offering silly money for Watt to jump at that deal so quickly. Good luck to him if that’s the case, United really are a drab team to watch though. I hope we can sort something out for him to move in January to prevent things turning slightly sour, United have probably ploughed all their money into Watt’s signing-on fee though. 

This story has yet to be confirmed. However, if true  the leak by whoever  may well be designed to pressure us into letting him go now for a paltry fee. Given that I'd be inclined to hold onto him until the end of the season to demonstrate that we won't be bullied. Again if true, United may come up with a reasonable offer but that's unlikely given their perilous finances.

He has the right to pick the best offer available but the all gesturing to the fans after scoring recently now makes him look like a helmet. 

He's in great shape this season and very highly motivated. United are taking a big gamble he'll maintain that sitting on a big contract.

If true then fair enough but as hes at moment our main man and utd will be rivals for top 6 / euro spot I feel he needs to go now.  What about a swap for their louis appere? Hes only 22 and looks promising any time I've saw him.  Plays same position as watt and not yet a regular at utd.  Just hope we get someone in that can replace him .  Could be interesting window

2 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

If true then fair enough but as hes at moment our main man and utd will be rivals for top 6 / euro spot I feel he needs to go now.  What about a swap for their louis appere? Hes only 22 and looks promising any time I've saw him.  Plays same position as watt and not yet a regular at utd.  Just hope we get someone in that can replace him .  Could be interesting window

Can't see it happening, as Bruce Forsyth once said 'you get nothing for appere.....not in this game ' ,   grizzlys Christmas cracker jokes have started, sorry folks 

• Haha 1

Serious question. I've not really looked, but I always assumed Dundee Utd were in a similar position to us budget wise. Are they not fairly similar to us in terms of crowds and season ticket sales etc ? 

Such a bizarre time to announce it if anything just a bit off. I think like someone said  his agent might be looking to cut a deal with Motherwell so he is out the door come end of January.

I really am not arsed he is leaving but I hope he does go as with Gallagher when he was clearly going he gave up the ghost and never kicked a ball for us for 6 months.

4 hours ago, Stevie73 said:

That’s a strange move for Tony Watt, must still want to live in Scotland as surely he would make more money down south, but United are probably the worst team I’ve seen at Fir Park all season. 
All the best to him but going to a team that aren’t any better than us is pretty foolish.

not if they are doubling his wages and if hes going to United no one better has come in for him. 

5 hours ago, Coatsy said:

If true he should be moved on in January, strange I thought he would have understood the grass is not always greener. We move on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree Id move him out in January , there would be a fans reaction for the last 6 months that could unsettle the whole team. I think the leak is designed to force Motherwell into that position. Can only hope we have a replacement lined up.

5 hours ago, mfc said:

If true,that's a shocking move for watt,clearly he will be earning shankland levels of money at them but as far as ambition goes,it's a total sideways move.

Unless his ambition, like most footballers, is to earn as much money in a relatively short career as possible.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Unless his ambition, like most footballers, is to earn as much money in a relatively short career as possible.

it always baffles me the amount of fans that think most players are in it for what they can achieve and not what they can earn. if true move him out now we move on to our next Tony Watt.

I like Tony Watt, he's been decent for us.
If true, a bit of a sideways move for him, albeit for more money.
Dundee United aren't a bigger club than us in my eyes outwith a decent period in the 80's when they had an outstanding manager.
We've lost better players in the past and will do again in the future.
I'd rather have a club to support as opposed to paying silly money in wages again.
Just my opinion troops.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Modernist said:

I like Tony Watt, he's been decent for us.
If true, a bit of a sideways move for him, albeit for more money.
Dundee United aren't a bigger club than us in my eyes outwith a decent period in the 80's when they had an outstanding manager.
We've lost better players in the past and will do again in the future.
I'd rather have a club to support as opposed to paying silly money in wages again.
Just my opinion troops.

if there had been bigger and better offer than Dundee Utds he wouldnt be going to Tannadice. 

2 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

If true, keep him for the remaining months of his contract and sit him on the bench or the stand.

That would depend on his attitude. If he continues to give his all, and I think he would, then I'd keep him in the team. If not I'd park him in the stand. I wouldn't be selling him to United or any other team this window unless they met our valuation.  No leaving on the cheap. 

Well  this has come out of the blue somewhat !

Fully expected him to leave but to go down south not to Dundee United. They have a bigger fan base of course but not by much. Historically in terms of league performances they are less successful than us. 

If this is remotely true then I would be scunnered. Moving to a direct rival in the same league.  Not sure but if true I don’t imagine the fans would be that forgiving if he stayed till the summer.  And how are United in a position to afford such wages ? 

This stinks. Again all paper talk but if true he has to move on in the window. Either that or we play players that are contracted beyond the summer and/or bring someone else in. 

1 hour ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Well  this has come out of the blue somewhat !

Fully expected him to leave but to go down south not to Dundee United. They have a bigger fan base of course but not by much. Historically in terms of league performances they are less successful than us. 

If this is remotely true then I would be scunnered. Moving to a direct rival in the same league.  Not sure but if true I don’t imagine the fans would be that forgiving if he stayed till the summer.  And how are United in a position to afford such wages ? 

This stinks. Again all paper talk but if true he has to move on in the window. Either that or we play players that are contracted beyond the summer and/or bring someone else in. 

The paper talk doesn't seem remotely vague , it states quite clearly he's signed a 3 year deal with UTD so I don't think its just paper talk. Paper talk is generally where they are taking a punt on a story and printing speculation. Rarely if ever have I seen the papers report someone has signed for a club and it isn't true. Plenty times they say Player X will sign and it doesnt happen.. There is no dubiety or speculation in the story.

• David locked this topic