2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

13 minutes ago, smiddy said:

texan you know how secrets are kept  as if for instance say you daughter had the rona, that would be up to u if you tell  anybody , the same as thats uptp dundee utd  / to tell anyboby no what i mean     oh and a happy xmas to everybody / embody in texas     in case i do know embody u know what a mean :cheers: 

Lol yep. She’s got it but since she was already vaccinated she’s doin fine.  You wouldn’t even know she had it.   Other than we made her eat in the front room last night. Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone. Hoping we make it over at the third attempt, this coming year. 

46 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

it's a rock and hard place. 

if we let him go now - We move on but if he moves to Utd now we improve their season whilst making our worse - even a fee £2-300k doesn't make it worth it

keep him and he he could easily hold back, fall out the team etc. 

All in all this takes the jam out my donut, pre contracts should have some form of secrecy clause it's its poor for the player and existing club.  

I think pre contracts should be scrapped. Just stick to the windows for any transfer talks etc. they just put teams and players in awkward positions. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Lol yep. She’s got it but since she was already vaccinated she’s doin fine.  You wouldn’t even know she had it.   Other than we made her eat in the front room last night. Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone. Hoping we make it over at the third attempt, this coming year. 

oooohhh are they allowing you this time :D

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

My mum is a legend and bought me the away top for Christmas,   just turned it round and it says 'Watt 32'!!! Awwww nawwww,  only joking.  I did get the top though, magic....COYW

grizzly if your strugglin all by you shirt of you for a fiver     for ma pal     all take the 32 oot n replace it for A DICK     and i will gift it to ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 

MERRY XMAS YODO  my sparing partner xxxxxxxxx     

Stating the obvious but Dundee Utd deliberately leaked this to the press for their own gain.  the Thomson’s were shrewd operators  when in charge of them previously but these yanks bring something different to the table, and we unfortunately have been a victim of this.  But this is business in their eyes and we will need to suck it up

7 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Stating the obvious but Dundee Utd deliberately leaked this to the press for their own gain.  the Thomson’s were shrewd operators  when in charge of them previously but these yanks bring something different to the table, and we unfortunately have been a victim of this.  But this is business in their eyes and we will need to suck it up

and lets be honest what are we really sucking up?  at seasons end , even with TW, UTD will win exactly the same as us...... Fuck all.  The only difference they will have paid out alot more money than us to win fuck all. The futility of Scottish Football in a nutshell. 

39 minutes ago, smiddy said:

grizzly if your strugglin all by you shirt of you for a fiver     for ma pal     all take the 32 oot n replace it for A DICK     and i will gift it to ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 

MERRY XMAS YODO  my sparing partner xxxxxxxxx     

Cheers smiddy but top is all primed ready to wear tomorrow in front of telly as I was unsuccessful in ballot......COYW

6 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

I'm in the camp where if Dundee Utd won't pay us £200k or more to take Watt now, he stays and sits in the stand watching Motherwell until the end off the season. 

The idea of not playing our top scorer is madness. If he's still committed to the cause then I'd play him, and I'm sure Alexander will know what to do. Happy to trust his judgement on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Take his goals away and see what position we would be in. Take that number of places and multiply by 80k. Then double to cover the remainder of the season. If Utd don’t want to pay that then he stays. Whether he plays or not the remainder of the season is up to him and the manager. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Take his goals away and see what position we would be in. Take that number of places and multiply by 80k. Then double to cover the remainder of the season. If Utd don’t want to pay that then he stays. Whether he plays or not the remainder of the season is up to him and the manager. 

We'd 8th/9th depending on goal difference which I can't be bothered working out.

His goals have 'won' us 11 points this season although that's assuming goalkeepers and defenders did nothing and the player that would have played instead of him was similarly inactive.

Only learning about this and have to say I'm quite disappointed but he's only scored 2 in his last 8 and given basically the start of this season was the only time he's scored regularly over pretty much a career I'd be looking to make a deal with Dundee Utd in the window and get some money for him.

I have absolutely no problem with players making some cash.  It's their job. Will be sad to see him go though.

I’m surprised/disappointed that it’s been done now. I thought end of season to consider any offers he got. Perhaps this one is really good for him and that’s fine but from motherwell perspective to sell your “best” player to a close rival during the season does not make sense. If this had been him going to a team out with Scotland it would be a different story. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

I’m surprised/disappointed that it’s been done now. I thought end of season to consider any offers he got. Perhaps this one is really good for him and that’s fine but from motherwell perspective to sell your “best” player to a close rival during the season does not make sense. If this had been him going to a team out with Scotland it would be a different story. 

If we can get a good fee of around £200,000 and get a replacement lined up then sell him. If not he better get used to sitting on the bench. 

8 minutes ago, steelboy said:

If we can get a good fee of around £200,000 and get a replacement lined up then sell him. If not he better get used to sitting on the bench. 

no chance    maybee £50 k      if were lucky, they are poorer than a church moose    debt up to there eyeballs 

11 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I think we will sign a striker in january even if watt doesn't leave,alexander seems to be quite ruthless and I don't see him taking any chances with watt if he doesn't want to be here.if we can get watt out the door and somebody in by the morton game,that would be the ideal scenario.i can see united offering about a 100k for him,hopefully they don't waste our time by offering any old shite that can't get a game for them.

3 minutes ago, mfc said:

I think we will sign a striker in january even if watt doesn't leave,alexander seems to be quite ruthless and I don't see him taking any chances with watt if he doesn't want to be here.if we can get watt out the door and somebody in by the morton game,that would be the ideal scenario.i can see united offering about a 100k for him,hopefully they don't waste our time by offering any old shite that can't get a game for them.

they havent got anybody i would take 

3 minutes ago, mfc said:

I'm the same,there's nobody I would be wanting off dundee it'd.

I'd have appere or niskanen

Both look like potential and are both really busy plus their best position on left of front 3.

We need someone as Robert's also be away.  Mclennan at Aberdeen also I feel has got something.  

Who ever we get is a risk so here's hoping it works.

25 minutes ago, mfc said:

I think we will sign a striker in january even if watt doesn't leave,alexander seems to be quite ruthless and I don't see him taking any chances with watt if he doesn't want to be here.

I'm not quite sure why people seem to think Watt doesn't want to be here? He's looking like he'll sign a deal with United for next season, but that doesn't mean he suddenly can't be bothered and doesn't want to be here now?

I'm fairly certain that he's thoroughly enjoyed his time here, and if we could match what United offered I think he'd have happily stayed. But we couldn't or didn't choose to, so he's right to take the deal that works best for his family's future. 

Until he leaves though, I'm sure we'll get 100% out of him. Be it end the of the season or next month with a transfer fee.

• Like 2

• David locked this topic