2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

Always thought Gogic was decent in the holding role and he could probably do a job. However, as others have said, we are well covered in that area, so dont really see the point. Money better spent elsewhere.

56 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Jake Hastie has 18 months of being paid a fortune to jog about. Madness

Is it £5k a week? So £1M over 4 years in his early 20s.  He could buy a house then start a window cleaning outfit while he plays for the wee Rovers.  Set up for life.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Jake Hastie has 18 months of being paid a fortune to jog about. Madness

No if your Jake Hastie it isn’t.     How long would most folk take to earn that?   I’m sure it won’t be anywhere near 18 months.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Is it £5k a week? So £1M over 4 years in his early 20s.  He could buy a house then start a window cleaning outfit while he plays for the wee Rovers.  Set up for life.

A very hefty income for anyone but presumably he'll be paying National Insurance and income tax at the highest rate?

25 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Can we sign Zak "I'm just here to score f**king goals" Rudden soon, anybody seen that clip? Belter

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3741558/zak-rudden-rangers-falkirk-apology-f-bomb/

Speaking with my work Colleague who’s a long Standing season ticket holder at Thistle, he’s surprised at the interest in him. Does not think he’s premiership level.

11 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Speaking with my work Colleague who’s a long Standing season ticket holder at Thistle, he’s surprised at the interest in him. Does not think he’s premiership level.

Nice try by your mate trying to throw off the scouts!

The few times I've seen him play he's looked decent, but how that would translate to the Premiership is always the big question. I think he's firmly in the "might have some potential" camp right now.

• Like 1

Faissal el Bakhtaoui looked an absolute standout at East End but failed to make the grade at a higher level with Dundee. Quite a few promising players in the Championship fail to make the step up to the Premiership. Potential isn't always realised.

I think rudden would be worth a gamble if we could get him on a pre contract,I'm not sure about us spending money on him this month if watt moves on though.if watt leaves and we can get a half decent replacement,I can see us having a good second half of the season.

2 minutes ago, mfc said:

I think rudden would be worth a gamble if we could get him on a pre contract,I'm not sure about us spending money on him this month if watt moves on though.if watt leaves and we can get a half decent replacement,I can see us having a good second half of the season.

alot will also depend how much the opposing teams have managed to strengthen or not too

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

A very hefty income for anyone but presumably he'll be paying National Insurance and income tax at the highest rate?

Income tax!! He  plays for Rangers Dave, they probably  run special tax dodging classes after training

• Like 1

As I posted on the former plays thread earlier this week……….

From Salary Sport website……..

Jake Hastie earns £5,100 per week, £265,200 per year playing for Rangers as a AM RLC, F C. Jake Hastie's net worth is £868,920. Jake Hastie is 22 years old and was born in Scotland. His current contract expires May 31, 2023.

Knowing his family background and very strong allegiances to the other side of Glasgow was surprised he signed at Greyskull

but on that money it’s a no brainier……..no mortgage at 22 

Blinder indeed……..average full time wage for Uk in 2021 is apparently £31285………. Or would take average wage earner nearly 34 years to make what he could potentially make in his 4 year contract!!!!! FFS !!!! 

9 hours ago, weeyin said:

Nice try by your mate trying to throw off the scouts!

The few times I've seen him play he's looked decent, but how that would translate to the Premiership is always the big question. I think he's firmly in the "might have some potential" camp right now.

I must admit I did tend to see a few Thistle games but have not been for quite a while now. I think looking at potential in the lower leagues is important but my goodness it’s tough getting it right at times. We already have Shields written off by one or two and that’s someone that had very high praise by his former club. It’s quite a step up.

• David locked this topic