2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

9 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I think you have just listed all the reasons why it wont happen.

The only one that would have made it even worth considering is his football ability.

Having a debate whether the latter is worth overlooking the former is normal.

Griffiths could be a divisive character for sure, but Im not sure he is on the Goodwillie level?

No correct hes certainly not goodwillie level but the divide it would cause imo would certainly not be worth it. Plus I personally do not think he's got it now.

4 minutes ago, David said:

They seem to be in for him, that's for sure. 

There seems to be quite a few managers and clubs who think they'll be the ones that can sort him out.

Queens Park were the early favourites, and then Falkirk. Earlier this week St Johnstone were in the mix and then St Mirren showed an interest after Brophy was injured.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Fuck me, Leigh Griffiths?

No chance of us signing him. Firstly he’s clearly finished and secondly that would involve us actually signing a centre forward so this is a non starter!

3 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Strange he knocked back top flight to go to Falkirk but hey ho.

The guy clearly has a few things going on, hopefully he sorts himself out mentally and enjoys his last few years as a footballer.

I don’t see it in truth, I think we’re looking at a decline in the guy that’s not going to go the other way. A car crash of an individual.

• 2 weeks later...

He’s a player who is improving as time goes on, which is all we can realistically ask for. He looked an absolute bombscare initially but has gradually grew in composure and confidence and I think it’s a good thing that we’ve managed to tie him down. Hopefully he keeps on with his improvement.

I would be more than happy with top six this season and another summer for Alexander to further develop the squad. We’re on a poor run in the league but there is nothing to suggest we’re inferior to anyone else outside the old firm. We’ve a number of players that I think will develop further given time and a little patience. I always defended Robinson but I think Alexander has the edge overall, looks to be a little more work going into looking at a player before signing him. He’s also improved a number of players, Watt, Lamie, Bevis, Goss, McGinley.  I look at the managers coming into other clubs and I can’t say I’m that impressed, only Ross County have really improved. Dundee United, Hibs, Dundee, Aberdeen, St Johnstone have all carried on going backwards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

I would be more than happy with top six this season and another summer for Alexander to further develop the squad. We’re on a poor run in the league but there is nothing to suggest we’re inferior to anyone else outside the old firm. We’ve a number of players that I think will develop further given time and a little patience. I always defended Robinson but I think Alexander has the edge overall, looks to be a little more work going into looking at a player before signing him. He’s also improved a number of players, Watt, Lamie, Bevis, Goss, McGinley.  I look at the managers coming into other clubs and I can’t say I’m that impressed, only Ross County have really improved. Dundee United, Hibs, Dundee, Aberdeen, St Johnstone have all carried on going backwards. 

Pretty much agree with you Yorky, but I fear for our top 6 slot. We'll struggle as it is to remain in the top half but if Van Veen is out  for any length of time (2+ weeks) then we'll drop down a few places given how tight it is. Even with him we're struggling to score but take him out and we've virtually no firepower.  Sucess for me this season would be anywhere above 8th spot, which would represent improvement on last season. Overall our recruitment has been pretty good but we have made a mistake in not signing another out and out striker, and could cost us.

• David locked this topic