2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

To drop out the Top Six would mean St Mirren, Aberdeen or Livingston finishing above us. We've been the better team in every single game against those teams this season bar the St Mirren home game where we were still robbed of 3 points, so missing out to one of them would definitely be a massive disappointment.

I think there is a decent chance we may be sitting in 9 th spot ater our game against Rangers next week. However we then have 5remaining games that are all winnable. So let’s not panic when we are in9 th spot next week. I would not play KVV next week but give him an extra week to recover so we have him for the run in. 

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

I think there is a decent chance we may be sitting in 9 th spot ater our game against Rangers next week. However we then have 5remaining games that are all winnable. So let’s not panic when we are in9 th spot next week. I would not play KVV next week but give him an extra week to recover so we have him for the run in. 

If he’s fit we should be playing him! He’s our best forward player and we need to be playing our strongest side when we need points on the board, regardless of opposition.

Hopefully KVV's injury isn't serious but if he's out for weeks or even a month or two we have a problem. 

After the Sevco game there will be no easy games  with some teams fighting for their lives. We have to start turning superiority into goals. That's what matters.

3 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

If he’s fit we should be playing him! He’s our best forward player and we need to be playing our strongest side when we need points on the board, regardless of opposition.

Agree, if he’s fit, play him. If he is not 100% then don’t push it against Rangers. If we are going to risk him at all then risk him where we have a greater chance of a reward. 

On 2/20/2022 at 2:12 PM, Yassin said:

To drop out the Top Six would mean St Mirren, Aberdeen or Livingston finishing above us. We've been the better team in every single game against those teams this season bar the St Mirren home game where we were still robbed of 3 points, so missing out to one of them would definitely be a massive disappointment.

We have the worst form in the league over the last 8 games so doing so would hardly be a surprise. Defensively we are a nightmare and we struggle to score.

“Worst form in the league” Typical Motherwell then eh?

Crap runs followed by a solid set of games.

Lets  get the Sevco game out of the way and maybe just maybe get something out of them on Sunday.

Then we focus on our last 5 games before the split where if we get 10 out of 15 points we can definitely have a chance at 4th!

Cmon Yee Well!!

3 hours ago, Motherwell Daft said:

“Worst form in the league” Typical Motherwell then eh?

Crap runs followed by a solid set of games.

Lets  get the Sevco game out of the way and maybe just maybe get something out of them on Sunday.

Then we focus on our last 5 games before the split where if we get 10 out of 15 points we can definitely have a chance at 4th!

Cmon Yee Well!!

Agree. No game will be easy. But our last 5 games are as good a run in as you could hope for.  It’s up to the players to up their game and end our season with a few victories. While we might be 9th after the Rangers game. That’s ok because the points difference between 9th and 4th will not really be that much 

4 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

I see Scott Fox getting a contract extension which is fair enough, goalkeeping is a strange position to cover but I have never seen him play for us, maybe someone can correct me but apart from friendly’s has he played a first team game?

pretty underwhelming - at 34 years old is he ever going to be a realistic replacement for Kelly - would prefer to rely on a youngster for the back up.

Was looking at our first team squad earlier - time to start trimming back - appreciate we do need 3 keepers but we have c10 defenders on our books and 8 midfield players - too many - too many mediocre pros gobbling up the wage bill

It doesn’t do any harm having an experienced back up goalkeeper on the books. Perhaps at age 34 Fox might have one eye on moving into coaching and maybe the club see it the same way?

I do though see your point about having a youngster as back up, and indeed we do have one in PJ Morrison who will be looking to break into the first team sooner or later. I don’t know what this extension for Fox means for young Morrison.

Backup keepers barely play, but we still need one, so Fox is fine. If PJ is a realistic contender he needs as much game time as possible somewhere.

It was nice when we had Gillespie and Carson, but that was a total accident.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fizoxy said:

It was nice when we had Gillespie and Carson, but that was a total accident.

It was also problematic, as both of them saw themselves as first-choice, but only one of them could play.

Fox is a decent keeper to have on the books, especially if he's not on a fortune. It means we have experienced cover should Kelly get injured, and can continue progressing PJ to eventually take over that slot and hopefully challenge Kelly for the jersey.

• David locked this topic