2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

Maybe he has some mysterious clause in his contract re leaving in January if he has a certain offer or a pre contract signed.   If not make an example of him and hold him to his contract with us ,on the bench he will never regain fitness levels after that . 

32 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Eh Shankland has left them 

Aye, we know. As someone earlier pointed out, it would seem ironic if we ended up with Shankland on loan from whichever Belgian club he's ended up at while they have Watt.  Frankly I'd rather play with ten men than give Shankland a wage...

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Aye, we know. As someone earlier pointed out, it would seem ironic if we ended up with Shankland on loan from whichever Belgian club he's ended up at while they have Watt.  Frankly I'd rather play with ten men than give Shankland a wage...

So what has Shankland got to do with the Watt deal 

3 hours ago, stv said:

Maybe he has some mysterious clause in his contract re leaving in January if he has a certain offer or a pre contract signed.   If not make an example of him and hold him to his contract with us ,on the bench he will never regain fitness levels after that . 

I don’t think that we should be making an example of him, unless that is what benefits MFC the most but I certainly don’t think we should be letting him go to Utd in January unless they stump up a wad of cash and a decent amount of it. 

2 hours ago, Yodo said:

So what has Shankland got to do with the Watt deal 

This is the rebuild thread, not the Tony Watt thread. If you read through it, you'll see where Shankland was mentioned, why he was mentioned, where it was clarified he doesn't play for Utd, comparisons with Clark and a joke from a Tesco Christmas cracker.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Watt out, Lafferty in. 

Lafferty to outscore Watt 7-2 over the rest of the season. 

dont think he could go GA strict discipliarian approach to fitbaw, think theres to much nonsence in his heid + he likes to be in the paper bummin up his blue pals,

good goalscorer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, arse of a man 

13 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

The "Prince of Orange" and Lafferty - could there be a better match :danced:

I think it would be interesting, and maybe for some of the fanbase quite an exciting prospect, not sure it would work though and Lafferty/Alexander ?

We tried to sign Lafferty before Van Veen, and I think Alexander played alongside him at Burnley, so I don't think there's anything to suggest we wouldn't go for him on that basis.

I don't think he's what we need right now though. As well as Van Veen and Watt have performed thus far I think they've been a bit of an awkward fit in our system, with one having to play out left. If we're replacing Watt I'd rather see a James Scott type (not James Scott I know he's at Hibs until the end of the season) wide forward.

Every poster who wanted us to sign Lafferty and have Tommy Wright as our manager should be made to watch the Dundee v Kilmarnock playoff every day for the rest of 2022. First one to find where Lafferty was hiding for those games wins a prize.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Kyle Lafferty must have been linked with us every January window for 4 years now.

That being said I could see him as a useful option. Not the most exciting signing and not someone I'd expect to start but offers something different and can play in the middle or wide in  front three. 

I was keen for this deal to go through previously now I'm not fussed, I wouldn't be appaled by it but at the same time I wouldn't be excited by it.

6 hours ago, smiddy said:

dont think he could go GA strict discipliarian approach to fitbaw, think theres to much nonsence in his heid + he likes to be in the paper bummin up his blue pals,

good goalscorer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, arse of a man 

Alexander agreed to an interview with Paul Slane so he must have a tolerance for numpties. 

If you're an opposing defender and you see KVV, Woolery and Lafferty lined up against you it's going to be a hard shift. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

Alexander agreed to an interview with Paul Slane so he must have a tolerance for numpties. 

If you're an opposing defender and you see KVV, Woolery and Lafferty lined up against you it's going to be a hard shift. 

If Lafferty wasn't such a dickhead off the field he would have been a brilliant player, lots of ability but his heads wasted we don't need that nonsense upsetting the team.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 12:40 PM, David said:

What makes you think that? Are you assuming that by leaving Fir Park he'll immediately abandon the incredible work ethic that has made all the difference to his game?

Yes.

His history shows that. He may have talent but only when it suits him, we seem to be a good match for him. So I don't think it will work too well for him. Fair fucks to him. 

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

If Lafferty wasn't such a dickhead off the field he would have been a brilliant player, lots of ability but his heads wasted we don't need that nonsense upsetting the team.

Putting aside his 50 goals in the last 10 seasons mediocrity, 12 different clubs in those 10 seasons should make it pretty clear he's best avoided.

34 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Putting aside his 50 goals in the last 10 seasons mediocrity, 12 different clubs in those 10 seasons should make it pretty clear he's best avoided.

One more than Watt, two ahead of Van Veen, though Woolery ties on twelve. Shields has seven in six years, so he may yet beat the lot of them.

• David locked this topic