2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

7 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Gallagher has been the best defender we've had at the club for a very long time.

He was absolutely exceptional last season and while not at that level this term he's still our best defender by a country mile.

Disappointing that he's moving on, resigning him would have been a major coup, but if you are good at Motherwell you don't stay here long.

I suspect some people will miss him more next season than right at this instant.

you could argue he's the best by a country mile cos the rest are utter pish. A piece of glass shines in a plie of shite.

4 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

He no longer wants to be at Motherwell and for me thats been the case for a few months, so he won't be missed, 2 more games then we can move this debate to the former players thread and wish him well at Aberdeen.

oh I don't wish him well at Aberdeen as any former player likely to play against us I hope hes fucking pish. Would be good if he continues the long history of good players leaving Motherwell and going to Aberdeen and being shite.

• Like 2

I dont wish Gallagher any ill will as he leaves the club as he is perfectly entitled to the best he can for him and his family. However, the way he and his agent have conducted themselves since January leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. As a result, Id absolutely love it if we could finish above Aberdeen next season.

He will be replaced and tbh he has been pretty average at best this season.He hasn't looked like he wanted to be here for since Xmas and we have looked better believe or not when he wasn't in the team.

No great loss as folk think it will be and 100 percent not we have Ricki"Prime Maldini"Lamie finding his form.

Not the move he would have anticipated when he threw the toys out the pram in Dec/Jan but a decent move for a player of his standard. I wish him well but I never fully took the guy despite a very good first season at Fir Park and his significant role in Scotland qualifying for the euros. As a captain he let the club down badly and that won’t be forgotten. 

We’ve lost better centre halves in recent years. Hopefully we can unearth another Kipre, Hutchinson or Aldred. 

Deffo a big miss for us next season, hasn’t been as good this season but he is without a doubt one of the best defenders in the league.

Shouldn’t kick another ball for us and the shenanigans that may have gone on around his contract need to be made clear to the fans given they own the club.

22 minutes ago, ropy said:

Don’t see why they couldn’t have sat on this news till after next Sunday.  It can only create a negative vibe.

This is a valid Q. Would it have made any difference ? 

I see he has deactivated twitter for a while anyway.  No real surprise.....

No doubt he is a good defender and would have played in our last 2 games for sure before this announcement. I am not sure now. GA strikes me as the kinda guy that will not tolerate players who are not wanting to be at Motherwell. 

He will still probably make Euro squad and as he is contracted until end of June then it probably is true we will get the UEFA participation fee. So does our not playing him last 2 games put his place in the squad in jeopardy ?

Edit to add - Dec could have said to Aberdeen let’s wait until end of season. Maybe they thought it would get out anyway. Just another unsavoury end to this whole affair. 

Not bitter but I wish him no luck at all after his contract ends. 

Not too fussed, he was excellent in his first season but I don't think he'll be irreplaceable. As for the next 2 games our aim is to secure 7th and maximise the prize-money we get. To do that we need our best 11 out on the park, at the moment that probably includes Gallagher. If he shows any drop-off in effort tho we'll have options on the bench to replace him.

39 minutes ago, ropy said:

Don’t see why they couldn’t have sat on this news till after next Sunday.  It can only create a negative vibe.

Absolutely Ropy. What harm would it have done? Another classless act in this sorry saga. 

An observation rather than making any particular point but his pre-contract with Motherwell was public knowledge before the end of his last season at Livingston so this is not unchartered territory for Gallagher by any manner of means.

16 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

An observation rather than making any particular point but his pre-contract with Motherwell was public knowledge before the end of his last season at Livingston so this is not unchartered territory for Gallagher by any manner of means.

It was Andy, but the difference was that it was announced by a miffed 3rd party (Tom Wright) who wasn't involved in the deal.

6 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Sounds like Aberdeen looking for some good press with their own fans before the end of the season.

They've never been slow to parade their latest signing from Fir Park.

Aberdeen need all the good press they can get, by all accounts their fans are distinctly unimpressed by their new manager, I get the impression they are in for a tough season.

Scoutin Straegy Meetin 2021 - Pittodrie Stadioum, Airbirdeeen

Chairmin: Fit like, can I bring the meetin tae ordir! Now, we goat that baldy tink frae Sellik, wha next? Far div we git some playirs, teams shite?

Cheef Scoot: I've goat the perfect plan min, Mitherwell virtoal season tikit, dae it all in one place, an get a earlybird discoont tae.

Chairmin: First rate plan min, and saving money tae, yi fair ken how to slather ma butteries!

Poach, Sleep, Lose, Repeat ...... Same meeting and outcome every year for the past 15.

• Haha 1

• David locked this topic