2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

1 hour ago, Happy Dosser said:

I don't see Woolery as a first XI starter: Roberts seems much more talented, more nimble and faster and with more of a football brain than the guy who has seemed a nailed-on starter under GA. To me he doesn't know when or where to run, and that's since I saw him in the first game against Hibs. But what do I know?

KVV seems not to have totally convinced the manager, or maybe he doubts his attitude. Yet, once he came on yesterday, things started to happen. I still think he could work alongside Shields, with  Roberts as a "winger".

Watt was great as an out ball: the ball seemed stuck to his laces and he was great at winning "fouls" while emerging as a genuine goalscorer with great awareness.  But those days are gone now and in the past they must remain :yes:. His comment that he went to DU for footballing reasons and not the money does not convince me at all. False badge-kissers always get on my nazzums.

I doubt we'll move for a striker this month so GA will have to be creative and use what he has at the moment.

I’de be extremely surprised if we don’t sign another striker given Watt has gone and Van Veen rarely has a run of games. We’re surely not relying on the front three that started yesterday.

I'd think another striker is a must. Conor Shields is showing promise but he's a work in progress.  I like KVV a lot but he is slightly injury prone and susceptible to the odd card meaning that suspensions are inevitable. That leaves us a bit short.

Ross Tierney looks really promising but I'm not sure where fits in a 4-3-3- formation. I think he's more suited to some variant of 4-4-2. 

As always time will tell.

11 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Keep starting woolery and we will go nowhere,   I just don't see what he brings to the team but that is just my opinion 

I wasn't a Woolerly fan but I thought the last 4 or 5 games before the christmas break he really came onto a game and was a great addition to the team. He wasn't up to scratch at the weekend but hopefully its just temporary

10 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'd think another striker is a must. Conor Shields is showing promise but he's a work in progress.  I like KVV a lot but he is slightly injury prone and susceptible to the odd card meaning that suspensions are inevitable. That leaves us a bit short.

Ross Tierney looks really promising but I'm not sure where fits in a 4-3-3- formation. I think he's more suited to some variant of 4-4-2. 

As always time will tell.

We could do with unearthing a Louis Moult Mk.II then, plucked  no doubt  from the obscurity of English tier five football or some such. I wonder how much dosh we have left in the kitty for this season?

36 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

We could do with unearthing a Louis Moult Mk.II then, plucked  no doubt  from the obscurity of English tier five football or some such. I wonder how much dosh we have left in the kitty for this season?

Heard we're looking at someone from exactly that place called Andy Zoff 

A real speed merchant apparently who can play across the front 3

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

My first thought on hearing we have signed a 6ft4 right sided defender was: have we received a bid for Mugabi? 

If he's to be believed, in his presser today, GA said they were looking for central defence cover because so many others were injured. 

15 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Just watching St Mirren v Aberdeen and Rob Mclean salivating how well Aberdeen started 2nd half (still pish) St Mirren have just scored  1-0 St Mirren . we shouldnt fear that pile of pish in the cup

Even better if they sell Calvin Ramsay by then. He's been one of their best players any time I've seen him play.

• David locked this topic