Jump to content

Neilwell86

2021/2022 Rebuild

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

Why would we look at a right back ?

WIth both S'OD and young Max Jonhstone - who 's a damn fine prospect I don't see the need.

 

Good chance SOD could be away don’t know anything about that but with Max Johnston we’ve very much been trying to put him in the shop window. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume that the club thinks S'OD will be off soon and that Max Johnston isn't quite ready yet. That then begs the question, where is Liam Grimshaw in the pecking order? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I assume that the club thinks S'OD will be off soon and that Max Johnston isn't quite ready yet. That then begs the question, where is Liam Grimshaw in the pecking order? 

For me grimshaw just isn't good enough,that would be a big step backwards if he was to get back in at right back.im sure there will be interest in o'donnell,there will be teams in england that will think they can pick him up for a relatively small fee,as busta said a couple of posts up maybe the plan has always been to sell him on after the euros.i hope any speculation on o'donnell doesn't rumble on though,the last thing we need is anymore disruption especially giving the state of our squad at the minute.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mfc said:

For me grimshaw just isn't good enough,that would be a big step backwards if he was to get back in at right back.im sure there will be interest in o'donnell,there will be teams in england that will think they can pick him up for a relatively small fee,as busta said a couple of posts up maybe the plan has always been to sell him on after the euros.i hope any speculation on o'donnell doesn't rumble on though,the last thing we need is anymore disruption especially giving the state of our squad at the minute.

Good job his previous bosses didn’t think along the same lines.

Not advocating he should be ahead in any pecking order, but, we lost an energy in the team with him being unavailable - that was never replicated, despite the Mark O’Hara fans trying to say otherwise. That energy forced the team up the pitch allowing others to do their thing elsewhere.

Kid has bigger problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, while O'Donnell had a decent Euros and is a good full back at SPFL level, I'm not sure his form with us will mean a stampede of clubs looking to sign him. Celtic is a possibility, would Aberdeen , Hibs or Hearts be willing to pay a fee, even if it was set relatively low. 

I could be proved wrong, of course. Cadden attracted interest from down south and O'Donnell is a better player than him but there is a marked age difference there. 

Time will tell, I guess.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else looking at that squad and thinking next season is going to be a long long season. 
 

I know we are due a few more players but the quality will need to improve before I get any more confident. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Anyone else looking at that squad and thinking next season is going to be a long long season. 
 

I know we are due a few more players but the quality will need to improve before I get any more confident. 

We’re certainly light in both midfield and defence in my view, however the squad we have now won’t be the one we start the season with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do squad numbers give any indication of expected starting places anymore?

Just wondering if missing 1 and 9 have been offered to existing players or left for new signings.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the date stops us, we'd just announce we've signed X on a pre-contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, purestate said:

Do squad numbers give any indication of expected starting places anymore?

Just wondering if missing 1 and 9 have been offered to existing players or left for new signings.  

Mbappe number 9?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wellowell said:

Wishful thinking though trying to be positive lol 

We know the club are in talks with players, it’s just a case of giving it time for things to pan out. We will win some and lose some same as every season but regardless there will be further signings when the time is right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 months until the transfer window closes (and then there are free agents after that).

Bit early to be panicking, but that's how it goes on here.

Be even worse after a couple of games in the League Cup.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Good job his previous bosses didn’t think along the same lines.

Not advocating he should be ahead in any pecking order, but, we lost an energy in the team with him being unavailable - that was never replicated, despite the Mark O’Hara fans trying to say otherwise. That energy forced the team up the pitch allowing others to do their thing elsewhere.

Kid has bigger problems.

I know you aren't a fan of O'Hara but I'm not sure why you are mentioning him here? 

I like both lads to be honest. 100% agree on what Grimmy brings to the team in that respect. Been saying the same myself for a while - all the way back to the cup finals season. When he's on point and driving us forward from right back it's great and opens up a lot. 

I do like O'Hara when he's on song and played correctly too. The latter being the most important point. Robinson, for me, shifted him about to much as some sort of Donnelly V2 in his own eyes.  But I don't see him as someone who drives us forward like Grimmy does at his best - which it kind of, I think,  looks like your suggesting other have said. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, weeyin said:

2 months until the transfer window closes (and then there are free agents after that).

Bit early to be panicking, but that's how it goes on here.

Be even worse after a couple of games in the League Cup.

 

I m led to believe the transfer window never closes it only slams shut

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, purestate said:

Do squad numbers give any indication of expected starting places anymore?

Just wondering if missing 1 and 9 have been offered to existing players or left for new signings.  

I’d say with the exception of Tony Watt (32) that the numbers 1-11 (excluding 10) would be GA’s starting 11. 
 

Although I’m surprised the big lad Shields wasn’t offered the number 9 jersey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Mbappe number 9?

Not for me.

Nae good at penalties.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wellup83 said:

Can you imagine the scenario? Wants to see a bit of Scotland and agrees to play for free until his contract expires in December :D

Ain't going to happen. I hear he's an Accies fan  (on his mum's side): always wanted to play in cerise and French grey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×