Jump to content

Neilwell86

2021/2022 Rebuild

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Don't know anything about the lad but hardly a goalscorer that said he's been getting a lot of games and at a good level so don't see why he wouldn't do a job for us.

10 in 10 games was his best streak and he appears clinical in his videos (i know mainly agent videos, I know). The fans are also dismayed at him leaving and have said he would be agreat signing for his new club which is usually a decent sign. Its just a left field, clutching at straws type of thing. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Kashket was what they used to bury Sir Sean.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, wellowell said:

Robbie Gotts has played as a right back wonder if we will only go for him if O,Donnell leaves tomorrow . 

Can he play on the wing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Can he play on the wing 

Roberts is still available is he not ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Well Well said:

 I see Scott Kashket  a striker was leaving his club by mutual consent to join an as yet un named club before the end of the transfer deadline. Seems like a hard working striker and wonder if it was somebody that GA would show an interest in. Not like we are prolific in front of goal just now.

Starting to feel like it doesn't really matter who we bring in as the strikers we have already get limited, almost zero service.  Hammering long high balls constantly I'm sure is not the sort of service any striker wants. Not saying the long ball isn't a tactic to be used sometimes, but we never seem to play it  to their feet. or knock it on the ground past them for them to run onto.

I do think that the formation is causing a lot of our issues and also having a weak midfield. Will be interesting to see who comes in tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See Donnelly is away with the NI squad hope he's available to sign for whoever wants him ,wishful thinking eh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, parko66 said:

Starting to feel like it doesn't really matter who we bring in as the strikers we have already get limited, almost zero service.  Hammering long high balls constantly I'm sure is not the sort of service any striker wants. Not saying the long ball isn't a tactic to be used sometimes, but we never seem to play it  to their feet. or knock it on the ground past them for them to run onto.

I do think that the formation is causing a lot of our issues and also having a weak midfield. Will be interesting to see who comes in tomorrow.

completely agree. No matter who the 3 midfielders are most of the bottom 6 clubs will put 4 or 5 players against it .

I'm hoping that we bring in a decent right midfielder who can pass - that way we can have Goss, and TBC wide midfield with O'Hara and Slattery giving us a bit of dig in the centre.

I genuinely believe we're only a couple of players away from being really solid but only if we change formation

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Well Well said:

 I see Scott Kashket  a striker was leaving his club by mutual consent to join an as yet un named club before the end of the transfer deadline. Seems like a hard working striker and wonder if it was somebody that GA would show an interest in. Not like we are prolific in front of goal just now.

Signed for Crewe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58388845

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well think that was expected.

Burrows said we expected 2 so one more, and Alexander said he didn't expect anyone out the door (but he would have to say that so not taking much from that). Still expecting to see O'Donnell leave after his recent stomach bug that doesn't stop him training with Scotland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Ali Crawford has went to St Johnstone and Leigh Griffiths to Dundee.

I wouldn't have minded Crawford but I know a fair few on here would be against it.

I'm glad we didn't go for Griffiths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

I see Ali Crawford has went to St Johnstone and Leigh Griffiths to Dundee.

I wouldn't have minded Crawford but I know a fair few on here would be against it.

I'm glad we didn't go for Griffiths.

Even Accies fans I know don't rate Crawford...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Even Accies fans I know don't rate Crawford...

He was easily their best performer any time I saw them play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

FLAT BACK 7 for the last 15 mins

I've got a feeling we're going to see A LOT of that this season. 

We aren't going to be a fluid, freescoring outfit, but neither can I see us leaking too many if big Sondre settles in well alongside Ojala.

I can see a lot of our games being settled by just the one goal, and if it's us sitting 1-0 up midway through the 2nd half, then THE WALL will be deployed. It makes for grim viewing, but can't argue about its success so far.

This season definitely ain't gonna be McGhee Mk1 style, edge of your seat stuff that's for sure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mfcdez said:

I've got a feeling we're going to see A LOT of that this season. 

We aren't going to be a fluid, freescoring outfit, but neither can I see us leaking too many if big Sondre settles in well alongside Ojala.

I can see a lot of our games being settled by just the one goal, and if it's us sitting 1-0 up midway through the 2nd half, then THE WALL will be deployed. It makes for grim viewing, but can't argue about its success so far.

This season definitely ain't gonna be McGhee Mk1 style, edge of your seat stuff that's for sure.

 

If we're as successful as Jim MacLean's Dundee United were at playing this way then I won't complain.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wellowell said:

Johannsen confirmed 3 year deal 

I see the usual "great signing " comments on twitter. Seriously how do guys come out with that bollocks we will only know if he's a great signing once he plays.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All good teams need a solid defence and hopefully we’re on the way to being that. It would certainly make a change from the past few years anyway.

Welcome to our great average sized, firmly established top flight club Sondre Solholm. :thumbup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, the only defensive call GA made in the Dundee game was to bring on McGinley when Carroll was red carded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I see the usual "great signing " comments on twitter. Seriously how do guys come out with that bollocks we will only know if he's a great signing once he plays.

in comparison to what we have already? I agree with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I see Ali Crawford has went to St Johnstone and Leigh Griffiths to Dundee.
I wouldn't have minded Crawford but I know a fair few on here would be against it.
I'm glad we didn't go for Griffiths.

Would have loved to have seen Crawford at Fir Park - cracking player.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, weeyin said:

To be fair, the only defensive call GA made in the Dundee game was to bring on McGinley when Carroll was red carded.

I thought so too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×